Documentation

Started by Blizzard, March 10, 2011, 02:20:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Should we add documentation right away? If we do it now, it won't be a bother to do it later one day. I think that we should do it at least with finished classes and after heavy rewrite and refactoring of classes.
If you agree with this, I will document the first few classes and you can follow that example from then on.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

are you talking about commenting the classes? I'm fine with that. I tend to write documentation for code as I go anyway.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I wouldn't have any problem with it either. I think it will help save time later, as well. In my experience, its best to do this as you write the code and everything is fresh in your mind.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

March 10, 2011, 04:46:10 pm #3 Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:27:45 am by Blizzard
Alright, I have documented the 5 classes that have been written so far.

EDIT: I have noticed that some of you write // instead of ///. That won't work. // is a comment while /// is a documentation string.

EDIT: Also, documentation only goes into headers. No need to put anything into source files.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.