Chaos Project Personal Doodle Theme!

Started by Ryex, April 04, 2011, 09:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

After looking at Rose's Doodle I was inspired. what if we had a theme the incorporated People's Personal Doodles? each member that wanted to be a part could draw their own doodle and we could incorporate it into the theme.

Thoughts?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

I think that would be cool. It might not be very stylistically consistent, but doodles don't really have to be.

Ryex

thats almost entirely the point. a theme that contains the personality of the members would inherently be "stylistically inconsistent" :P

I believe Blizz was willing to give out the files for the theme so that members could create one.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

Sounds like a plan. Just let me know which part of the theme you want me to draw a doodle for, and I'll get on it.

ForeverZer0

I will try to do what I can for it. I used to actually be quite talented in art back in high-school, though I haven't done anything since then, so I'm pretty rusty...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

@Blizz when you read this thread can you PM me the files?

I'll get the theme and see where we can fit the doodles in and then people can just pick a spot. I would say that people should just draw a doodle of them selves that describes there persona here at CP and them we'd just pop them in where ever they fit. but I think it would work better if people knew where they'ed fit to begin with

Spaceman McConaughey

April 05, 2011, 12:19:16 am #6 Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:21:39 am by Tuggernuts
Quote from: Ryex on April 04, 2011, 11:15:29 pm
@Blizz when you read this thread can you PM me the files?

I'll get the theme and see where we can fit the doodles in and then people can just pick a spot. I would say that people should just draw a doodle of them selves that describes there persona here at CP and them we'd just pop them in where ever they fit. but I think it would work better if people knew where they'ed fit to begin with

Should I be tugging exposed balls or a black square?

EDIT:
Fuck that, I'll draw myself tugging a bowl of almonds out of a racoon's paws.

Blizzard

What parts of the theme do you need? I have images, PHP template files, CSS and PHP source files (the latter you probably don't need at all).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

images templates and css. with those I can place the theme on a local copy of smf and make the theme

The Niche

Hmmm...I think I shall come up with something to contribute.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Not entirely because I did edit the source files as well. ._.
Do you want the PSD files as well? If yes, you'll have to wait for them until I get home.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

So what are we going to do, just the background or buttons as well?

Hell, we should make a smiley set!
:rockit:
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Ryex

we can put it together how ever we want

@Blizz thanks for the files, I had to o a little fenagleing with the missing shoutbox table but I got it working. also I would like those psd files thanks.
warning large proof that I have local CP theme image: ShowHide

I'm thinking that we create a doodle like theme and then we can get people personal doodles in the header and footer area and perhaps other places.

The Niche

Hmm...there's probably loads of in-jokes we can apply to this.

For example, who would you say is the most active in informing noobs of the search bar?

Blizzard

The Niche

Ok, so for the new shout box, we have Zerzero lying on his side, and the search bar is his body.

Read: I wanna type dirties into Zero.

Ryex

just in case you didn't see it the first time I would like the psd files. :) I like to keep my option's open

Blizzard

PM'd them to you. I almost forgot about them. Good you reminded me now since I'm at home now, lol.

The Niche

And our most active shouter...could we make the shoutbox circular? Or at least extend the page so the border can be circular?

Spaceman McConaughey

What about our most perverted member? Who do you guys think that'd be.

hint: it's me.

:naughty:

The Niche

Well, definitely not you anyway...

Actually, it's down to you and roseskye.

Ryex

I extracted the logo from i's red background and gave it a little bit of a red feathering.
Spoiler: ShowHide

would of been easier if I had the psd for that one... I was looking in the wrong folder for the psd now I DO have it.

G_G

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: The Niche on April 05, 2011, 03:22:08 pm
Well, definitely not you anyway...

Actually, it's down to you and roseskye.

I think it's me, seeing as how he even gets fed up with my perverted jokes at times. ;D

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryex on April 05, 2011, 05:48:51 pm
I extracted the logo from i's red background and gave it a little bit of a red feathering.

would of been easier if I had the psd for that one... I was looking in the wrong folder for the psd now I DO have it.

The red glow goes beyond the image borders and gets cut off. ._.

Ryex

ah dam, your right.

also for where the images can go. I'm thinking that the they can fit in the header and footer area. and also along the sides. I can pad the sides to provide room for the doodles.

I'll have to do a bit of work to make sure that the images sides work properly but it should work

Blizzard

I think you should be able to easily increase the sizes of various images and the skin should still look proper.

Ryex

I'm more worried about the fact that the edges of the skin are made of a 1 pixel high images stacked on top of it self to fill in the height. I either have to make the new image I use which will not be 1 pixel high tile properly or not tile at all and worry about it getting cut off at the wrong point. or if I make sure the page has a minimum size I have to worry about stretching out the content and not leaving large spans of empty space.

The Niche

Will we have a massive background of randomness?

Also, I've put together some doodles, mostly resolving around the SOD team. I'll scan it in and upload it later today.

Ryex

April 06, 2011, 06:21:22 am #29 Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:38:24 am by Ryex
ok, padding the sides is easy, and adding a minamum hight to the bodyarea element works it just leaves a blank space below the shout box if it's not long enough I just need to figure out how to get a second image to stack under the first image in the body-bgL and body-bgR areas so that when the first image runs out the second fills in the space I'm being an idiot I just need to add an image on top of the background! *slaps self*

Kett Shee

I can be in the Profile and Who's Online pages, seeing as I'm always snooping around them. :V:
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Ryex

April 06, 2011, 06:28:42 pm #31 Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:58:33 pm by Ryex
ok. so I've got the template edited and there is space for the doodles now. I'm just having trouble getting the images to position correctly.

Got it :P

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ryex on April 06, 2011, 06:28:42 pm
ok. so I've got the template edited and there is space for the doodles now. I'm just having trouble getting the images to position correctly.

Got it :P

It looks neat. Maybe we should select people to draw the logo and topic icons, so that they look "doodled" as well.

G_G

I think it should have more of a black and white theme since its doodles. So basically all red colors would be changed out with black or dark gray.

I agree with whiterose.

Ryex

I'm agreeing with Rose too, any one want to try their hand at "doodlifying" the images? I think we should keep the logo the way it is though.

ForeverZer0

I think that making a "hand-drawn" version of the logo would be cool. Don't need to change it or anything, just someone's drawn version of it to match the over-all theme.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

At the very least put it through a pencil filter.

The Niche

No, hang on, I did a cool design for the logo. I'll scan it in in a few minutes.

Otherstuff:

WhiteRose

Quote from: The Niche on April 07, 2011, 07:23:59 am
No, hang on, I did a cool design for the logo. I'll scan it in in a few minutes.

Otherstuff:

Is the bottom half of your drawing supposed to be white, or is my computer just not loading it? Also, you don't have to, but it might be easier to use your drawings for the theme if you draw them on white paper instead of lined. Just if you want to, though. It's okay if you don't.

The Niche

The bottom half was the scanner fucking up. And yeah, this is just what I do when I'm supposed to be paying attention to my Irish teacher.