[April 1st, 2011] Rules and Regulations Enacted for the Safety and Security of all Chaos Project.

Started by tSwitch, April 01, 2011, 01:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

The staff of New Chaos Project has been hard at work discussing possible security and safety issues rampant on the site during the Blizzard-era.  We wish to move on, move forward, and present to you a new and renovated website that we can all exist on peacefully and with the most productivity possible.

That being said, we felt that the old rules and regulations were far too lenient, and in some cases did not provide adequate protection from the dangers of internet communities.

The new site rules are as below:

Rule 1: All avatars are to be chosen from the on-site avatar packs found in your profile information only.  Signatures are to contain text only.  There will be a grace period of two days (until random 3rd, 2011) to change your profile picture.  Failure to do so will result in a profile wipe, and a three-day ban.

Rule 2: Flaming of any type will be met with at minimum a three-day ban.  This ban can be increased based on the severity of the flaming in question.  Flaming is defined as mocking, hurtful speech or intentional hazing, as well as thread bashing.  Overly-harsh critique in ones game topic can also be considered flaming.  The actual definition of flaming is subject to moderator interpretation.

Rule 3: All content must be kept PG.  No partial or hinted nudity, violence, blood, gore, strong language, suggestive themes, alcohol, drugs, or slang terms related to any of the aforementioned terms may be posted about in any way shape or form.  Failure to follow this rule will result in a two-month ban.  Subject to moderator interpretation.

Rule 4: SPAM outside the SPAM forum is not tolerated, and will be met with a three-day posts ban.

Rule 5: No member is to at any point in time "call out" or otherwise deface the reputation of a staff member.  This hurts our integrity and can whittle away our authority and will result in a perma-ban.

Rule 6: These rules are non-negotiable and bans are not subject to appeal, any attempt to do either will result in an extended ban.

Staff is exempt from these rules as is necessary to keep the forum running smoothly.

Any post that breaks any or all of the above rules should be reported to the staff via the forum's convenient built-in report feature.  Said members who receive a permanent ban will be erased from the webpage and IP banned so that they may not cause any further issues.

These rules will be enforced retroactively, meaning that if any content currently exists and breaks these rules, bans will be posted accordingly.  Please use the grace period (until random 3rd) to clean up your profiles, posts, and topics.

Enjoy your stay at Chaos Project.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

The Niche

[inappropriate content]
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

PhoenixFire

[inappropriate content]
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Subsonic_Noise

[inappropriate content]

Subsonic_Noise

[inappropriate content]

Subsonic_Noise

[inappropriate content]

tSwitch

Subsonic Noise has been banned for disrupting the forums.
We are serious.

stripe103

To be honest, I think that this thing between Blizz and Winkio have been disrupting the whole forums.. After all this, I don't think I'll appreciate being on these forums the same way anymore. Sad. They were really good before..

tSwitch

We have taken what measures we can to eliminate the disruption, please go on about your day as usual.

stripe103

I don't know what was triggering all this, but if the goal was to loose members, you surely have succeeded. That will hopefully be the last thing I write about this..

The Niche

[inappropriate content]
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Vell

April Fool's Day, hurrah hurray

Though, I say that just to ask. This does appear to be a pretty serious issue, so I must ask: is this a joke or not?

winkio

Look, things have been getting way out of hand recently.  The amount of intentional and deliberate flaming and trolling has gone significantly up, especially towards new members and staff members.  We are making this site a difficult community to join.  Everyone needs to just calm down and be a little nicer, and then some of these restrictions will be lifted.

The Niche

[inappropriate content]

The Niche

Fuck you Namkcor. The joke's not fucking funny anymore. I thought it was funny before you started doing all this rule fag shit, but now it's just stupid. You're a fucking idiot and yes, I'm insulting your goddamn fucking intelligence. Because that seems to be the only way to get something into your thick fucking skull.

tSwitch