Storymap

Started by winkio, March 08, 2011, 12:48:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

The storymap is a combination of a written plot line for game play and a map that depicts the movement of the characters during the plot line.  Below is my version, so feel free to both comment on it and use it as a reference for your storymap:

Spoiler: ShowHide

The plotline is divided into 3 sections:
Introduction (blue): William starts out in his home kingdom, the port kingdom (top right).  Then he gets kidnapped and taken to the cult hideout in the volcanic region.  There, he meets up with Alice (who is from the Island Kingdom (lower right)).  They escape, stealing some titanium, and start the journey back to William's port kingdom.  They find transportation back to the main continent with a group of traveling bards.  But on the way back to the port kingdom, the bards get attacked by the cult, and Robin is the only survivor.  The trio rushes back to the port, looking for a place to lay low and avoid the cultists.  They are offered assistance by the Wizard Corps, and convince Gerald to accompany them on their quest.

Titanium hunting (green): The party (now at it's full 4) goes on a hunt for titanium heading west, then south along the continent, visiting five corruption zones in the process.  They have numerous face offs with the cult and lots of story development happens.  When they reach the grass kingdom, they tell the royals of the danger of the cult, and join up with a royal expedition force to head to the powerful mining kingdom down south.  After collecting more titanium at corruption zones along the way, they end up at the powerful mining kingdom.  The kingdom agrees to launch an assault on the cult hideout.

The assault (red): The party and an armada of warships sails from the mining colony towards the volcanic region.  They cannot yet make landfall, however, because a powerful sea monster is creating whirlpools that block their progress around the outlying island.  Realizing that the island is a corruption zone, the party goes in alone and ends up killing the monster, gaining more titanium and calming the seas.  Finally the armada makes landfall, unloading a ton of ground troops in the woods right below the volcanic region.  The woods are infested with cultists, but the heroes push through into the volcanic region.  Now the final assault takes place, and the heroes finally enter the cult sanctum at the top of the big volcano.  After winning what seems like a final boss battle, we learn that the high-ranking cultists fled to the arctic region to further their plans.  After getting some left over powder kegs from the fleet, the party ventures up north, alone.  Clearing a path through the icy mountains with the kegs, they find an ancient tribe of people living in the snowy mountain side.  They learn that there is a corruption zone at the northern tip of the continent which is where the seal on the gods is located.  Battling through the last corruption zone, the party confronts the cult leaders as they carry out the final phase of their plan.

Here are the base files needed to create your maps:

You can make up your own linkage of the zones if you want, you don't have to use mine.
Feel free to take a few liberties with the story in order to explain things as needed like I did.

Let's see what we can come up with :)  Try using different starting kingdoms, different orders, etc.

Hatsamu

Maybe I'm just too tired from the long day I'm having and my brain us too lazy for thinking another route but I'd actually say to go with that route and invest time into developing that storymap instead of thinking too many versions of it.

I mean, it fits with the story and it covers all zones. Anyway, if you want to see a few extra options, its fine, but my vote goes on saving time and start working on this one xP

WhiteRose

I think your storymap looks alright; you let out a couple things in your version of the story (William reporting back to the Church with his knowledge of the Cult and being rejected,) but I know you were just going over it briefly to explain your map. I might take a shot at throwing something together later, but yours looks fine.

AliveDrive

Quote from: winkio on March 08, 2011, 12:48:10 am

Ok: Yes.

Just to be clear, yellow lines mean the area is not directly accessible right? As in you must go through the adjacent area?

Looks good to me.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.