Started by The Niche, April 14, 2011, 01:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

I am a genius.

Allow me to present an amazingly sexy battle system idea:
(It uses BABS)
Spoiler: ShowHide

The specifics:
Face and minimap are self explanatory, I hope.
The red bar is hp.
When the hp gets into the cyan area, your limit starts charging, which fills the cyan bar. You can only use your limit when it's charged.
If the hp falls below the edge of the purple bar, you lose control of your pet. The purple bar represents its health.
When hp falls below the edge of the yellow bar, you can no longer use items, though health potions are still usable. Using items charges the yellow bar, which increases the effectiveness of your item.
When hp falls below the edge of the green bar, you can no longer use skills. Holding down the skill button charges the green bar. Using a skill when the green bar is fully charged uses the skill's more powerful version.
Attacking with your weapon charges the navy bar. Attacking when the navy bar is full uses your weapon's skill.

Now think of the combos I can make with this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

PhoenixFire

That would be an awesome system, so, I propose you start making it ^.^
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

winkio

I don't get it, you just disallow certain actions based on hp?  That seems like it would make battles really annoying.

The Niche

Quote from: DigitalSoul on April 14, 2011, 01:25:40 pm
That would be an awesome system, so, I propose you start making it ^.^

As do I, but I'm way too busy right now :L I'm better off waiting for ARC to come out, it'll require less scripts.

Quote from: winkio on April 14, 2011, 01:26:37 pm
I don't get it, you just disallow certain actions based on hp?

That's part of it. The other part of it is that each action has its own sp and some actions have unleash skills as well.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!