[XP] "cheat" system (resolved)

Started by PhoenixFire, April 08, 2011, 02:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

April 08, 2011, 02:34:54 pm Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:33:16 pm by brandedsoul
So, I read through, and, the cheat system that's already been made is based on numbers instead of words. I've been tinkering with it, and I can't figure out how to accept a string of characters, and compare them against possible options. I'm actually not sure it it HAS to be an event, but, it's currently a common event, and, is tethered to an item activating it..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

The Niche

Cheat console is a name input process for actor "cheat" which calls the control common event.

Common event: Control    None:
Conditional branch: Actor "cheat" Name[Invincibilty] applied
Control switch: Invincibility On
Else:
Show text: Hah! You fail at cheating!
End

Obviously, you'll need a common event for Invincibility and any other cheats you may have.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Because Niche forgot to mention about actor name processing which is on the 3rd page btw. Basically create a blank actor with no graphic and a blank name. Then choose the name input processing on the 3rd page, select the blank actor. Then follow what niche did.
Spoiler: ShowHide

PhoenixFire

Okay, well, the directions, although a little unclear, pointed me in the right direction, and, I have a working cheat system :)  Thanks for the pointers guys! They helped quite a bit!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?