Self-Help Stuff

Started by Blizzard, March 11, 2011, 02:25:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Who'd be up for me putting up a few topics about self-help, facing fears, building some self-esteem and proper confidence and stuff like that? I have the feeling that it would do well some of you guys.

EDIT: I am He-Man after all. :V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

AliveDrive

Weeeell...

:rite: Girls.

Since the vast majority of CP users are male/in school, I felt this to be a seemly topic.

They are more scared of you than you are of them. So if you see one you like. Go talk to it.

Since girls don't have any balls, they don't typically make the first move. So here's a (vague) list of (mostly plausible) ideas:

• Introduce yourself.

• Tell a joke.

• Include them in things.

• Don't be a huge D-bag, except if you're target is a party-girl, they tend to prefer that.

• Don't stare at their bodies, except their eyes, they tend to prefer that.

:rite: A**holes and parties.

Modern statistics indicate that the world is 99.9% (approx.) A**holes. This means that when you do venture outdoors, you are likely to encounter one.

I won't tell you how to identify an A**hole because most A**holes will clearly announce their arrival to any establishment.

Instead, we will be covering how to avoid being a target.

• Don't engage it. A**holes are really just attention whores and if you ignore it, it may go away on its own.

• Should it try to engage you, make it clear that aren't going to invite it to your party.

• Throw parties and don't invite any A**holes, they just break things and puke everywhere anyways.

• For said party, invite the aforementioned female you spoke to earlier.

• Make sure you have 1 or more of the following: a pool, Guitar Hero, girls, DDR, dirtbikes, pizza, those red SOLO cups, spiced rum.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Blizzard

Lol, I was more thinking of a thread for general help. Being able to get girls is not the goal but a side effect. You could say that when you become an awesome person, girls are your reward for becoming an awesome person. xD

Anyway, I still don't see much feedback here. Are you guys interested or not?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I'm still trying grasp the concept of this topic.

Blizzard

March 11, 2011, 11:56:10 am #5 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:58:02 am by Blizzard
Ok, let me put it this way:

Sick of having a specific fear? Don't want to put up with annoying people anymore? You wish more girls/guys would like you more? Had enough of being other people's doormat? Want to improve your life in ways beyond comprehension? Do you strive to be the person you are supposed to be? THEN BUY MY NEW BOOK FOR $399 AND ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WITH JUST GO AWAY WITHOUT YOU DOING ANYTHING! Except that there is no book, everything I post is free of charge and you have to work your ass off to become awesome. Nothing will happen if you just stay sitting and read books about it. It's hard, it's fucking hard and it takes a shitload of time and nerves. But it's worth it tenfold. I can give you only directions, I can't do your work. It depends ultimately on you, but stuff like this takes decades, even lifetimes. If you have at least somebody pointing you in the right direction, it's a huge help and can cut down the time required to just a few years. Imagine that in 2-3 years you can be a really great person.

RoseSkye

I'm a cocky guy... but if I were to compare my ego to Blizz's it'd be like comparing the Sun to VY Canis Majoris.

Blizzard

March 11, 2011, 12:12:19 pm #7 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:13:53 pm by Blizzard
Spoiler: ShowHide

So you just understand the vast and immense comparison of our egos. Obviously my ego can keep you warm for 100 billion years.

G_G

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

He IS legendary after all.

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Blizzard, I honestly think it's a great idea. It's just that you should expect a lot of flaming in any topics you make about it. Other than that, yeah. It'd be nice to learn from the master. Which I've been doing for the past couple of months anyway, but still.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Yeah, Sub's gonna run wild in those topics. :V

The Niche

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say it'll be people getting emotional.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: The Niche on March 13, 2011, 03:41:09 pm
Blizzard, I honestly think it's a great idea. It's just that you should expect a lot of flaming in any topics you make about it. Other than that, yeah. It'd be nice to learn from the master. Which I've been doing for the past couple of months anyway, but still.

>insinuating everyone who posts in a self-help topic is a douche.

Subsonic_Noise

I already am great enough of a person (though I'm improving constantly) so no thanks, but I guess some other people might appreciate it.

Blizzard

Cool story, bro. Good for you. I, on the other side, want to share what I have learned with others so that they can improve. I see myself as an ok guy, but I know that I can become better. Each time I get to a new level, I realize there is another level above that and I start striving towards that. Becoming a great person is a constant process that will go on your whole life.

Subsonic_Noise

Of course, you can always improve. It would be boring otherwise, wouldn't it?

Blizzard