[XP] Wizered67's Ultimate Mouse Menu

Started by Wizered67, March 27, 2011, 05:00:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

diagostimo

Wizered67

I remember I used to get that, but I don't remember why. Are you sure you aren't doing something wrong?

diagostimo

dunno, i have also added random action sprites, dunno if there would be conflict between the 2, do all your players start with a weapon and armour, maybe its trying to pull data from them

Wizered67

diagostimo

when i try to equip armour with none equiped to start, i havnt tryed setting up another armour to test switching with already equiped armour, but i need more sprites so i can tell the differnce

Wizered67

Oh yeah, this was the one thing I never fixed. There is one thing left in the script from when it was just for my game. To fix this, create a weapon with id 33 and give it no stats but name it "no weapon". Make a new armours id 67,66, and 68 and name them:
66: No helmet
67: No Shield
68: No body

To make the script correctly recognize which type of armour an item is, make new elements with ids 24,25, and 26 and give them to armours.

Give all body armours number 24
Give all helmets number 25
Give all shields number 26

This should fix all problems you're having right now. I just realized that the script doesn't have support for accessories, so I need to fix that. I didn't realize how many things I never fixed. I will try to fix them when I get the chance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

diagostimo

June 12, 2011, 12:35:30 pm #26 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:44:33 pm by diagostimo
no problem, you cant be expected to perfect it on demand  :) i should be ok with what you've
given me, setting blank equipment actually sounds pretty logical but i may make it default equipment, as no weapon would appear as an item, is there anyway i could restrict the items so that you cannot remove them from your inventory eg. sell, future support for accessories would be deeply appreciated :D
edit: still same error, will i have to exclude there id in visual script, and what about the unique option?
edit 2:sorted it, i didnt assign the blank id's to the ones you said, i figured they just had to be in there somewhere, thanks for the help! :haha:

Wizered67

June 12, 2011, 06:50:02 pm #27 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:00:16 pm by Wizered67
I'll be sure to fix up this script soon. It shouldn't take too long, just when I first made the script I had intended it to be just for my game and didn't change some things.

edit: Accessory support will be easier than I thought. Its just adding a few lines. I'll try to update this when I get the chance.

diagostimo

June 13, 2011, 05:05:09 pm #28 Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:06:33 pm by diagostimo
cool, also there is a minor edit you could make, if you made it so the menu opens where your cursor is, so it gets the x and y or summint, as when you need to open multiple menus for differnt tasks they stack and it sometimes gets anoying lol, but its not a must :)
oh yeah and what is the little pluss box for :O.o:

diagostimo

bump. found a new error, the weapons and item info works fine but when i try to get an armours info i get this error-
http://postimage.org/image/lwh6fcys/
also on the log in screen i cannot actually log in by clicking the button, i need to press enter, which is odd as i have set the enter button on the controler configiration to also use left click?

nathmatt

Quote from: diagostimo on June 16, 2011, 03:42:37 pm
i cannot actually log in by clicking the button, i need to press enter, which is odd as i have set the enter button on the controler configiration to also use left click?

i have noticed that but that has nothing to do with his menu its either the mouse controller or RMX-OS im not sure which 1

btw use the modify button don't double post  :rulez:
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Wizered67

I fixed the error you reported, but I'm too lazy to upload a fix right now. Sorry. To fix it yourself, go into the script "Equip Armour" and look for "def info_weapon". Just change it to "def info_armour" and it should work.

diagostimo

thanks dude,the joys of mistypes lol, and sorry nath i should no better

Wizered67

Just wanted to let you know that I never got around to making accessories work right. In 2 days, I'll be leaving and I'll be gone for around 4 weeks so I won't be able to fix it then. I do, however, have this on my "to-do list" and will work on it when I get back. I also probably won't be able to give any support with this script while I'm gone. I'm sorry, but I will work on this eventually.

diagostimo

np, this script is operational as it is for now, you didnt say what the little plus box was for in the bottom right, it seams pretty useless at the min so is there a way to remove it?

Wizered67

The plus box is part of the stat distribution system and has nothing to do with this. It can be removed in the stat distribution script and shows if you have any points to distribute.

swick

I seem to be getting an error whenever I click "Info" on an item in the item menu:

Script 'Item Window' line 133: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Item_window::RMXOS

I'm just going to assume it's because I don't have RMXOS, is there a way to work around this?

Wizered67

You need RMX-OS to use this script. The reason is that info displays the item info in the chat box. Its possible to fix, but I don't have the effort to do it. I never actually fixed a lot of things with this script... Sorry.

swick

mroedesigns

January 17, 2012, 02:28:23 am #39 Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:46:12 am by mroedesigns
Quote from: Wizered67 on June 22, 2011, 01:13:45 am
Just wanted to let you know that I never got around to making accessories work right. In 2 days, I'll be leaving and I'll be gone for around 4 weeks so I won't be able to fix it then. I do, however, have this on my "to-do list" and will work on it when I get back. I also probably won't be able to give any support with this script while I'm gone. I'm sorry, but I will work on this eventually.

Poke, poke.
Ever get around to messing with this? I know the bugs are small, but I figured I'd ask.

Also, I haven't looked at the actual coding of it all yet (theres lots, as you well know.), but I was wondering how difficult it would be to edit this to use a graphical UI?

Edit :: I got an error when trying to equip armor on this line

armour_choices.add_item('Equip ' + $data_armors[@oldarm].name + ' -> ' + $data_armors[data].name , :equip_armour, self)

QuoteTypeError Occurred
No implicit conversion from nil to integer