ATTN Windows 7 Users - Are you having problems with TLoL IV?

Started by GAX, March 20, 2011, 12:06:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Alright, Blizzard is well aware of this and I've been kinda quiet about it for a while.  Though I haven't played recently I wanted to start playing again and when I first wanted to start playing on my laptop, it decided "FUCK YOU" and crashes when it tries to cache through the temp folder or something.  I dunno.

Anyways, I just wanna see if anyone else is having a technical problem LOADING the game itself.  Not in game stuff but a problem that prevents the game from loading at all.  If you do, please post a screenshot here with the error code.

~GAX

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

ForeverZer0

Have you tried running it as admin?
With all the UAC shit in since Vista, it may be something to do with permissions accessing the files, and crashing because of it.  I ran into this problem when setting up PCSX2 just yesterday when changing the settings. Although it was invoked using my username, who is the admin, it still failed when attempting to modify the settings, which were stored with the installation folder in Program Files. Very strange, but once I changed the folder to save in my Documents directory, everything worked fine. I think if it is trying to make a change that would normally open a UAC prompt, it will fail, even if the current user has permission.

Either way, I just ran TLoL with a fresh install using the default settings just fine. : Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I installed LL4 at work and I had no problems whatsoever. ._. Try turning off UAC.
I remember you having the same problem earlier. I definitely fixed the typo in the path in v1.2, so I don't know what's causing you trouble.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

Holyrapid

GAX

I'll play with it a little more, I remember I had to keep UAC on in order to use Unity for class.  I can't really do much from that.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.