Character Sets Progress

Started by legacyblade, April 14, 2011, 07:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I'm not sure. Maybe we should get rid of them to make sure. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Dweller

September 23, 2011, 02:49:39 pm #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:05:31 pm by Dweller
QuoteI hope you don't mind that I'm going to make minor alterations to the spirtes you've submitted

Of course, you can edit what you want.

Cleric back animation:

Female mage: I changed her hair to a blonded one (so is not so similar to Daos of Lufia II)

Need feedback, I like this hair but not 100% convinced.

A barbarian: In this one I want to make a Barbarian character. He is 2 or 3 pixel higher than a normal character and I improved his muscles.

Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

legacyblade

@Dweller, Cleric is coming REALLY well. I'm loving that hat. And good job on the female hair. You might want to add a bit more contrast. Though I think that barbarian is perfect. Nothing bugs me about it at all.

@Blizz, ya, that's what I was thinking. I'll get rid of em (if someone else doesn't beat me to it)

@all, I've started my work of touching up sprites. I decided to start with our 096-darkLord01 file (good effort by whoever made it, but it needs lots of touching up). I liked the cape and helmet mohawk thing, but I didn't like the all red outfit. So I gave him a gold trimmed purple tunic with red leggings and red undershirt. I also gave him some boots (he was barelegged before) and changed the face up a bit. I've only down the first pose, but here's a comparison shot. Does everyone like this dark lord ok? Or should I just scrap the design and make a new one?

I'm a bit worried that his outfit is too...meh to be a dark lord. I'm thinking he looks more like a fancy civilian or a fighter than a dark lord. Shat do you guys think? (and dang are capes hard. I hope my cape looks passable)

cyclope

September 23, 2011, 03:53:38 pm #23 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:57:34 pm by cyclope
Quote from: legacyblade on September 23, 2011, 03:44:56 pm

I'm a bit worried that his outfit is too...meh to be a dark lord. I'm thinking he looks more like a fancy civilian or a fighter than a dark lord. Shat do you guys think? (and dang are capes hard. I hope my cape looks passable)

It's a very good sprite, but it doesn't look like a dark lord at least for me... It looks like a crazy punk. A dark lord would most likely be using an bad-ass armor, and be a bit taller and wider, imo. The cape looks really nice btw.
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

legacyblade

Alright. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it doesn't look like a dark lord. I think I'll store it away and maybe turn it into a bard eventually. Glad you like the cape.

I'm thinking of redoing my "bloodlust soldier" for use as a dark lord.

What do you guys think? (should it be dark lord, or should I just make it a monster?)

cyclope

Quote from: legacyblade on September 23, 2011, 04:39:54 pm

Wow that looks awesome. That looks 1000 more like an dark-lord than the previous guy. It is perfect for both a dark-lord and a monster, maybe a monster-lord...
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Fantasist

@Dweller: Excellent work! But IMO, the barbarian needs to have a broader chest.

@LB: Wow, excellent work!

*powers up both*
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Dweller

The new "wip" version of a Dark Lord is better, the first version cape could be used to a rogue class???

I made a first try animating the female mage tunic :s -->
Dwellercoc

Blizzard

@LB: I think Niche made that sprite along with the monk1 sprite. Feel free to edit them. If you want, you can change the darklord to something else.
I think that bloodlust soldier would make a better darklord.

@Dweller: You should also change the orange tunic to another color. This will instantly make it feel completely different. Try blue or cyan. You should also let the tunic wave around more if you want it animated while walking.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

@blizz, ok. Is niche still working on the RTP? Can't remember seeing any recent posts from him.

@dweller, that's a pretty good idle pose, but the clothes hardly move. That many draping bits of cloth would sway a lot more. I know it's hard to animate such elaborate costumes, but it'll be good practice (and make it look way better). And I do agree with blizz. I think changing the color of the female mage's outfit will help make the RTP look more varied.

@all, glad you guys like the bloodlust soldier. That'll be SOOO easy to sprite. I know this sounds weird, but animating and shading blood is the easiest thing for me. So not only does the RTP get a badA** dark lord, I get an easy time of it, lol.

Blizzard

I don't think he is. But the sprites are his nethertheless.

Magus

Quote from: Dweller on September 23, 2011, 12:36:09 am
Quote from: Blizzard on September 22, 2011, 09:31:59 am
Also: Aluxes was the the official English translation of "Arshes" which is spelled by the Japanese as "Uh-look-ses", hence Aluxes.

Is that true or are you joking?

QuoteD:  nobody likes Arshes...  heh, it's funny how by default, his name is actually Aluxes XD but everyone's like, "fuck it. Arshes."

ohhh you really hates Arshes, Magus, take a look at this test of my orc template, you will be pleased for sure:

Muhawhwhaa. I am pleased. DEATH TO ARSHES. LET HIS HEAD BURN UNDER THE FLAMES OF HELL. By the way, thanks for the information Blizz.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Dweller

Cleric01 done:

Different colors of the female magic tunic: . My favorite is the violet one, what do you thinK?
Dwellercoc

Blizzard

I actually like the green one. It would be good if you changed that yellowish part (on the green one) a bit if you use it.
Don't forget to add your name for the cleric.

Keep up the good work. :)

legacyblade

Good job on the cleric!

As for the mage, the green and blue ones are a bit too neon. The purple is my favorite out of these, but it needs to be desaturated just a tad.

Ryex

I agree, I like the purple one best but it is a tad too saturated.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Dweller

Quote from: Blizzard on September 25, 2011, 04:44:46 am
It would be good if you changed that yellowish part (on the green one) a bit if you use it.

Yes, my fail, it has the correct color in one frame but not in the 3 others.

QuoteAs for the mage, the green and blue ones are a bit too neon. The purple is my favorite out of these, but it needs to be desaturated just a tad

Yes the purple need to be desatured.

To legacyblade: I´m working now on a few characters (just in case you need to know for organization):

026-mage01 (done)
036-cleric01 (done)
Fighter
Knight
Barbarian male (front view)
Hunter male (front and back view + front animation)
Rogue female
Mage female (front view)
Civilian female (front view)
Civilian male (front view)
Dwellercoc

legacyblade

I've gotta go to work right now, but when I get back I'll update the front post setting you as assigned for those items. Other than that, it doesn't matter which number you pick for a sprite. Just make sure if you're doing a number 5 for any sprite, it has to be an "evil" or "dark" looking sprite of that class (to add variety and keep every game from using the same few sprites as villains.)

Dweller

Last days I was busy with work and RL so didn´t have enough time to pixel art, but I´m still working on a few characters:

Next week I'll propably finish 2 more characters full spritesheet's.
Dwellercoc

Blizzard

Those are great! :D I hope to see them finished soon. :)