RGSS Questions and Answers

Started by Blizzard, March 26, 2011, 10:02:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

wow, this will probably help us a lot! thanks for that Metalero!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

November 16, 2011, 02:40:53 pm #21 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:43:56 pm by Blizzard
You probably just saved me an hour of work or so. xD

EDIT: I just looked at the code and I can see that there is some RGB-HSL conversion going on. I was already expecting something like this because of the saturation effect that the gray parameter has. Now I don't have to experiment with the formula and compare the results with RMXP.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

What is the proper formula for the calculation of the new color value when using Bitmap#blt when any kind of opacity or alpha blending is involved?

Since we' switching to pixel shaders for some of the things, we can actually emulate RMXP's Bitmap#blt if we have the formula.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

I have one that I require answered quickly.

What does Graphics#frame_reset do?

Ryex

May 14, 2012, 05:53:26 pm #24 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:01:08 pm by Ryex
I have no idea, nor do I have any idea how to test it...

the help file says

QuoteResets the screen refresh timing. After a time-consuming process, call this method to prevent extreme frame skips.

I'm not sure what that means. or how a function could prevent frame skips
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Likely need to force the game to lag while keeping an eye on the frame count.
I imagine its a worthless method without function. It would keep in style with Enterbrain.

I'll test a bit and see if I can figure something out.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

It's possible that Graphics#update doesn't do frame syncing after Graphics#freeze has been called since there is no rendering going on anyway. ARC always does frame syncing so Graphics#frame_reset probably becomes useless.