Current Development Build

Started by Blizzard, March 24, 2011, 04:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

The difference is that Viewport works and a lot of the Sprite features have been implemented such as angle, ox, oy, etc. including other systematic things like increased stability, etc. There's won't be much different stuff to see until we implement Window and Tilemap. As soon as I implement the basics of Plane, I will put up another build since this one will be a quite different visual as well.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

There it is. v0.4.6 has the basic Plane features implemented.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

*double posts*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is! ARC v0.7.0, a functional RMXP clone. There are obviously still things left to do.

• Due to the fact that the Win32API module is not yet working, Blizz-ABS cannot be run with the custom input module. This version of CoSLAL uses the default scripts and technically you can't really play the game. But all dialogues work fine.

• Currently only .ogg files can be played.

• Due to the fact of a different font rendering system, ARC's font renderer needs additional files right now and it is significantly slower than RMXP's. You will notice a short moment of lag before the text in a message box appears. I have optimized it as much as I could, but until Atres (our font renderer) has been revamped by Cateia (most probably again by me xD), we won't be able to have much better performance than now.

• Autotiles don't work.

• While in the debug build my FPS limiter worked fine for the limitation to 40 FPS, it seems that in this release build the FPS are at 60 regardless.

I'm sure there are other minor things that I have forgotten to mention. Don't worry about them, everything will be fixed and working properly for version 1.0.

G_G

Letting people know that they need thte Microsoft C++ 2010 Redist. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyID=bd512d9e-43c8-4655-81bf-9350143d5867&displaylang=en

If you get the error "MSVCP100.dll" missing thats because the redist needs to be installed.

Blizzard

Right. ._.
It might be a good idea to build the final releases with VS2008. I think that Windows 7 has those redists by default, but I am not sure. Can anybody confirm this?

legacyblade

I installed the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redist provided above, but I'm still getting the MSVCP100.dll missing error. And yes. I've already restarted my machine. Any idea what's causing the problem?

G_G

So I'm on granny's computer and now "MSVCR100.dll" is missing. @___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________@

Blizzard

Not sure. I think there is a difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit redist. Make sure you have the 32 bit because ARC was compiled for 32 bit machines.

G_G

April 25, 2011, 03:28:05 pm #29 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:32:31 pm by game_guy
That worked. LOLS Menu isn't completely functional. Can't go up and down very well, controls is super sized in the items menu. xD

Though its coming along great anyways.

EDIT: Movement of the player is so smooth. <3 60 FPS is way better then 40.

Blizzard

Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention. I have compiled it so Input.repeat? works like Input.pressed?. I probably should have gone with Input.trigger?. >.<

G_G

Yea. xD No worries, repeat will get done eventually.

Ryex

oh wow, it feels so... SMOOTH! even VX which runs at 60FPS doesn't feel this smooth.  also, while I noticed that the text rendering was a bit messed up I never noticed any lag around it...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

I just gave it a try, and everything is running very well, aside from the aforementioned bugs. I didn't even notice the slower font rendering until you mentioned it, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem. This is fantastic, everyone. Great job so far!

legacyblade

It's working. The only errors I'm getting are as follows:

• The only time I hear background music is when I'm in the jail. At the titlescreen, and once I leave, there is none.

• The screen goes black whenever a sprite or picture disappears

• Where there should be autotiles, there is simply blackness.

Blizzard

No, it's whenever a transition occurs that the screen goes black. xD I disabled any display and just left a black screen.
And there are some more places where .ogg music is used. Also, all sound effects are .ogg.

ForeverZer0

I think everyone should stand up and give Blizz a round of applause just for his sheer sexiness.

* stands and claps *
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

*stand to give an ovation, making this a internet version of a standing ovation*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

nathmatt

yes seems to run smoother and i never got the missing dll might be because i have c# visual studios 2010
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ForeverZer0

The C# Redistributable is unrelated. You likely picked up the C++ one in from another program. It's a pretty common dependency.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.