Current Development Build

Started by Blizzard, March 24, 2011, 04:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Agckuu Coceg

I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Blizzard

I can't seem to figure out what's happening. It runs fine on a developer machine, but it won't run anywhere else. I'll take a look at that later.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

December 08, 2011, 04:20:13 am #103 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:22:27 am by Memor-X
Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on November 23, 2011, 06:06:24 am
Quote from: Blizzard on November 19, 2011, 08:06:26 am
ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.4.513

Error with code converter.

Quote from: Blizzard on November 23, 2011, 08:56:02 am
I can't seem to figure out what's happening. It runs fine on a developer machine, but it won't run anywhere else. I'll take a look at that later.

mine runs fine, my computer is 64bit Windows 7 home premium with a Intel Core i5 3.20 GHZ overclocked to 4.20GHz and last i checked i'm not working on this so my machine isn't a developer machine

might be an OS problem or CPU problem
maybe, and this is a long shot, depending on where you compiled the .exe or .dll, it could be an error made by the assembly, last semester at my uni, we was doing an assignment with OpenGL and was given a .dll used for importing motion capture data, the same .dll used in previous years, however we had problems with it, contently spitting out errors and my lecture found out Visual Studio was making an error when it compiled the .h and .cpp files, in the end we was given these files and it all worked

Blizzard

December 08, 2011, 05:21:37 am #104 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:22:39 am by Blizzard
I know that there can be certain problems, but it used to work normally. :/
I compiled it on a Windows 7 64bit machine and when I test it in a 32 bit Windows XP virtual machine, it doesn't work either. I really have no idea what's happening since I am compiling it for 32 bit architecture. :/

Memor-X

Quote from: Blizzard on December 08, 2011, 05:21:37 am
I know that there can be certain problems, but it used to work normally. :/
I compiled it on a Windows 7 64bit machine and when I test it in a 32 bit Windows XP virtual machine, it doesn't work either. I really have no idea what's happening since I am compiling it for 32 bit architecture. :/

the virtual machine is on the 64 bit machine? if so, that could be the problem, maybe try and compile it on a 32 bit machine and then test it on a 64 bit (not a virtual machine, an actual 32 bit computer), i have heard there can be problems when working on a 64 bit machine when trying to build 32 bit compatible applications, ofcause those problems relate to visual studio because Microsoft want those errors to remain so people all upgrade to 64bit

Blizzard

But it used to work. Nothing significant has changed since the last dev build.
Also, I am not compiling a 64 bit application with 32 bit support, I am compiling an actual 32 bit application.

Memor-X

is the software your using to compile been updated automatically, some of the Unity Demos including the Island demo no longer work with the new version of Unity because when you update the projects, Unity adds another line of code in a script or two which causes the error, maybe a new line of code is added without your knowledge because of an update

also, just read my previous post, wrong choice of words, what i mean is when you got to make a 32 bit app on a 64 bit machine, there may be something that a 64 bit machine does when compiling 32 bit apps, after all, these has to be a reason as to why some programs like iTunes and Switch have 32 bit installers but if you try and install them on a 64 bit machine they reject you telling you that you need to get a 64 bit installer (understandable with iTunes but Switch is a MIDI -> MP3 converter and wasn't made by some big group like Apple)

Blizzard

A 32 bit compiler is the same on a 32 bit machine and a 64 bit machine. There is no difference between them, it's still the same 32 bit compiler and output the same identical .exe and .dll files.

Blizzard

December 17, 2011, 04:13:34 pm #109 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:14:45 pm by Blizzard
ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.4.613

I have actually found the problem, but it really doesn't make any sense. This build was built using the "previous method" of building so it works on all machines properly.

Blizzard

December 18, 2011, 05:40:31 am #110 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:45:39 am by Blizzard
:mega facepalm:
I found out why it didn't work. The Microsoft.VC90.CRT was missing the manifest file. I wasted yesterday the whole day and today's morning to figure out a simplistic stupid mistake like this. I think this must be THE stupidest mistake that I took THE longest to figure out in my entire career as a programmer so far. I've even checked the folder multiple times to see if all DLLs were there. And yes, they were there, but I never noticed the missing manifest file.

Also, here is the Legacy configuration build. It uses a few less libraries since the RGSS portion never needed them in the first place.

ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.4.614

Agckuu Coceg

Many errors with disposes of sprites on the start after the intro... But it works. IT WORKS.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Blizzard

December 20, 2011, 04:26:40 pm #112 Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:27:07 am by Blizzard
I guess I still haven't fixed that part properly. ._.

EDIT: Fixed it.

ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.4.620

Also, this version has been compiled with VS 2008 instead of VS 2010. Since there are libraries that have been previously compiled with VS 2008 and we can't recompile them with VS 2010 right now, the first release of ARC will be compiled with VS 2008.

zenvirzan

Just tested the new build out.
The maps have been raped xD. Theres something going wrong there. The events and tiles are in the wrong places, and I spawned in a wall and cant move. . . . That's not part of the demo, is it?
And I don't think the fullscreen works either.

Blizzard

January 02, 2012, 05:10:00 am #114 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:11:20 am by Blizzard
Which build did you try? If you tried older builds, obviously those were incomplete. The newest one is 9.4.0.620.
Fullscreen SWITCHING does not work. Fullscreen works just fine. Open the arc.cfg file and change the fullscreen option to true and you'll see.
We are about to refactor the underlying library APRIL at Cateia till the end of the month probably so I will include in the system that you can initialize a window with fullscreen switching capability and then ALT+ENTER and the fullscreen switch script will work.

G_G

Blizzard I can account for what he explained. I ran the build on my grandma's computer. The entire intro map is messed up and spawned Sir Lag-a-Lot in a wall. Not sure if its the engine or if the map data got screwed up. Here's a screenshot. And yes I grabbed the latest build.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

That's some weird shit going on. O_o
Did any of you change the arc.cfg file or does this happen as soon as you start the game without doing anything? Do the graphics affect gameplay as well? Try taking the map files from the build before (all MapXXX.arc files, MapInfos.arc and Map_Data.abs). Tell me your findings.

G_G

The data's just screwed up. I used data files from an older build and it worked just fine.

zenvirzan

Yeah, thats what I had.
Just a data thing, I guess

Blizzard

January 03, 2012, 04:38:34 am #119 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:47:45 am by Blizzard
Thanks. I'll make sure to fix that.

EDIT: I have uploaded a version with fixed data. IDK how, but it got corrupted somehow. O_o Even the data directly from the SVN works just fine.