[Finished] [RGSS] RGSS::Window and WindowX System

Started by Blizzard, March 26, 2011, 10:13:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 26, 2011, 10:13:23 am Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:26:01 am by Blizzard
RGSS::Window and WindowX System

Description

RGSS::Window will be one of the trickier RGSS classes because it has a lot of functionality. I have recently written a Window system for RMXP that is smarter and better than the default system while still maintaining similar functionalities. I just dubbed it WindowX System. I have added those scripts to the SVN repository. Now, the point is not to implement the WindowX system but the implementation of CursorX and WindowX. Take a look at the scripts and learn what is going on. Implement the RGSS default window's functionality in our RGSS::Window class then.

Priority

Medium.

Prerequisites

None.

Assigned

Blizzard

Everything else

As I said, WindowX does not have implemented a few things. These things are proper skin layout on the window, the arrows when a bitmap does not fit into a window and the pause sprite animation.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I am unsure about the z-offset for pause, arrows, etc, so for now I am just picking an offset of 10.
I separated the pause graphic into its own class, which should allow for more customization via scripts, etc. That way if your not happy with four images and a simple animation, you can easily create a script to change it without having to modify the Window class. I also included adjustable speed for the animation. I will commit soon, once it is fully integrated into the WindowX class.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I noticed that you edited the WindowX scripts instead of implementing the C++ code. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I thought that was the task. Oops.  :shy:

You simply want the extra functions added to the C++ Window class?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

April 03, 2011, 04:57:55 pm #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:24:40 pm by Ryex
I took it that he wanted the default RGSS windows implemented in c++ using the WindowX system to see how to do it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Yeah, that's what my idea was.
You can use the parts of the Sprite that I already implemented to see how things are done.
Window definitely has to be derived from Renderable. I will move more stuff from Sprite to Renderable (such as the bitmap).

ForeverZer0

Alright, I am admitting I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to do here.  Can someone do me a favor and maybe explain this to me little better.
Sorry for being dense.  :???:

Ryex

I think the task is like the first tasks were we added all the methods but didn't really implement them. is that right Blizz?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Maybe it's better if I take this task. It's a difficult one after all.

ForeverZer0