Imageshack failing twice as hard

Started by Blizzard, March 21, 2011, 04:59:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I don't know if you use Imageshack often, but I noticed recently that they require you to register if you want the direct link to your uploaded image. Personally, what I liked most about Imageshack was the fact that I didn't have to register. Easy enough I know a workaround for that problem and I figured since I'm not the only one using it, it could be useful for you guys as well. You can get the direct link easily by just viewing the source of the site. I don't know which browsers you are using, but in Opera you just have to hit CTRL+U. Hit CTRL+F after that and search for "direct link". It will lead you to where the image link is. Here's an example:

Spoiler: ShowHide
<div class="listbox">
                <label><a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default;">Direct Link<span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a></label>
                <a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default"><input wrap="off" disabled="disabled" onmousedown="return false;" onselectstart="return false;" onClick="return false;" onDoubleClick="return false;" readonly="readonly" class="readonly" value="http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/8729/snap667.png" /><span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a>
            </div>
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Blizzard you slippery villain you!

Alternatively, if you're lazy, you can just use tinypic.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Nice.

Fun glitch in opera. Select the text in a spoiler, close the spoiler, open it back up. Everythings still highlighted however clicking doesn't de-select it.

Kagutsuchi

imageshack was always my favorite site as well for those exact reasons. But when you have to open the imageshack images with the imageshack-interface thing imageshack is so slow! It is fucking evil! I hate them now, hope they burn in inefficient coding hell.

Starrodkirby86

For me, since Imageshack didn't really block out the direct link in IMG and HTML alt codes alike, I just copied that one out, pasted it in the address bar, and then extracted out the direct image link from there.

Alternatively, you can just upload multiple images in one upload. That way you'll get a codebox with all the direct links to those images --- no registration required.

Hilarious, right?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).