League of Legends

Started by Vell, March 27, 2011, 10:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

March 27, 2011, 10:27:58 pm Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:28:50 pm by UltaFlame
Anyone here play? I do! It's really fun, but frustrating because of the sheer amount of bad players.

List of CP Players:

Ulta(summoner name: Ulta)

ALSO: If you're new and haven't joined yet, please use this link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4d91123296f94643249693

IT gets me FREE SHIT. How awesome is that?

Also, if anyone's interested, the characters I use(and the skins I use them with) are:

A bunch of links lay here): ShowHide

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103203155/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/3/38/Akali_NurseSkin.jpg/800px-Akali_NurseSkin.jpg
Nurse skin Akali(They had a thing to buy Akali and Nurse Akali for half off and all proceeds to Japan. ...I had to!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201214118/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/8/89/AlmostPromKingAmumu.jpeg/800px-AlmostPromKingAmumu.jpeg
Almost Prom King Amumu. This dude is my best character and also my Tank character.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100626024226/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/7/71/Kog%27Maw_SonoranSkin.jpg/800px-Kog%27Maw_SonoranSkin.jpg
'Sonoran Kog'maw' I bought it when it was on sale.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201052054/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/9/98/KogMaw_LionDance.jpg/800px-KogMaw_LionDance.jpg
Lion Dance Kog'maw. Bought it because HILARIOUS AS HELL
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101213203508/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/d/d7/Kog%27Maw_ReindeerSkin.jpg/800px-Kog%27Maw_ReindeerSkin.jpg
Reindeer Kog'maw. My first skin ever and also THE MOST HILARIOUS THING xD it's a reindeer kog'maw. Who thinks of that?

Kog'maw is one of my favorite champs to play but I almost never play him because EVEN AGAINST DERP-LEVEL BOTS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TEAM THAT CAN PROTECT YOU. Talk about a glass cannon, but the damage he can do is so over ridiculous it's actually kind of ridiculous. I have so many skins for him because... well, he IS my favorite. Though far from my best. And I use them all as I desire to use them.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lux_OriginalSkin.jpg
Lux. That's actually Lux's original skin. I don't have a skin for her. She's one of my primary caster-characters. She suffers from high cooldowns but is otherwise great. She goes 'FEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' and FIRES HER EPOC LAZORS. Also her joke is about Double Rainbows.

There are more, but those are the ones I most commonly use and the ones I do best with... I'm also a fair hand at Tristana, but it's been somethign like a month since I've used her.

Starrodkirby86

Actually, I'm pretty surprised there isn't a League of Legends or DOTA thread in this board. I would imagine it'd fit quite well with this target audience. xp

I haven't played League of Legends, but I was very intrigued at one point. However, I'm still unsure of, and I definitely don't have the time to invest in playing it. What would be your say of League of Legends for a fascinated individual like me, Ulta? :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

AliveDrive

FUNNY story (TRUE story...) this is how I learned of the greatness that is Defense of the Ancients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKd7uuehlw

and yes, I've heard I am Xray.

EDIT:

*Loading Babe...*

Completely necessary.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Vell

LoL is frustrating with Solo Queue because more often than not your team either has that ONE feeder, or you go up against the one enemy team which somehow manages to be coordinated. As Akali's joke says: "More Noobs... Will Matchmaking ever find true balance?" (the joke is that the Ninja Trio of the game emphasize order, balance, neutrality, etc. The perfect 'ego' always going down the middle line type thing.)

But it's very fun. There's something ridiculous like 70+ characters currently available with new ones coming out every 2 weeks. the free champions chang every week. In solo queue this means you're likely to go against one or more of whoever's free. Especially when you first start. Your account levels from 1-30, and there's a skill tree thing, too.

It's got a good meta-game. Riot strives to make it balanced, and most of the time everything has a counter.

It's really kind of fun, if you have a group of people to play with. And the coop v ai means you can finally practice a new champion in a place where you've got to be doing HORRIBLE to lose. The bots are kind of derpy, but challenging enough for people just entering the game. And some people really just can't handle the higher-difficulty ones.

If you played DoTA and liked it, you'll probably love this game too.

Aqua

Annie Bot with Stunning Tibbers is OP.
That's all I have to say.

Vell

March 28, 2011, 06:34:09 pm #5 Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:02:14 pm by UltaFlame
Ah, Anniebot... Yeah, she's definitely a killer. She's kind of like how Ryzebot used to be. Before his recent changeup Ryze bot would walk up to you and just spam every spell he has at you. And considering how Ryze has incredibly high ratios, he did a LOT OF DAMAGE. But now spell flux does less damage  so Ryzebot hurts less and Anniebot makes people QQ cry moar.

EDIT: The reason Anniebot makes people rage is because her AI pattern is very simple. Wait until she has 4 points on her passive(every fifth spell stuns the target/targets), walk up, use your E(which is a shield that boosts her defensive stats), drop a bear(her Ult is 'Summon: Tibbers' and calls forth a pet and also does some heavy nuke damage.) Drop your W on the stunned enemies(this is a nuke that stretches out from annie in a cone, blasting everyone within the range) and then hit hte lowest one with her Q, and back off until she can slam more damage on the enemies.

This is dangerous because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT ANY GOOD PLAYER USING ANNIE WOULD DO. ...And the bot isn't slowed down by having to click a button or anything.

EDIT2 point o:

A bit of clarification. Every character has 5 abilities. One is a passive unique to the champ. This can range from anything like annie's to Kog'maw's(Kog'maw's passive - Icathian Surprise - has him increase his movespeed and explode on enemies for True Damage(not reducable by stats) everytime he dies. So if you kill an enemy Kog at level 18, just hope you have more than 450 hp!) or Cho'gath's. Cho'gath's passive heals him for flat HP and MP everytime he kills a minion. It's not a whole heck of a lot, and far more useful in the laning phase than lategame. But Lategame he's just a meatshield so it SHOULDN'T MATTER.

Anyway other than the passive, you have three standard ability. In any one game your max level can reach 18. Every level(including level 1) you can level up a spell. Spells can be leveled up to five times, and then you have your Ult. Which can be leveled three times, once at level 6, again at level 11, and then again at level 16. (so basically after every five levels) They're typically your most powerful ability. Typically a player will want to level one ability to level 5 as soon as possible(which is level 9, since you can't ALWAYS level a certain ability. I'm not sure exactly, but at level 1 you can choose an ability, level 2 you have to pick something else, at level 4 no one ability can bypass level 2, you'll ALWAYS want to get your ult at level 6, and then at level 8 you can't have higher than level 4. So, level 9 will see you max out your first ability.

Note: I'm willing to help anyone from CP get acclimated to the game ^^

EDIT THE THIRD: Oh lawl I keep editting this post.

I just read the Refer A Friend page. One of the rewards - the highest tier - is getting an all expenses paid trip to Riot HQ to build a champion with the Riot Team. The number of people you need to refer to obtain this reward? 10,000. Yes, you have to refer TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE to League of LEgends(and they have to reach summoner level 5) in order to get this done. But it would be so amazing anyway.

EDIT 4: Meant to add this at the end of EDIT THE THIRD but forgot.

This is MY refer a friend link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4d91123296f94643249693

I added to the first post, as well as added a 'summoner name' section. Just name your summoner name here in the thread and I'll add you to the list.

tSwitch

I used to play LoL a lot.  It's a good game, well designed and executed, though there's less strategy overall, there's a lot more reaction-time thinking.

Haven't played it much lately, I played a trial of HoN and found that I liked its depth of strategy more, but I haven't been able to find anyone to really play with.
(I don't like online games without people I know 90% of the time, as it loses the 'social' aspect of it, and I lose interest quickly)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

G_G

What kind of game is this? RPG, Action? What?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on March 30, 2011, 11:23:32 pm
What kind of game is this? RPG, Action? What?
It's kind of like an RPG in an RTS sort of environment?

Real-time RPG? xD It's the same sort of thing as Defender of the Ancients was, which is an RPG-like game molded from an RTS.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

winkio

The interface is like an RTS, but you only control one unit which levels, has skills, equipment, etc.

Ryex

it's like DOTA or HoN basicly
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Vell

The system is based off a Real Time Strategy, except you only have 1 character to control - your 'Champion.' You don't level up one person over days and days - each game takes less than an hour and you pick your Champion at a screen, which are based on who you have bought(with the ingame currency or your real money) and whoever's free(10? Champions are free every week. Changes usually monday or tuesday).

You start each battle at level 1, and you have 3 abilities to pick. At level 6 you can get your fourth ability - your ultimate. In addition, every character has a passive. The point of the game is to level and kill your enemies anywhere within one of the three lanes - top, mid, and bot - and proceed to demolish the towers - three in each lane, protecting an inhibitor, and in the enemy base are two more nexus turrets, and also their nexus. After you kill the three towers in any lane, you can attack the inhibitor at that lane.

Destroying the inhibitor makes your Nexus spawn super minions down that lane. Oh, yeah, there're minions. Especially in laning phase you want to get the last hit on them(doing so gets you gold to buy items with). After destroying one inhibitor of the three you can proceed to target the enemy Nexus turrets. Destroying both lets you beat the crap out of the nexus. Killing the nexus wins the game. Theoretically you can be losing 60-10 kills and still win because the enemy didn't push through the several aces(killing enetire enemy team) they no doubt got to get that far ahead, and you managed to get their turrets down somehow.

You control your champion with your mouse. You right click to move and attack. This leads to one of the hard phys melee carries, master yi, to being called Master Right Click(He kind of is, but he's EASILY counterable) You use your spells with Q, W, E, and R. your R is your ult.

That's as much detail as I care to go into.

Vell

G_G

I'll check it out tomorrow, busy with Classic right now. And I'll be sure to use your link :3

Praelium

Sorry for necroposting but I play this.
My nickname is "iPsychoFutendra"
I know it is a silly nickname really, but I had to change my name after a friend gave me like 8000 RP.

PhoenixFire

September 06, 2013, 02:27:23 pm #15 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:43:34 pm by DigitalSoul
I started playing this as well, so no need to really consider this a necropost...   

Contact me info-
Summoner name: digitalsoul88
Skype name: digital.soul88
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Vell

Praelium

Everyone give your skype and in-game name, time to make a Chaos Project ranked team!

PhoenixFire

Updated my post for ya...

Quote from: DigitalSoul on September 06, 2013, 02:27:23 pm
Summoner name: digitalsoul88
Skype name: digital.soul88
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Praelium