Title Graphics

Started by winkio, March 08, 2011, 12:20:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 02:31:20 pm #20 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:35:07 pm by Shalaren
specificly in its current color?
I tried another one with the logo I made.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I personally really like it, but its extremly bright.

P.S: I didnt draw it, its a mix of many pictures and I just put it together.

Edit: imagen the symbol as an instrument as Ill change it when we are certain what the instrument is.

WhiteRose

I think it looks great; I do agree with you, though, that it does seem rather bright. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing - I'm not much of a visual art person.

When we change the symbol to the instrument, maybe we should also throw in a few other "musical" things around it, such as note patterns. I think this would make the title screen tie in a little better with the title itself, though I guess we have to wait and see what it looks like once we implement the instrument as the symbol, though, and go from there.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 02:44:56 pm #22 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:56:57 pm by Shalaren
Quote from: WhiteRose on March 09, 2011, 02:40:54 pm
I think it looks great; I do agree with you, though, that it does seem rather bright. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a bad thing - I'm not much of a visual art person.

When we change the symbol to the instrument, maybe we should also throw in a few other "musical" things around it, such as note patterns. I think this would make the title screen tie in a little better with the title itself, though I guess we have to wait and see what it looks like once we implement the instrument as the symbol, though, and go from there.

hmm, I think of maybe not using the instrument as a symbol (I mean one color object)
but to actually put the instrument in the back of the words and just like you said,
and I will put note patterns floating around. so yeah its a great idea.

Kagutsuchi

I think the logo should stand out more, the title screen is too much of a flash feast. Agreeing with WhiteRose that it is too bright.

winkio

I really like where this is going.  I was trying out a more ominous look in my title, just to see how it would look, but Shalaren's definitely fits better with the musical and fantasy themes of the game.  And I'd like to see it with less brightness as well.

Hatsamu

I'm kinda busy for working on something but I still can type down my opinion;

I like that screen, the brightness its not that bad as it fits with fantsay style.

A couple of "magical musical notes" floating over the line of the word "Song" and that instrument placed as a symbol behind the text will make it.

What about addind small faded silhouettes of the four party members walking on that field?

G_G

Lower the brightness of the background and make the logo pop out more, I think it'd look way better :3 nice job btw.

Shalaren

March 09, 2011, 07:33:27 pm #27 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:45:34 pm by Shalaren
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on March 09, 2011, 03:13:03 pm
I think the logo should stand out more, the title screen is too much of a flash feast. Agreeing with WhiteRose that it is too bright.

the logo isnt finished as im waiting to know what the instrument is.
just wanna point out that WhiteRose was agreeing with me that it is too bright.. lmfao.

@Hatsamu ill make the notes when I know what the instrument is.

and before I lower the brightness, you guys should consider that as its so bright, it has more of magic and fantasy to it.. Ill make a darker version of it in a sec.

glad you guys like it :)

Edit:
there, I took the brightness away

Edit:
hmm I made the colors a little bit darker

Hatsamu

I'd still go with the original and brigter one, though the last one isn't bad either.

Maybe you could use a quick mask + radial gradient and darken the selection making just the borders grow darker and keep the center more illuminated? (assuming you're working on pshop xP)

AliveDrive

Holy bajeez. These are freakin' great.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

I liked the hues of the bright title screen, but it felt like there was too much pure white/not enough color.  Darkening/reducing contrast didn't really help, but what about shifting color curves in some sections to add more color and less white?

Kagutsuchi

Aha, so they are flowes, not just random glowing orbs :P

Shalaren

first of all idk why would you think these are orbs? they are shaped like flowers..

also, if I add more colors, into where is white, ill ruin it, because that effect besically holds the multiple pictures together, they were bright from the begining even before I touced them, but taking the effect away
will effect the picture comepletly and it just wont have that fantasy feeling to it.
ill try doing it anyway, itll take a while so dont rush :V:

or another option, ill just put together a different background.

winkio

March 18, 2011, 02:16:09 pm #33 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:22:45 pm by winkio
could we get separate images of the text and the background so that we could animate the title scene?

EDIT: also, another image with "Press Start" that we would display somewhere below the title.

AliveDrive

And depending on how hard this would be to animate this would still be awesome.

Have the clouds just slowly drift. Add in a shooting star every once in a while... Yup. That sounds difficult lol.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Hatsamu

I might give that animation a try...

winkio

@Shalaren:
Quote from: winkio on March 18, 2011, 02:16:09 pm
could we get separate images of the text and the background so that we could animate the title scene?

EDIT: also, another image with "Press Start" that we would display somewhere below the title.

@Hatsamu: sounds good, I look forward to seeing it.

Shalaren

umm, Ill get to it today, though Ill probably have to make a new title screen. cause the one I have is to bright.

ok thats the direction of a title that im thinking of, what do you think?

winkio

ooh, very nice!  I'd like to see more color in the sky, maybe add more of a blue tint?  The saturation difference between the grass and the sky just looks really weird right now.  I like the style of the music notes, they look really good, and the symbols as well.  And the grass seems too uniform, perhaps you could add some bushes or flowers or something, idk.  I like it a lot though :)

Shalaren

yeah ill work on the sky, I wanna add stars and stuff, umm as for the grass, ill see what I can do, Ill play around with it.
edit: thats what she said.