Blizz-ABS menu to Stormtronic's CMS-Hybrid

Started by Phasedscar, April 15, 2008, 11:01:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasedscar

Since my scripting experience in Ruby is a little less than limited, I was hoping you could give me a few tips for:

• Removing the sub menu from Blizz-ABS

• Adding the commands to Stormtronic's CMS-Hybrid ed. from the Blizz-ABS menu

• Changing the position of either the "Character Name" or the the actor sprite so that I can use a slightly larger sprite without layering problems

I'm sure none of these are particularly difficult, but I don't want to go playing around with a working system when I'm unsure what everything will do.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

shdwlink1993

Well, I don't know much about the second two, but at the end of the final part of Blizz-ABS, there is a section called Pre-Menu (or Pre_Menu, or something like that. Search for it). Just comment/delete that entire section of code and volia, that should fix it.

At least, I think so...

The Pre-Menu also works in exact opposite, so if you didn't want the ABS, but you wanted the Pre-Menu, you can just grab that and paste it in another script. Blizz should probably make that into an addon for Tons. It'd take about 50 seconds.

Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Phasedscar

yeah, I just had thought of that.  It might be possible for me to cut and paste parts of the code over to the CMS-Hybrid and just adjust their X/Y values.

The only reason I'm asking is because I want to make sure I don't screw up the code and have to replace it.

Also, I meant to place this in requests, didn't realize I was in the forum tree lol.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

April 16, 2008, 04:56:35 am #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:58:52 am by Blizzard
Delete the Scene_Menu class definition in Blizz-ABS Part 3. To add the key assignment scene into STCMS you need to "add another option into the menu", something I have described in "Blizzard's little Tricks".

To change the position of the characters in the menu, in Window_CMSMenuStatus#refresh simply find this line and change the 56 and 80:

draw_actor_graphic(@actor, 56, 80)

It should be line 1786 by default.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Phasedscar

Cool, very appreciated Blizzard.  Not that I dislike your ABS menu at all, it just seems a little clashing to go from a sub menu to the main one when using the Stormtronic's CMS

nathmatt

ok im trying to add the controls to the menu hers what i put but it wont work

# play sound
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
          # create hotkey assignment scene with the current screen tint
          $scene = Scene_Controls.new(@view.tone)
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Phasedscar

April 18, 2008, 01:32:16 am #6 Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 01:33:31 am by Phasedscar
Ok, I got the extra options set up in the Scene_Menu

s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Hotkey"
    s5 = "A.I."
    s6 = "Status"
    s7 = "Save"
    s8 = "End Game"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8])

And I placed the commands below
when 4  # Hotkey
        $scene = Scene_Controls.new
      when 5  # A.I.
        $scene = Scene_AI_Setup.new

Not getting any problems there, however how do I add the commands to the STCMS menu?

Should I be changing
def initialize(index, continue)
    @background = 'CMSCommand'
    commands = [$data_system.words.item, 'Equipment', $data_system.words.equip,
        $data_system.words.skill, 'Status', 'Options', 'Save', 'Load', 'Exit']
    super(180, commands)
    @continue, self.index, self.x, self.y, self.z = continue, index, 972, 0, 999
  end

to
def initialize(index, continue)
    @background = 'CMSCommand'
    commands = [$data_system.words.item, 'Equipment', $data_system.words.equip,
        $data_system.words.skill, 'Hotkey' , 'A.I.', 'Status', 'Options', 'Save', 'Load', 'Exit']
    super(180, commands)
    @continue, self.index, self.x, self.y, self.z = continue, index, 972, 0, 999
  end
?  If so, then what do I need to change in order to get icons to show up for the new commands?

Blizzard

Yes, that's what you need to do.
The icons are shown by command index. You need another icon file. Also set the height after the "super" command to 320, like "self.height = 320".
Then all that is left to do is the same thing like you did in the normal menu: To add the functionality.
Don't forget to change the when-branch-es numbers.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Phasedscar

April 18, 2008, 01:38:36 pm #8 Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:58:17 pm by Phasedscar
K, and I assume that the icon files goes directly into the Icon/CMS/ folder and should be labeled "command6.bmp, command7.bmp, etc?"

nevermind on that, got my icons in there by doing exactly what I was asking. (looks good and now I know how to add my own icons to it)  :D

However when I'm changing
885 def initialize(index, continue)
886    @background = 'CMSCommand'
887    commands = [$data_system.words.item, 'Equipment', $data_system.words.equip,
888    $data_system.words.skill, 'Hotkey', 'A.I.', 'Status', 'Options', 'Save', 'Load', 'Exit']
889  super(180, commands)
890  @continue, self.index, self.x, self.y, self.z = continue, index, 972, 0, 999
891 end

to

889  super(320, commands)

it shifts the icons to the left or right.  Am I in the wrong part of the code to change the height value?

Also, when I'm trying out the new commands I'm getting an error:
"Script 'STCMS Hybrid 5.2b' line 2155 ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments(0 for 1)"

with the code
2150      when 5  # Hotkey
2151        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
2152        $scene = Scene_Controls.new
2153      when 6  # A.I.
2154        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
2155        $scene = Scene_AI_Setup.new

nathmatt

April 18, 2008, 05:47:08 pm #9 Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:37:37 pm by nathmatt
to fix this problem go the the controls scene and delete these 2 lines

the reason for this error was the random tint bliz had for his pre menu the fist 1 if im not mistaken stored the tint (wich you dont use in this menu causeing the error we got)

the other i think loaded the stored tint

BTW i tested & it works

remove
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Initialization
  #  tone - screen background tone
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def initialize(tone)
    # store current screen tint
    @tone = tone
  end

remove
  # set tone to current screen tone
    @view.tone = @tone.clone

and change this
  if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # play cancel sound
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # create map scene
      $scene = Scene_Menu.new

to this
  if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # play cancel sound
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # create map scene
      $scene = Scene_Menu.new(1)

so when u back out of controls it goes back to the menu

if that dosent work i moved scene controls to its own scene i dont that that would make a diference but if it dosent work try that
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

nathmatt

im guessing it worked & this request is completed
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Phasedscar

sorry Nathmatt, I was on a 5 week hiatus  :-\

When you say controls scene I'm assuming you mean in the Blizz-ABS's third page?

nathmatt

yea i took took those out of his script & gave them there own scens
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

Request solved? Then add [RESOLVED] to the topic's title. :.)