Cooking

Started by flrodude, April 17, 2011, 04:52:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flrodude

I know there's already been cooking scripts but i want one without recipes.  What i mean is i want the player to have to expierement to find out the different recipes, or i'll hide recipes around the map.  Also, i want it to create like a burnt or mush object if it isn't any recipes.  If there's already a script for this please link me up, cuz i couldn't find one.

brewmeister

I'm not aware of any cooking/crafting/alchemy system that doesn't show you which items you need to combine to produce another item.
I also can't remember seeing one that can fail when you do have all the right ingredients.

That being said, your best bet is to find a system that mostly works the way you want, and have it modified.

You need to provide enough detail so that someone can make the modifications you need. pictures help (a lot) even if they're rough sketches.

How will it be accessed?  a "Cooking" option on the main menu, a special key in the item menu?
How will the user select the items?
What happens on success? (What does the user see?)
What happens on failure? (again, what does the user see?)
Are any items exempt?  (not selectable when cooking)
Are there non-consumable items required? (Pots, pans, etc..)

WhiteRose

Maybe you could use this system, but instead of weapons or armour, only create recipes for food items.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=254.0