Current Development Build

Started by Blizzard, March 24, 2011, 04:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Has anyone tried any fights using the default battle system to see if they run properly?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

schmoggi

Wuhuu, i tried it and it is very nice! Running very smoothly! First it was a bit strange and i had first to get used to that smoothness  :D! What a big difference to the 40 FPS XP Performance, guess i will need some time for that haha xD. Great Job!

greetz

Blizzard

May 14, 2011, 12:08:16 pm #43 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:11:59 am by Scorpion
I have uploaded v0.7.1.235. This one can handle Win32API and has some other stuff minor fixed as well. That also means that you can actually play CoSLAL (if you ignore that weird bug where sprites aren't drawn for some reason when the bitmap changes).

EDIT: I have implemented autotiles and animated autotiles, but I am not going to make a new build for this one. I still want to optimize the Tilemap, there's a certain degree of lag that can be removed with a little bit of intelligent design.

EDIT: I have added v0.7.5.248. This is the alpha version of the ARC engine.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

It'd be more appropriate if you changed the "Main Engine" credit.

EDIT: And not sure if we should keep it this way but it seems the window updates when inactive.

Blizzard

I know. We're not going to keep this.

PhoenixFire

*deposits my two cents*

Well, so far, it's looking awesome... Wait, no, not awesome.. Dare I say.. Legendary even??
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

It's not that special. It's just RMXP after all. But the full engine WILL be legendary. >:3

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Scorpion on May 19, 2011, 11:47:42 am
But the full engine WILL be legendary. >:3

Yesh, and that's what I was referring to lolz..  :^_^':
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

DarknessSurrounds

So if I understand properly, the ARC editor will come out at (hopefully) the end of June, and this will just allow you to convert your RMXP project to your format and continue working.  But the full engine will not be out until later.  When do you expect a full release?

Blizzard

It's hard to say. We need to interface the whole underlying GUI library including lots of additional stuff. We need write all the new scripts and we need to make an example game using all of this stuff to make sure everything works fine. I think the full engine shouldn't be expected before the end of the year. But in the end it's hard to tell, because it depends on how much time each of will have,

Memor-X

would the new encryption system be done cause i would use ARC right off just to convert my project then compile/encrypt it

Blizzard

ARC Dev Release Build 0.7.6.259

It has more stuff fixed and more stuff working (such as transitions). This release can run on virgin installations of Windows (XP Vista and 7 work for sure) without anything else installed. That means that you won't get the same crash problems that you used to.

DarknessSurrounds

So it's coming up on the end of the month...  What's the status guys, are we all going to see a release here in a few days?  8)

winkio

G_G

Quote from: Eclipse on June 29, 2011, 05:45:17 pm
So it's coming up on the end of the month...  What's the status guys, are we all going to see a release here in a few days?  8)

Don't hold your breath. Due to a few us of slacking big time the editor will be awhile still. I don't know how far along the engine is, that should be ready to be released soon.

winkio

g_g you gotta put da team on yo back do.

Blizzard

The engine just needs to have a reworked texture update and the font handling has to be changed in the underlying library. There is some small misc stuff to do, but as long as the editor doesn't get done, this doesn't mean much.

DarknessSurrounds

Oh so there's still a lot of work that needs to be done on the editor?  From reading the forum it seems like you guys have a good majority of the core tasks done.  Sorry to hear it's not coming along as swimmingly as you first thought.  What still needs to be done?

Blizzard

You'll have to talk to Ryex about that. I am not sure, but I think at one point he mentioned something about it being 40% done. But I think the editor is now over 60% done. Again, you'd have to talk to Ryex about that.
The engine can be considered 80%-85% done.

Development actually was coming along very well. We just haven't worked much during June. We all pretty much got caught up in some personal stuff. :/