Current Development Build

Started by Blizzard, March 24, 2011, 04:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

This has been a truly odd occurrence brought to you by your daily dose of Chaos!  ;)

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

When will the editor be out for beta testing? :D

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

Ryex and F0 are currently busy with some things so they don't have much time left to work on the editor.

Technically this development build doesn't offer anything different than the previous one either. Only the underlying libraries have been changed and improved. e.g. now April properly loads PNG files again that are not using RGB or RGBA colors, Atres has been heavily optimized for text rendering, XAL has been made more thread-safe, hltypes has many components that have been improved for better performance, etc. Since I work with these libraries on a daily basis at Cateia, it's natural that they get better with time. So the longer ARC actually takes, the better the engine will work when it's finally done.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AliveDrive

No rush.

Things this epic take time.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Blizzard

April 25, 2012, 03:10:24 pm #127 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:11:41 pm by Blizzard
Thing is that it could have been done much, much earlier. We all just have other things to do as well. e.g. now I'm busy with that side project of mine. But this shouldn't take more than 2 months until Gold Master, maybe even one month, depending on how quickly the graphics guy will have the basic GUI elements for me. I might even be able to squeeze in a few days to work on ARC to finished some stuff that I've been putting off for ages.

DarknessSurrounds

Just checking status, are you still planning on releasing the engine and the editor concurrently?

Blizzard

Actually, now that you say it... O_o I guess the engine could be pre-released earlier. If nothing else, at least for some beta testing.

Ryex

It's not like the project converter doesn't work. we could release it and do some beta testing by letting people run their games under the engine
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Yeah, I'd just have to finish and implement the last few things (e.g. MIDI). And obviously there would be no proper game encryption yet.

DarknessSurrounds

I think that would be a great idea!  I'd most definitely be interested in beta testing the engine.

I could play through a few RMXP games that I've been meaning to finish, as well as test my own game.  It's more of a tech demo at the moment, with the basic systems mostly implemented: CBS, CMS, and a map system with platforming elements that dynamically spawns tons of events.  Needless to say the RMXP interpreter gets destroyed by it and frequently locks up or crashes, and the VX interpreter doesn't fare too much better.  I'm interested to see how ARC will handle it.

Blizzard

May 11, 2012, 03:51:38 pm #133 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:39:02 pm by Blizzard
That should be easy enough to check. All you need is the development build and the project converter. If I remember right, Ryex already finished it and you just need to ask him. Other than that you will need the Graphics/Fonts folder and the files Data/RMXP.rb and Data/System.rb. If Ryex's converter doesn't take care of that already that is.

EDIT: ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.6.642

I fixed some input related things. While Blizz-ABS/Tons' Input module still works like before, ARC's RGSS Input module now works much more like RMXP's RGSS Input module (when Blizz-ABS/Tons have been removed that is).

EDIT: ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.7.644

Finished all things related to font handling. Now ARC can be used just like RMXP in that manner and doesn't require local fonts of fonts definitions (even though I will add optional usage of local only fonts that don't have to be installed).
That also means that the Graphics/Fonts folder is not necessary anymore.

EDIT: ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.8.652

This CoSLAL version will be available as download along with the ARC Legacy Edition Beta. Also, sorry about the loud converted MIDIs. I didn't readjust the volumes in the game afterwards.

Memor-X

is it just me or does the text in the message window look....weird, like what happened 4 - 6 years ago when you tried to display a partial transparent image in IE (I was testing in both IE and Firefox like a good web designer.....shut up!) and the parts that should be partially transparent either show up without the transparency or not show up at all, my guess is maybe the shaded text addon in Tons, quite sure there was a shadow under the text in CoSLA

Blizzard

May 19, 2012, 01:21:03 am #135 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:01:02 am by Blizzard
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you make a screenshot?

EDIT: ARC Dev Release Build 0.9.8.666

This is the unofficial beta dev build. I am going to proper topic though.

darkhog

Could you add also editor test builds? I don't care if they'll be useless or not, I just want to play around with editor, even if it'll crash every 5 minutes. Also more testers==faster bug hunt.

Blizzard

June 29, 2012, 02:15:35 am #137 Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:27:29 am by Blizzard
You can ask Ryex about that. He's in charge of the editor.

EDIT: He's in IRC right now, I'll let him know.

VanillaSky

I tried to convert my XP project, but the converter froze several times for me  :<_<:

Blizzard