Changing the Font on RPGXP [RESOLVED]

Started by Kyra, April 17, 2011, 03:08:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyra

April 17, 2011, 03:08:49 pm Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:11:08 am by Kyra
After searching the database, materialbase and scripts for anything that could hint at being able to change the font's size and style I have come empty handed. Perhaps I skimmed over what I thought wasn't the script file or not, but I seem to be at a loss.

I used search for "font" an a lot of scripts were brought up that were unrelated to this, and I looked around in tutorials and couldn't fin a guide on how to do that.

G_G

Use Tons of Add-ons. It has an Ultimate Font Override

Kyra

Quote from: game_guy on April 17, 2011, 03:10:38 pm
Use Tons of Add-ons. It has an Ultimate Font Override

I shall do that. Thank you. ^^

ForeverZer0

Font.default_name = 'FONT_NAME'
Font.default_size = SIZE

The only problem this causes is that if a script explicitly sets the font name/size for a window, it will change it for that instance. You can modify the scripts that do this by simply commenting out such lines.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Kyra

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 17, 2011, 03:33:59 pm

Font.default_name = 'FONT_NAME'
Font.default_size = SIZE

The only problem this causes is that if a script explicitly sets the font name/size for a window, it will change it for that instance. You can modify the scripts that do this by simply commenting out such lines.

So I just make a new script with this and place it above Main?

Commenting is just putting # in front of it, right?

Blizzard

Yes and yes.
You can alternatively simply edit the main script and put these two lines before the "begin" keyword in the main script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I was just typing that, clicked "Post" and got that fun old message telling me someone already posted.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kyra

So do I edit the subject to say (RESOLVED) or do the mods do that?

ForeverZer0