Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalRenard

May 03, 2011, 05:06:53 am #160 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:21:55 am by MetalRenard
Why do you need songs that move seamlessly from start to end without, for example, a fadeout? Doesn't make sense to me :/

As for mp3 files, I read similar tests that stated the opposite. Maybe though the ones I read were outdated - using the older ogg encoding. So my bad there.

And please tell me though, what's the urgency to have the files now? Wouldn't it be better for me to just upload a .zip with all the files in one go when you need them (faster), in the file format you need so that you won't have to re-compress them and kill the quality (better)?

Blizzard

May 03, 2011, 05:13:32 am #161 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:42:28 am by Blizzard
Because ARC's audio module will support proper fading already. The files should be loopable because if somebody wants fading, they can have fading. But if somebody doesn't want fading, then they don't have use it. Also, pretty much all games have loopable tracks.

No, there is no urgency for the files right away. You can upload them later. In fact, if you have Dropbox *points to signature*, I can give you access to our RTP directory directly and then you can put them in there and sync the files whenever you feel like it. :) As I said, the preferable format is flac (which is compressed but also lossless).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MetalRenard

May 03, 2011, 05:21:32 am #162 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:23:17 am by MetalRenard
Okies. Well in return for perfectly looping tracks, I want software that can create a perfect loop.
Can you do that?

It needs to load the file before it finishes playing and play it exactly at the end of the previous track's ending (even though they're both the same track). *points to windows media player* That doesn't do it. *points to RPG Maker* That doesn't do it.

If you do that then the least I can do is provide big endings without fadeout. It would be a waste otherwise though.

Blizzard

If you can make the beginning and the end match and give me the song speed in BPM and the number of tacts, I can pretty much cut it myself in Audacity (actually you can, too xD). That's the least problem.

I have given you access to the RTP.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

VLC media player, placing only the file in the playlist and setting the player to loop the playlist and it will play a loop able track in a loop
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

BTW, do you want to be credit only as MetalRenard or with your full name?

MetalRenard

May 03, 2011, 05:45:09 am #166 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:51:26 am by MetalRenard
Quote from: Blizzard on May 03, 2011, 05:34:04 am
If you can make the beginning and the end match and give me the song speed in BPM and the number of tacts, I can pretty much cut it myself in Audacity (actually you can, too xD). That's the least problem.

I have given you access to the RTP.

Hey don't touch my files! *runs away crying*
Don't worry, I'll edit the original project files to change the ending of the song so it matches the beginning. And... What's a tact?  :^_^':

Where can I find the access point to the RTP? I'll have a look around but if you're gonna answer my 1st question, might as well answer the 2nd too!
=> Found it.
Oh you posted new messages while I was typing.

Erm I don't use VLC Media Player, it crashed about 20 times on my machine so I gave up. I use Winamp now. Haven't tested the loop on that though.

I would like to be credited "MetalRenard" since that's how people have come to know me in the RPG Maker community.
Thanks.

Blizzard

Eh, "takt" is the word in another language. xD In English it's "beat". So basically the number speed in beats-per-minute and the number of beats and you can calculate the length of the song precisely so you know where to cut it abruptly.

MetalRenard

Oh that's ok, my software detects the end automatically or, in this case, I'll tell it to stop abruptly at the end of the MIDI file I composed with within the software.
Easy as eating a watermellon while handgliding! ... Oh that's quite hard. Well it's easy.

Blizzard

LOL! Yeah, if you can make it stop at the end of the MIDI data, that should work. :)

MetalRenard

1st file uploaded to the drop box. It loops perfectly and seamlessly.
Now... you want to create a music section or something so we can coordinate our work (I'm not the only musician right?)

Blizzard

Well, actually you are so far. >.<
I'll contribute probably a song of mine as well, but we don't need to coordinate that. In any case, you can make a topic about it. I don't think any more than that is necessary.

AngryPacman

I'm still composing for this.
I just haven't told anyone.
G_G's a silly boy.

Blizzard

winkio

I don't mean to intrude, but on the subject of looping, there's a feature used by almost all games from the past eight years that RMXP doesn't have.

Most games allow you to play an intro immediately followed by an endless loop.  If you want an example, take Super Mario Galaxy 2.  In this video, the intro starts at 0:22, then the loop starts at 0:37, then the loop restarts at 2:03, 3:27, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRRf4WCDUQ

Even in Ocarina of Time, they did the same thing.  So yeah, I think it would be a nice feature.

Agckuu Coceg

I apologize for my manner of being slowpoke, because during that time has passed several events that distracted me from work. But now everything is normal, so I present to you a fully edited by height early charsets, as well as the design of a new villager.

Early: ShowHide

Villager-05: ShowHide

QuoteMost games allow you to play an intro immediately followed by an endless loop.  If you want an example, take Super Mario Galaxy 2.  In this video, the intro starts at 0:22, then the loop starts at 0:37, then the loop restarts at 2:03, 3:27, etc:

Hm... I'm too think that's a nice idea.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

MetalRenard

Yes, it would be nice, but to do that you need to be 100% sure you're going to do it because music needs to be written to accommodate that. If you change your minds later then it's too late.

winkio

not really.  If you just want a loop you can simply not use an intro.  It actually gives more freedom, not less.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on May 04, 2011, 01:10:16 pm
I don't mean to intrude, but on the subject of looping, there's a feature used by almost all games from the past eight years that RMXP doesn't have.

Most games allow you to play an intro immediately followed by an endless loop.  If you want an example, take Super Mario Galaxy 2.  In this video, the intro starts at 0:22, then the loop starts at 0:37, then the loop restarts at 2:03, 3:27, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRRf4WCDUQ

Even in Ocarina of Time, they did the same thing.  So yeah, I think it would be a nice feature.

This is easy to do.

@F0: Put that on the list. It will be "looping with intro" or "looping markers". We'll think of something.

MetalRenard

Quote from: winkio on May 04, 2011, 02:38:51 pm
not really.  If you just want a loop you can simply not use an intro.  It actually gives more freedom, not less.

I'm not talking about the game creator's point of view, I'm talking about the music writer's point of view.