Laptop Issue, need some help / advice / thoughts / sanity.....

Started by PhoenixFire, April 16, 2011, 11:16:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Okay, as the title implies, I'm fed up with my laptop... The screen's power inverter keeps crapping out on me, at random times, usually while working on the project (hence why the game data got corrupted several times, and I had to restart.. I now keep backups that I refresh / re-copy every hour or so lolz...). Now, it seems to work with the fix I used, which is gorilla glue holding it to the screen mount, and a screw wedged between the inverter and the screens' bottom edge, creating a small amount of pressure..

The question is as follows.. Does anyone know a place to get a replacement inverter, reeeaallly cheap? It's a 6 year old dell, and I don't feel like paying to resurrect a computer that I'll probably be replacing in a few months :P
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

I would look around for a junk computer to rob parts from. If its six years old, I doubt your trying to spend any money on it, but at the same time you still need a computer. You may even find one for free that someone has buried in a closet. Or try Ebay and see if someone has one.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

PhoenixFire

Yeah, those were the other options I was looking into, but, I didn't want to beg on CP for a junk computer.. Especially since I'm a new-ish-kinda member.... But, I should be getting a new laptop within a few months, so no big deal on that part.. I just need it to last me those few months before it happens  :roll:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?