Some feedback about CP

Started by PhoenixFire, April 15, 2011, 11:44:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

So, I have been on this site for quite some time, and wanted to share some thoughts about it. I personally like the site quite a bit, and have found myself on this forum just as much as I'm on my own  :^_^': which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The fact that SMF is used for the forum aspect is just plain awesome, because my forum and 2 other sites I'm on, also use it, and it's sooooo easy to figure out how to do things.. Well, MOST things at least >.<   The only thing I would say you could do, is that when someone has a pretty serious project, with say 200 views minimum, and a certain number of replies, generating a bit of interest, you could give them their own child-board, and make them a moderator for just that 'board'? I know it would make it a little easier for me, the way I update things for my project and it's details >.> Just my two cents, that's all.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

winkio

We have that, it's called 'Featured Projects'.  If you want yours to be featured, may I ask that you answer a few simple questions?

1.  How far along in development is it?
2.  How would you use the featured projects section?
3.  Why does your project deserve to be featured?  (What would you post in your board?)

PhoenixFire

1. Well, I'm still in Alpha testing and design stage, so, not as far as maybe some peoples projects.. But, I never plan for it to be fully done. I think I will be continuously adding to it, upgrading graphics, new audio and features, etc.

2. Well, If it has it's own section, I would be using that in several ways. I would have one thread for the game description and questions, another thread for bugs and such, and yet another for feedback, feature requests, etc. I would probably have another thread for the testers themselves, but, that would be something that "upper management" here would need to approve, because it would need a membergroup of it's own to limit who's allowed in it >.>

3. Well, I don't really know if it's deserving of being a featured project just yet >.< It would be awesome if it could be, and, it would draw a bit more attention, thereby allowing me to get some more insight, feedback, and suggestions.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

PhoenixFire

winkio

done.  I'm moving your topics there now.  I'm starting off with a single board for now, but if it gets big, I'll add in the subboard/group for testers.

PhoenixFire

PhoenixFire

..hehehe, so, when there's enough people helping develop the game, sprites, etc, the group could be called epiq developers lolz

Blizzard

Actually no, the Classic Developers group is an exception because all development is secret and hidden from the rest of the forum. Having a special usergroup is the only way to give them access to a special subsection that nobody else can see.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Oh, no this was in reference to what I said before about maybe having a sub-forum for just the developers and testers of my game.. It was meant mostly as a joke, and a play on words.. Although, in reference to that project, it does seem promising, and if I weren't bogged down with my project, I would offer to help out with it.