Title Graphics

Started by winkio, March 08, 2011, 12:20:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

The title of the game is "Song of Destruction"

Let's see some title screens, logos, banners, and whatever other title graphics you want to come up with!

Shalaren

first as the game logo O: you guys wanna come up with a game symbol or anything?
and as for the font I Searched around and found this one
http://www.dafont.com/ayosmonika.font
its just a suggestion though.

winkio

I like most of the letters, but N G and U look too weird.

WhiteRose

I think the font should be up to whoever draws the title screen.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 08:00:01 pm #4 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:04:36 pm by Shalaren
well I kinda offered my self to that, but if I do I wouldnt wanna use a font that people wouldnt agree with o-o.
also let me try and see how the game title would look in this font.
ill edit in a sec

edit: I take it back O-O the title looks messed up with this font as capital D looks like a combination of d and e.
so umm, what about that?
http://www.dafont.com/fantaisie-artistiqu.font?text=Song+of+Destruction

winkio

I like it NOW POST A REAL LOGO/TITLE :D

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 08:13:54 pm #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:06:42 pm by Shalaren
That is the quickest logo Ive ever made o-o.
anywho back to my older question, you guys wanna come up with a symbol? I could easily draw it. and this way...
Spoiler: ShowHide

This logo wouldnt look so emepty o-o
also i find it wierd that the "O"s have the little dots in them, i mean all of them, so I could take them out and leave only the one in the word "of" in.

also, idk what colors you guys think it should have or how light or dark it should be O:!

if you have a better idea, shoot~

Edit:
Example of how a symbol can be used

EDIT #2:
ok I got a symbol and changed the logo effects. if you dont like the symbol then I guess well use something else.

the reason I used purple is because when I think of magic I allways think of the color purple too o-o.. if u want different colours let me know.

Edit #3:
Waits! I improved it while none of you replies S:

Edit #4:
AND FOR THE MORE MAGICAL CONCEPT!

winkio

I tried some out with a different font and red/black themes:

I also had an idea where it was engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath, but I couldn't figure out how to do it well:

My reaction to Shalaren's stuff:
Not a fan of the spiky symbols but maybe that's just me.  I like the font, but could you try one using all caps as well?  just so we can see what it looks like.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:24:10 pm #8 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:25:54 pm by Shalaren
QuoteI also had an idea where it was engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath

I like that Idea, but the screen would look rather boring as its just a rock.

as for all caps, Imma do it in a sec. also I use a different symbol.

Edit:

winkio

Hm, I liked the lowercase text better.  I love how the outlines are done as well.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:43:43 pm #10 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:48:35 pm by Shalaren
ok so what about it?

or

not much difference S:

Edit:
OR

winkio

:D Love the text.

What if the symbol was of Robin's instrument?  We haven't really decided what that instrument is yet, but a harp or a lute or something like that might be cool.  I'm just trying to think of something that is related to the game.  I guess the main symbols would be: Robin's instrument, Church Symbol, Cult Symbol, and Magic Symbols.  So if you can think of a symbol that is more representative of one of those things, that would be better, in my opinion.

Shalaren

March 08, 2011, 10:55:57 pm #12 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:01:45 pm by Shalaren
yes, it would be alot better, these are just to show that the logo goes good with a symbol.

so what would the symbol be? suggestions please o:

Edit: oh also as for the title screen, It would be good if we had an artist to draw the characters, as we could put them in the background,
alot better, then just putting a random effect as the background.

Quoteharp or a lute or something like that might be cool

is that part of the story yet? I need to be certain what the instrument is.

Hatsamu

I started working on a title screen before this topic had any reply, but I was too busy with many other things at house and my inspiration was cut off xP

I was also planning on creating a logotype based on the three fods and the overgod (something depicting a planet, with three circles conected to it and all them conected to another circle or shape) but I guess that tiredness + an ankle skew due to a wrong parkour trick are not a good combination so I better go get some rest xD

I'm putting here the first thing I did (I really don't like it very much, but it may help to think new ideas, perhaps). Feel free to use it, comment about improving ir or just ignore it  :V:

It obviously needs a "Song of" on it anda I was going to put the game symbol, once created, on it.

Shalaren, if you want to try and make the symbol to gain some time, I'd try an interlaced "SoD" over the symbol I described above. I'm making it tomorrow anyway, if everything goes ok  :P

Kagutsuchi

Just go to bed and let Shalaren handle this

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:38:04 am #15 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:43:46 am by Shalaren
ok so we got these ideas, use this logo with this symbol

but as winkio said, this symbol doesnt really "symbolize" anything from the story.
so another option is use the logo just put a different symbol.
like many games have a sword in their logo, or a shield, so it would actually be nice and use a bard's instrument.

and the last option is
well these

made by Hatsamu

made by winkio

winkio's idea of it engraved into a rock surface with fire/lava underneath.

@Kagutsuchi LOL XD
but we are looking for ideas, no need for his logo's to be perfect, if we choose to use his logo concept, I could design a new logo based on it.

because the logo I made was kinda only MY idea with winkio's choice of size.

Edit:
@Hatsamu
QuoteShalaren, if you want to try and make the symbol to gain some time,

im not sure what you mean by gain some time o-o
if you wanna try making the symbol. go for it.

Blizzard

winkio's idea is good, but that title needs a lot of work. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:50:27 am #17 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:15:48 pm by Shalaren
well yeah but they just made a 2 second example of what their idea is. o:
Edit!: uhh wait.. how does it really have anything to do with the story?
not saying that it doesnt, I just think that by the story it should have a little bit more *magic* then fire and lava.
the game really isnt about that is it? its about gods and magic (Titanium). one of the main characters is a bard,

Edit: heres a quick backgroundd I made, o:

That does not have to be the color! i can change the colors, its an example..

Blizzard

Damm, I like this one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

I second Blizz's opinion; it's definitely a cool looking background for the title screen.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 02:31:20 pm #20 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:35:07 pm by Shalaren
specificly in its current color?
I tried another one with the logo I made.

I personally really like it, but its extremly bright.

P.S: I didnt draw it, its a mix of many pictures and I just put it together.

Edit: imagen the symbol as an instrument as Ill change it when we are certain what the instrument is.

WhiteRose

I think it looks great; I do agree with you, though, that it does seem rather bright. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing - I'm not much of a visual art person.

When we change the symbol to the instrument, maybe we should also throw in a few other "musical" things around it, such as note patterns. I think this would make the title screen tie in a little better with the title itself, though I guess we have to wait and see what it looks like once we implement the instrument as the symbol, though, and go from there.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 02:44:56 pm #22 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:56:57 pm by Shalaren
Quote from: WhiteRose on March 09, 2011, 02:40:54 pm
I think it looks great; I do agree with you, though, that it does seem rather bright. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing - I'm not much of a visual art person.

When we change the symbol to the instrument, maybe we should also throw in a few other "musical" things around it, such as note patterns. I think this would make the title screen tie in a little better with the title itself, though I guess we have to wait and see what it looks like once we implement the instrument as the symbol, though, and go from there.

hmm, I think of maybe not using the instrument as a symbol (I mean one color object)
but to actually put the instrument in the back of the words and just like you said,
and I will put note patterns floating around. so yeah its a great idea.

Kagutsuchi

I think the logo should stand out more, the title screen is too much of a flash feast. Agreeing with WhiteRose that it is too bright.

winkio

I really like where this is going.  I was trying out a more ominous look in my title, just to see how it would look, but Shalaren's definitely fits better with the musical and fantasy themes of the game.  And I'd like to see it with less brightness as well.

Hatsamu

I'm kinda busy for working on something but I still can type down my opinion;

I like that screen, the brightness its not that bad as it fits with fantsay style.

A couple of "magical musical notes" floating over the line of the word "Song" and that instrument placed as a symbol behind the text will make it.

What about addind small faded silhouettes of the four party members walking on that field?

G_G

Lower the brightness of the background and make the logo pop out more, I think it'd look way better :3 nice job btw.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:33:27 pm #27 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:45:34 pm by Shalaren
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on March 09, 2011, 03:13:03 pm
I think the logo should stand out more, the title screen is too much of a flash feast. Agreeing with WhiteRose that it is too bright.

the logo isnt finished as im waiting to know what the instrument is.
just wanna point out that WhiteRose was agreeing with me that it is too bright.. lmfao.

@Hatsamu ill make the notes when I know what the instrument is.

and before I lower the brightness, you guys should consider that as its so bright, it has more of magic and fantasy to it.. Ill make a darker version of it in a sec.

glad you guys like it :)

Edit:
there, I took the brightness away

Edit:
hmm I made the colors a little bit darker

Hatsamu

I'd still go with the original and brigter one, though the last one isn't bad either.

Maybe you could use a quick mask + radial gradient and darken the selection making just the borders grow darker and keep the center more illuminated? (assuming you're working on pshop xP)

AliveDrive

Holy bajeez. These are freakin' great.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

I liked the hues of the bright title screen, but it felt like there was too much pure white/not enough color.  Darkening/reducing contrast didn't really help, but what about shifting color curves in some sections to add more color and less white?

Kagutsuchi

Aha, so they are flowes, not just random glowing orbs :P

Shalaren

first of all idk why would you think these are orbs? they are shaped like flowers..

also, if I add more colors, into where is white, ill ruin it, because that effect besically holds the multiple pictures together, they were bright from the begining even before I touced them, but taking the effect away
will effect the picture comepletly and it just wont have that fantasy feeling to it.
ill try doing it anyway, itll take a while so dont rush :V:

or another option, ill just put together a different background.

winkio

March 18, 2011, 02:16:09 pm #33 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:22:45 pm by winkio
could we get separate images of the text and the background so that we could animate the title scene?

EDIT: also, another image with "Press Start" that we would display somewhere below the title.

AliveDrive

And depending on how hard this would be to animate this would still be awesome.

Have the clouds just slowly drift. Add in a shooting star every once in a while... Yup. That sounds difficult lol.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Hatsamu

I might give that animation a try...

winkio

@Shalaren:
Quote from: winkio on March 18, 2011, 02:16:09 pm
could we get separate images of the text and the background so that we could animate the title scene?

EDIT: also, another image with "Press Start" that we would display somewhere below the title.

@Hatsamu: sounds good, I look forward to seeing it.

Shalaren

umm, Ill get to it today, though Ill probably have to make a new title screen. cause the one I have is to bright.

ok thats the direction of a title that im thinking of, what do you think?

winkio

ooh, very nice!  I'd like to see more color in the sky, maybe add more of a blue tint?  The saturation difference between the grass and the sky just looks really weird right now.  I like the style of the music notes, they look really good, and the symbols as well.  And the grass seems too uniform, perhaps you could add some bushes or flowers or something, idk.  I like it a lot though :)

Shalaren

yeah ill work on the sky, I wanna add stars and stuff, umm as for the grass, ill see what I can do, Ill play around with it.
edit: thats what she said.

winkio

maybe some rocks in the grass?  Like this:

Shalaren

ill see what I can do :B
any suggestions for font?

winkio

I really liked the last font you used.  definitely keep the gold outline, but since the background colors are different, maybe make the body blue/green this time?  or maybe even yellow? idk, you'll figure out something good :)

Shalaren

Sky

Flowers

Yes I know how the look, I tried playing with the colors S:, its just not there.. so I might just go with a rock.

winkio

Desaturate the grass and make it a little darker, and I think it would look a whole lot better.  Also, it's starting to look too jumbled =/

Shalaren

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Shalaren

Shalaren

these are not improvements, as I said im playing around with it to find something good.

winkio

There's just too much.  Try doing it in parts, for example, just do the text and the sky, or just the text and the grass, or just the sky and the symbols and notes, etc.

Shalaren

THERE WINKIO! S: I did what you told me and thats how it looks

winkio

just ditch it then, I guess, and keep working on the new version.

G_G

Remove a lot of the grass and it'll look better.

Shalaren

for the logo, how do you guys like this symbol?

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Shalaren on May 10, 2011, 10:37:05 pm
for the logo, how do you guys like this symbol?

Unless you made that yourself, I do not think so at all. Are you seekra on DA?

(not being a smart-ass, just genuinely asking.)

If it's not yours, make one of your own so it can be original to the game.

Shalaren

I meant the concept or a lyre

winkio

Why not use the one Hatsamu posted?  I like the detail on it.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Shalaren on May 10, 2011, 04:04:30 pm
umm, Ill get to it today, though Ill probably have to make a new title screen. cause the one I have is to bright.

ok thats the direction of a title that im thinking of, what do you think?

I agree with winkio. I really like the style of this one, but the strong saturation difference between the grass and the sky isn't to my taste.

winkio

we talked on IRC earlier and found some good reference images, he said he'll work on a new one with grass/sky tomorrow.

Shalaren

May 11, 2011, 10:08:54 am #59 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:34:50 am by Shalaren

ok worked on the grass, I kinda like it now o:

and an attempt of making a different concept

winkio

It's starting to look much better :)  And all we need at the bottom is 'Press Start', we don't need the three menu commands you have.

Shalaren

improved the grass a little bit

Hatsamu

I like it. But I would like to see another one with the blue-outlined lyre I posted before. too see how it looks like.

^^

Shalaren

mind giving me a link?

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Hatsamu

That one. Maybe you'll need to lower the lyre opacity to 75% or something like that to make it work better with the background. And some music notes like in the other title samples would be nice, I think.

(Of course, this are only suggestions.)