Started by The Niche, March 10, 2011, 06:58:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

March 10, 2011, 06:58:17 am Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:24:38 pm by The Niche
NICHE'S CMS
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Menu System

Introduction

Ladies and gentlemen, the Niche market is proud to present the greatest evented menu system ever created, as well as one of the finest menu systems ever created. Ladies and gentlemen of chaos project, since monday I have been labouring to confer upon you this mighty system and now, it has finally arrived.

Features

• Does everything the default menu system does.
  • Can be modified to contain any menu feature you like.
  • Compatible with more or less everything.
  • The demo features a journey into Arshes' mind.

Screenshots

Main menu: ShowHide

Skills: ShowHide

Equipment: ShowHide

Items: ShowHide

Save: ShowHide

Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3u1t5d81hya1q0

Alternative method, in case of mediafail.
I must apologise for the unorthodox delivery method, but school internet and I don't always see eye to eye.

Step 1: Go to gmail.com

Step 2: Sign in with the username eventedmenusystem and the password chaosproject

Step 3: Open the email in the drafts folder and download the file.

Would someone be able to upload this to a file host for me?

Instructions

Basically, you press escape and you are teleported to a room. This is your main menu. By entering one of the various rooms, you can access all the menu's features.

Credits and Thanks

• AliveDrive for creating Chaos Project's very first evented menu system and causing me to decide to do this.
  • Game_Guy for being awesome and making me the only script in the project which allows the saving system to work.
  • Subsonic_Noise for being Subsonic_Noise.
  • Fable 3 for giving me the idea.
  • PHM for ranting about how bad Fable 3 is and in the process giving me a great deal of ideas for, well, not this, but later versions.
  • The Niche for being born and for learning to event.

Author's Notes

This isn't compatible with BlizzABS yet, but I will release a version soon. I can do the AI set up and I think, the hotkeys, however, I still need to figure out how to do the AI triggers, but I'm working on it. Also, please note that if you want to use this menu, IT IS A DESIGN DECISION THAT SHOULD BE MADE BEFORE STARTING THE GAME! I cannot stress the amount of configuration required. In the demo, there are thirty one switches and at least four variables (I made others but didn't use them). Finally, if anyone has any ideas on how to cut down on the amount of configuration, or would like me to add features to this, please ask.

Edit: Just thought I'd say, this isn't the best I could do. But I promised Stripe103 I could do it without any custom graphics.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

The Niche

*Double posts because he's a bastard and doesn't like the "Last post" thing proclaiming that this should be disregarded.*

WhiteRose

The university won't let me upload anything right now, but I'll be home later this weekend, so I can upload a mirror for you then.

The Niche