I'm not really a part of the community...

Started by Vell, March 27, 2011, 09:10:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

I feel like I have this reputation - mostly stemming from my unwillingness to give personal info and also the Storyline Service(Which you can ask for help from - I have my muse!) but yet...

I'm not active. I come in here maybe once a day. I check to see if the storyline service thread was updated or if I got a PM or something. Then I leave until the next day. I discovered Songs of Destruction, but my help is largely unneeded by this point. I don't participate in the random discussion that goes on, the humor is largely not to my tastes so I don't joke around with the member base...

I don't know really anyone who's active who wasn't a member back when I prowled the forum and got my thousands of uncredited posts in the spam section.

So I don't really feel like a part of the community. Thots, others?

AliveDrive

I would say that's a personal choice, check your PM's.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

Ulta, saying that your not part of the community is like saying that NAMCOR or Zeriab aren't part of the community. true you never really took part in the Rpg Maker part but you were still an active and important part of the community dynamic. your the IT and S.P.A.M. Monarch.  If you feel your time here is done, that you no longer belong because of changing times. well thats fair and I'm not about to contradict you. but don't take your impact as negligible.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 27, 2011, 09:10:07 pm
I'm not active. I come in here maybe once a day. I check to see if the storyline service thread was updated or if I got a PM or something. Then I leave until the next day. I discovered Songs of Destruction, but my help is largely unneeded by this point. I don't participate in the random discussion that goes on, the humor is largely not to my tastes so I don't joke around with the member base...

Along with AliveDrive said, which is very true, the lines I quoted there are a big reason. How do expect to feel a part of something that you aren't involved in?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

Like Ryex said,

I've always considered you to be one of the original 150 pokemon of CP, so to speak.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Vell

March 27, 2011, 09:47:11 pm #5 Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:48:33 pm by UltaFlame
Well now I didn't mean to say I was going to up and pack my things and get leaving. Why go through the trouble of convincing Blizz I was worth being let back if I was just going to leave? I have history here, but I don't feel a connection to the forum like I used to. Mostly I'm asking if you guys think I don't hang around enough or something.

I kind of don't know. To be entirely honest, I'm on two hours of sleep and it's 20 hours later, so.

AliveDrive

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Just make sure you talk with people whenever you log on, whether it be posting, shoutboxing, or pming.

The Niche

Damn lurker!

:V

Really Ulta, you're a very lovable person. Can I have a hug now?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Vell

Blizzard

Only I may. But I do not.

Yeah, try to participate a bit and talk to people. This will make you feel more like a part of the community.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Blizzard is respectful in this manner.

And also mindful of not having a dozen daggers suddenly sprouting from his back. He shows wisdom in avoiding this. *nod* Truly he is an example to all.

The Niche

I'm not especially worried about daggers. At this point, my back is immune.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Blizzard

But is your front immune since the daggers have to get through somehow. :V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

I am an old and powerful creature.

and also a radioactive bulldog. Can't resist being dagger'd by a radioactive bulldog!

G_G

I <3 Ulta. You've left a remarkable scar on me both physically and mentally. This must count for something, yes? If not, then you have at least left a big giant blast in the SPAM forum.

Vell

How in the hell did I scar you physically I never even met you oh god what have I been doing when I'm dreaming those batshit dreams of batshit insanity.

The Niche

WHat about that one time at band camp...?