[RMXP] LoE: Chronicles of Luminia

Started by Apidcloud, March 28, 2011, 03:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Apidcloud

March 28, 2011, 03:08:13 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:14:08 am by Scorpion

Legend of the Elements

Chronicles of Luminia

And the Luminia Kingdom shall rise once again...

Created by: D. Lawride / Enoos / Apidcloud
Genre: Adventure / RPG / Action
Version: Demo 1 (V0.1)
Started in: September 2010
Finished in: (Predicted to be June/July 2011 (unlikely)

Intro
In the beginning of times...

[Legend of the Elements:] Chronicles of Luminia is a project started by myself and a some friends of mine as part of a project for school. The actual story and its background had been resting in my notebooks for several years now, giving me the chance to sharpen the edges and make it look like something good (hopefully). Being a long date Zelda fan, I can tell you that you may find a few influences, but something very short; after all, we ARE trying to make it original, right?

You can also keep up with this on:

Okay people, enjoy the show! =D

Storyline
The Villager, The Princess and the Thief...

War - That is the word that has been in the mouth and minds of both Luminians and Catalians, the kingdoms of greenery and desert, the two kingdoms said to have once been one, the two kingdoms said to have once been protected by the same, five Elements; the war that has ensued between the Luminia and Catalia Kingdoms for too many years, bringing both to utter ruin.

The Argos, longtime helpers of the Luminian army, have abandoned their treaty and left to inhabit their regions, unlike the violent and atrocious humans that chose to stay and risk their lives for the sake of their home; even the Birdmen, the Flarenines... all of them have abandoned the king and the kingdom.

But the war has no reason of being, and all but the kings seemed to have realized it; the lust for power, the same one sealed within the five Elements, has disappeared, and been replaced with a terrible desire for the bringing of death and the spilling of blood - King Flavius and Aume, Luminian and Catalian respectively, have pitted their armies in the battlefield. There is no good, nor evil; only greed and hostility.

One, however, has grasped the situation from a different point of view. He is a general of Aume's troops; but also his brother: Karont.

Recognizing the incapability to rule the kingdom after being denied more troops from his brother, Karont has somehow strived and succeeded in forcing the Catalian troops into Luminian territory, thus leaving King Flavius cornered. But his ways are not those of a just war... nor the ones that aim for peace between the unsettling kingdoms.

But somewhere in the Luminia Kingdom, change is also about to happen; and once more, the two plates that have once been balanced shall once again be weighed... and the outcome of the war, decided forever.

Characters

In Chronicles of Luminia, you will take three points of view as the story develops; basically, you will control three characters in different locations to a certain point before the inevitable encounter.
Who they are?

Well, that's up to you to find out!

TSUKI

Name: Tsuki
Hometown: Neast Village
Biography: Tsuki has lived with his grandfather in the quiet village of Neast since he remembers; he doesn't know much about any of his parents, both said to be dead.
His life with his only family is not an easy one, however - his grandfather seems to not care much about him, bossing him around as if he were a slave; doing all kinds of chores and helping with winter supplies, and even being forced to show up in the village to assist with all sorts of things.
But Roven, the village blacksmith, treats the boy as his own child; every day, Roven would call Tsuki to his shop and give him a small, wooden sword which the two would use to practice in an arena in the back of the house. As such, Tsuki has grown into a fine swordsman; something many say he inherited from his father.
Little did he know, however, that this peaceful life in the isolated village would soon change...

???

???

Features

Two Kingdoms to explore;
Discover the Mythology behind Luminia and Catalia;
Day/Night System;
ABS (Action Battle System)(XAS version);
Spells, hidden Skills and countless quests to find and fulfill;
Unique Items, Locations and complex Storylines to follow;
Train a Flarenine (details later on) to be your sidekick and use it in your battles;
Much more coming soon...

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Downloads

Sorry, no downloads at the moment

Credits

Tiles -» Enterbrain, The Inquisitor
Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia, Characters, Setting, Items, and all associated with it -» Development Team (Omnilan Team)
Sound Effects -» Nintendo (from HelptheWretched's website)
ATB^2 Battle System scripting by Apidcloud
Instead of wanting to be somebody else, rather become somebody else

"I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns."

Gibbo Glast 2D Engine - The sky is no longer a limit

Apidcloud

May 13, 2011, 07:58:29 pm #1 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:13:37 am by Scorpion

Legend of the Elements:
Chronicles of Luminia

First Official Release

Download link

Screenshots of Features

In-game Screenshots

The awaited release of the game has finally arrived!

Blizzard

Not Moghunter's menus AGAIN. -_- I haven't even played a game with his menus and I'm sick of seeing them.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I will personally create your menu system. I just need a layout. I completely agree with Blizzard.

Shin Migumi

My thoughts exactly. other than that it looks good for an XAS game. But we are enemies since i'm using blizz abs. Muhahahaha

Apidcloud

May 18, 2011, 09:51:19 am #5 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:08:27 am by Apidcloud
Ok, first of all, of course you say we're using XAS, based on first post screens, but we're not anymore... As Blizzard once told me, XAS ****s xD The code is creepy as well... so we decided 2 create our own.

About Mog hunter's menus, absolutely not <.< I just used his layout(even changed it as i wanted), nothing else LOL
I'm kinda good at designing but I had no ideas to that, so I used his 'base layout', and even that, I modified..
The menus were entirely created by me :P
Also, they all use mouse...

And its not a XAS game anyway lol  The 'abs' part was created by me as well, I even posted a topic on this forum where u can see the updates :P
Can check it here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9490.0.html

And the sprite of the hero was modified by my partner, DonLawride, nothing to do with XAS either... :P

So xD Im planning on modifying the menus again, because I've some ideas for them. But if you have any other layout suggestions, just talk with me, and if I like it, I'll try to change it obviously...

This is a project for school, and I've not much time to be doing the layouts right now, because exams are approaching and I need to study.. It's the final year XD
It's already good enough to be working with this for school don't you agree? :P

The Niche

Quote from: Apidcloud on May 18, 2011, 09:51:19 am
And the sprite of the hero was modified by my partner, DonLawride, nothing to do with XAS either... :P

Looks like Arshes to me. Other than that, all good, looking forward to this!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Apidcloud

May 18, 2011, 10:09:05 am #7 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:11:49 am by Apidcloud
'ash' as you called him, is originally from RTP, not from XAS

and basically, we're just using RTP stuff and that because we've no spriters atm XD Kinda hard..but that's all we've got

see you ^^

The Niche

Quote from: Apidcloud on May 18, 2011, 10:09:05 am
'ash' as you called him, is originally from RTP, not from XAS

and basically, we're just using RTP stuff and that because we've no spriters atm XD Kinda hard..but that's all we've got

see you ^^

I'm aware of that, my point was...oh, right, you said modified. Oops.

Anyway, I'm not going to promise anything, but I can lob the odd sprite your way if you'd like.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Apidcloud

XD no problem ^^

Well, actually we did a customized 'char' but it's impossible to us to do the sword action XD Thats why don modified one :P
Also, we've no pictures that would work as Ash ones(that Mog uses a lot) So we're using it since we've no other way...

About that, well, I'd really appreciate that... You can do the sword action, like the one we're using for now?

Shin Migumi

Sorry I looked at the first screenies which looked super XAS to me lol. and I think I played a demo earlier, which was good. anyways good luck  :P

Apidcloud

Xd no problem, in fact the fault was ours because we didn't change that Screens... Anyways, that HUD won't appear again as well xD

We're planning on doing one...just need some free time =/

Thanks ^^

The Niche

Calintz's/my blizzabs templates ought to help you out a bit.

Apidcloud

Well xD I'm not a spriter... :P
Neither my partners...as I said, don just changed the char a little XD, but if you can, please send me that temps, so we'll see about it ^^

thanks  a lot

The Niche

Apidcloud

the templates were deleted or moved XD

epic error from photobucket :P

The Niche

Read the rest of the topic you silly goose. Calintz can't be trusted not to have ocd and break every single one of his links.

Apidcloud

Hoy! I come here today to show you all the first trailer for Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCYQ4aARg_c

Tell us what you think!

winkio

the trailer was pretty well put together.  Seems to have that classic RPG feel to it, if that's what you were going for.  Good luck continuing to work on it :)

Apidcloud

FOR MORE NEWS REGARDING THE LOE: CHRONICLES OF LUMINIA PROJECT, CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT http://luminiachronicles.wordpress.com/

After a short hiatus due to assorted business and vacations, the Omnilan Team is fully back to work on the project! :D
I have been showing some people some of our news tiles recently, but that's an issue for later. :3

Right now, we have to present one of the many systems incorporated in the game!

Presenting, The World Map Navigator! ^^

-» This little system here may not seem like much, but if you're the kind of person who likes the tiny little details of a story, location, item or character, or plain simply can't stand long dialogs and likes to go straight to action, then you're one of the potential, frequent users of the system!

-» Ranging from a list mode to a familiar Town Map system just like (but not exclusively) Pokémon, the World Map Navigator will give you detailed information about the locations you have visited or will visit, such as the items acquired, the [important] characters met and the story of the site.

-» Allowing you to keep track of your next destination, it's equipped with an indicator that points out where you were last sent to/your current goal and the last location visited.

-» This system can be acquired after helping a certain Kardian, a race of highly advanced people said to have been the origin of the Luminian - in political affairs. If you try hard, maybe you'll get to know more about their technology and knowledge!

-» To view new maps, you will need to collect certain items, which unlock maps for you to view in detail. Some are given, others must be bought, but most must be found on your own!

Credits and Thanks:
• World Map Navigator © Apidcloud ;
• Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia © Omnilan Team ;
• Enterbrain © for game engine ;
• MACL authors for Zlib::Png_File and Bitmap.make_png ;
• LegacyCrono for the basic understand of autotiles in RPG Maker XP ;
• SephirothSpawn and ForeverZero for Png pictures creation ;
• Blizzard for Bitmap.slice_text
• Zecomeia for sharing an huge encryption pdf ;
• game_guy for basic methods of compression ;
• http:/www.anneashby.bravehost.com for the gold bronze feather picture, although changed by us accordingly;
• Paul Reid(TracerTong) for DriftType font ;
• RPG Communities, for existing