Duke Nukem Forever

Started by Blizzard, March 25, 2011, 07:07:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Delayed, again. New release date is June 10th apparently.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Release-Delayed-Launch-Date,news-10584.html

I lol'd at that video there, though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Holyrapid

March 26, 2011, 08:14:19 am #1 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:16:01 am by DesPKP
The guy sounds overly excited...
Like i said at RMF about DNF, I'll believe it when i see it. Meaning i won't believe it will get out until it does.
Also, if it's published for PC's (why wouldn't it be) if my computer is powerful enough, i'm grabbing it.

Also, i couldn't help but to laugh at the last bit of text. :D

G_G

Wow of course. Date gets pushed to June instead of May. This is gonna take forever.....

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

Ohh I see what you did there :evil:

G_G

The Niche

I don't trust games that keep their release dates. Especially not after Fable 3.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Starrodkirby86

March 26, 2011, 09:42:34 pm #7 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:44:38 pm by Starrodkirby86
Keeping the tradition alive, just like always ~

When I originally heard the news, it did actually feel good to see Duke Nukem actually get a release date, but this kind of gives some cynicism with the delay.

His enthusiasm... xD It almost seems to tread on lunacy. :v Wow. But it makes the final message of it all the more, uh, successful. :p June's coming close by, so we'll just see what happens. :U

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

Some people say this 'delay' was planned as a publicity stunt and that the game was always planned to be released in June.

Blizzard

Not impossible. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. It IS kind of suspicious that it's been delayed only for one month. With such a huge project a one-month delay is not really something that would happen by accident. Delays are usually several months, even half a year and not one month.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on March 29, 2011, 02:26:57 am
Not impossible. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. It IS kind of suspicious that it's been delayed only for one month. With such a huge project a one-month delay is not really something that would happen by accident. Delays are usually several months, even half a year and not one month.

Just because it usually is does not rule out the possibility of things being so.

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

tSwitch

I am not excited about this release at all.

I've read some sneak peaks, it seems like it's going to be a disappointment even if they do release it.
Like the Brett Favre of games.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

I don't think it's going to be a bad game, but there's no way it will live up to the hype. I'm not really excited about it and I actually haven't played the old Duke Nukem games. I guess I might be one of the few people who will actually enjoy this game if it's good enough.

G_G

And the only reason to that is the 14 years of development they put into it. As games and technology advances, they really don't. I have the feeling I'm going to be very disappointed with this game.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: game_guy on March 31, 2011, 08:32:16 am
And the only reason to that is the 14 years of development they put into it. As games and technology advances, they really don't. I have the feeling I'm going to be very disappointed with this game.

14 years of development my ass. They have stopped working on it for a big chunk of time because of some events out if their control, so do not put it like that.