The reason why this forum is named Chaos Project

Started by Blizzard, January 07, 2008, 07:41:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

QuoteIn April 2006 a community project called Chaos Project - The Three Moons™ was started by several forum members on rmrk.net with a member called Blizzard as unofficial project leader. Because the only administrator Crankeye back then didn't want to make a special hidden forum section for the members of the development team, a new IF forum was made with the name Chaos-RPG Development by the member called Dart (aka Sha aka Adam) and made the project leader Blizzard administrator as well. Soon Dart started acting too much on his own and coming up with decisions without consulting other team members or at least Blizzard, the actual project leader. He would recruit team members and change the organization of the forum on his own.

Just a couple of days after that it was discovered that Dart himself tried to steal not only CP - TTM™, but also Blizzard's Chaos Project (which was renamed to Chaos Project - Nemesis' Wrath™ to prevent confusion of those two projects). Due to some lucky coincidence Dart mixed up those projects somehow and it was possible to discover him as the thief he was. Blizzard had to make a quick decision, since this also involved his own project on which he is working alone. If he would have just kicked out Dart of the team, Dart could have taken revenge, since he was the root administrator and delete all the team's efforts within the discussion topics. Blizzard made a new IF forum called Chaos Project. Since he had no time to think to much about a name, he named it after the project itself. Since he was an administrator, he was able quickly transfer the most vital post data to CP. Dart was expelled from the forum and development team.

The project development continued "normally" while Dart tried to start his own. Later there were various dramas about Dart even stealing the skin from Chaos Project. Blizzard deleted the hotlinked pictures and messed up the look of Chaos-RPG Development.

What happened to Dart's project is commonly unknown, but it is rumored that it is going very slow in development. There were even reports that the infamous "Scripting Archangel" SephirothSpawn was administrator for a while or even still is administrator at Dart's new forum.

In the end of November 2006 Chaos Project - The Three Moons™ was canceled due to lack of progress. The main reason was that the team had about ten mappers, though no maps were made during half a year of development time. Blizzard himself stated:
Quote from: Blizzard
The game has been canceled. I have done a terrible mistake by thinking under-aged kids would take it serious and take it to the end, but I was wrong. Even when I said it will be commercial and they could earn some money, the situation didn't change. I can't do everything by myself. Note that I mention here the kids and it is their fault, since there were a few mature members in the team who were actually doing something. I am glad these people were taking this actually seriously and put some effort into it and I apologize for taking these people's time for a project that was actually determined to fail from the beginning on.

All in all: The game was canceled, because of many of the members were not doing anything, they lost interest and they were undetermined.
At least I have learned something out of it: NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CHILDREN! =P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

QuoteAt least I have learned something out of it: NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CHILDREN! =P

I forgot to mention in the old forum:
friggin lol!

rolf!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

Sally

magic2345

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Nortos

well in my country lots of pple cool 16 a kid...or "teenager" as I would describe

Blizzard

My sister is 17 and she's cool. same goes for her friends. All I said is that they were not dedicated, doesn't mean it's not fun to hang around with them. >_>
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

:P I know and yeah I agree with u would of annoyed me

Chaze007

hey i started this stuff when i was 11, im 14 now...but i can do a lotta things ..
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Tazero

@:Fantasist

BWAH HAHAHAHA I resent being called kid
[-0>0] I'm 13 but dang no good come back.....:(

If you were a fish...

Fantasist

Quote from: magic2345 on January 10, 2008, 07:56:32 am
I am  :D and proud to be one.

That should be the spirit, sorry if I ofended you in any way :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

SquareMan

Thats quite a story, it sounds like the main plot for a video game.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Vaelen

interesting story :) and yes.. never depend on kids or teenagers.

But that could also happen with adults..  my first rmxp project (2005) starts really good.. after one week over 50 maps... at my last vacation week I was abroad.. and scripted every night (I hadn't internet) when I come back I got only 5 maps and they play silkroad  :facepalm:..  never touched rmxp again until last week..

I hope this time my dev-team will keep to the end.. I'm positive minded, because some of them already play WoW.. and the other ones hate it.. so nothing can go wrong  :^_^':
thx blizz for the great work (I don't have to do) ;)
RMX-OS gonna be legen.... wait-for-it... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqf1BmN4Dag

Vell

I miss Tazero.

Does he still hang around? ;-; Sadface.