something i came up with at work

Started by Spoofus, April 12, 2011, 07:21:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

hey y'all lets just say i tend to get very bored at work so i'll do some random things and i happen to pick up a pen and paper and started writing some things that came to mind and well, something was born and i share it with you all.

Story idea:
Spoiler: ShowHide
A exploration space vessel is on it's way to resupply at one of the newly established colonies on the planet Erias in the Bolas system.While en route to the destination the vessel is hit by a strange pulse wave that seemed to come out of no where and is forced to make a crash landing on a nearby planet.After the vessel broke the planets atmosphere it crashes into a mountain range nearly burying all the way into it,but remains intact thanks to the shields the vessel's crew put up before impact.After dealing with casualty and damage reports,the crew of the vessel begin repairs and try to figure out where they have landed and what was the cause of the strange pulse wave.

During the repairs of the vessel a strange seed like object was found on the outside of the hull,unable to figure out what it was it was taken the vessel's lab to studies.While the seed object test begin and repairs continue,the survey teams of the ship find data in the logs of the planet they landed on according to their co-ordinances.According to the records this planet  is referred to as "Stala" and is inhabited by a wide multitude of creatures and humanoids,one of which is nearly identical to humans.The technology level of this planet is nearly the same as that of Earth's medieval era, as well they use a technique that is the same as the *"Rune Arts" that the people of Earth were taught to use,but unlike earthlings that require a special device to aid in using these arts, the people of this planet are able to use it naturally, which may evident that this planet may be the the birth place of "Rune Arts".Upon further digging into the records of this planet a mention of a ancient lore that tells of "Tears of the Gods" falling from the sky after a wave of violet races across the sky blocking out the sun and moon alike, one of the images on record from ruins that were surveyed when earthling first explored the star system resembles that of the seed like object that was found on the ship's outer hull and "wave of violet" more than likely refers to to a pulse wave like the one that hit the exploration vessel.So a decision is made to send out a scout to a nearby town or settlement to gather some information to see if the seed object and pulse wave are connected in anyway.

After gathering some interesting information the scout that was sent out returns to the vessel to report his findings,but  finds out that is abandoned,the crew had just vanished out of no where without any signs of a struggle or anything, except for one piece of evidence in a data log which contained research results on the seed object, from what the data shows there was some interesting results on it, and the voice log on file that takes place a day before the scout returned, and some bizarre journal entries mentions some things that are vague but may hold a clue as to what has happened.After transferring all the data on the seed object and the other entries that had taken since he had left to his *P.A.W.S device,and collecting the seed object, he sets out to find some answers.

Things to know:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Rune Arts: the people of earth are given the means to use these arts from a extraterrestrial race known as the "Zerians" as a way of showing                              friendship and a peaceful co-existence.

P.A.W.S: or as the people of earth call them Portable Assistance Wrist System(ironically is actual a glove device) , is one of the many technologies given to the people of earth thats helps enable them to use rune arts as well acts a computer being able to display a multitude of things.

Zerians: this race of extraterrestrials some what resemble angels.They come to earth after they noticed some of the planets of the earth's solar system had been destroyed by a series of meteor impacts and some of those planet's fragments hitting the earth.They decide to help the earthlings by giving them technology that will help them find a new home amongst the stars as well as to assist in their daily lives.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Spaceman McConaughey

This seems very interesting, and is a pretty nice concept.

I liek it. :3