Dragon's Wings (signups + discussion)

Started by Vell, January 08, 2008, 05:41:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

January 08, 2008, 05:41:47 pm Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:43:31 pm by UltaFlame
History:

long ago, there existed humans, they'd discovered Dragons, which had existed only in lore up until then. They lived in fear, and did as there Myths and Legends told, sent Knights against them. this lasted a long time, and humanity's numbers were waning.

then they discovered how to capture and tame the 'savage beasts', and Humanity sprang back and drove Dragon's to the brink of extinction, then, suddenly, as if from nowhere, in the defense of the Dragons, came Wyverns, slimmer, faster, draconic creatures, they flew in on there scaly wings and, with wings more developed than a dragon's, outmaneuvered the captured Dragons, and freed Dragons from human control

but most of them had forgotten there Wild Instincts, and the human's once again conquered the 'wild creatures' and tamed Wyverns, and now, with two twin species, one bigger and capable of breathing flame, and one smaller, and sleeker, yet incapable of fire-breathing, they` believed they were ready for anything.

and they were.

some Dragons managed to escape and so did some Wyverns, but they were quickly recaptured, humanity soon began forcing breeding and other cruelties upon the 'lower creatures'. with almost no sense of Draconic Instinct left in the Race, Dragons and Wyverns led quiet lives as slaves and pets.

they even lost there truest heritage. there most sacred birthright. The one thing that would decide if a Dragon or Wyvern would be able to make it past Youth to Adulthood!

they lost...

there inner fire. Dragon's could no longer breathe flame after some time. and Wyverns' wings had grown weaker over the ages, and they couldn't carry as far or as fast as they once could.

that is the situation of the world as it stands.

but Nature has a way of changing things. if only for a while.

however, if the introduction of one species, sent humanity on that much of a fallback...

then all the Races of Lore must be unleashed upon the land.

but yet...

Earth, the planet who calls upon these beings in its most dire time against the humans... is weak, she is losing strength everyday, and the waves of her sorrow wash upon some of the purer humans, and her blessing is lost on even them, once given a taste of human power, they become corrupt.

so, with waning power, she can't call forth a whole race, but merely a select few of any number of races. some she took from Human Lore, and yet, others, Earth made herself.

Plot:

humanity has taken over and nearly destroyed Earth. they've captured Dragons, and Wyverns, so now she sends few creatures of Lore, to come, and rid Earth of the Humans who've infested it.

You, are a noble warrior of a lore devised by humanity, or great mother earth herself.

choose a race from Lore, or make your own, and come, assist us on our quest to end all humanity.

SignUp:

Name:
Race: (you can choose one from lore, or make one yourself, if you make one yourself, provide a general description here)
Description: (describe yourself here, what do you wear? eye color? five sentences, five lines, NOT IN THE REPLY BOX)
Personality: (same as above... five sentences, five lines, NOT IN THE REPLY BOX)
Abilities: (spells, combat abilities, special powers, extra senses? whatever your special skills are, they go here, WITH DESCRIPTIONS)
Other (uhh, anything I missed, or anything u wanna add extra goes here)

Nortos

Love this one it loooks....AWESOME!

uhhh before I made it what do you mean by NOT IN THE REPLY BOX???

Blizzard

January 08, 2008, 06:51:39 pm #2 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:52:33 pm by Blizzard
In the quick reply box (which can be turned on in Profile -> Look and Layout preferences) the number of lines can differ from the normal post form box. It depends on the resolution you are using for your screen. For example, I use 1280x800 and the box looks the same to me in both cases.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

January 08, 2008, 07:16:33 pm #3 Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:59:59 am by Nortos
Oh ok I'll just make it than...

Name: Dante
Race: Hellhound (See Cerberus In Wikipedia)

Description: His left and right head are the heads of two Rottweiler's with demonic red eyes (Likes ones in Blizz's avy :P). His centre head consists of a a Rottweiler with black black night fur with dark red highlights,  and black pupils. When he gets angry his eyes glow red. The Rottweiler's teeth are white and look deadly with their blades being around 4ft long.
  The Hellhound's skin is black with a Viper for a tail. He is over 18 ft Tall when standing on his hind leg's and his Viper is over 15 ft long.

Personality: Dante is an intelligent being and is often called a smartass he has a hard interior and exterior.
He is rarely suprised and takes everything in stride.
He doesn't care for the human race and is looking forward to ripping them apart with his large fangs.
He has a thorough mind in guerilla tactics and urban warfare as he needs to think quickly and correctly when he is hunting in all types of conditions

Abilities: Because his fur is pure black and he is a hellhound he has the ability to shadowstep or to step into one shadow and travel to any other shadow in the entire universe,  he is also very quite and a silent killer. His extra senses consist of great hearing from his gigantic ears he can hear the smallest sounds from thousands fo miles away, he only has to attune himself to them to be aware to it. His smell is even better and once he has the scent he can hunt for a milinia and never give up on his pray even if they're universes away. He also from his paws can feel vibrations through the earth from hundreds of miles away if his other senses fail him.
Because of the power of his muscles on his legs he can jump hundreds of miles in one leap and he has great balanced from his viper for a tail
He has also delved into the Necromance arts of Dark Magic, and has the power to manipulate corpses to his every whelm, this can weaken him as a blood sacrifice is offered but the results of his magic are deadly.

Nickname:
His Necromancy arts and power are so strong together when he was a young pup he was angered by the beings of Atlantis and he brought forth heroes of lore from their graves and with them and himself he sank Atlantis to the ground he is therefore named : Destroyer of Atlantis  or Dante as it means bringer of Doom and change

Vell

cool, and of course, human's have magic and sooch.

only... the Description only comes to 4 lines, and the Personality comes to three

so once you get that, youre in.

Nortos

I'll edit it later going to see "I am Legend" now :P

Vell

k, in the meantime, I'll be thinking.

Nortos

k I finished it, btw you still need to write yours Ulta, can't wait :)

Vell

hehe, I'm gonna be controlling the humans in this war, but I'll have a character on the side against them too...

thing is tho, I'm planning on having some... behind the scenes things going on, done Via PM, don't be surprised if one of your members becomes corrupt...

anyway reason i havent posted my character is because I haven't decided if i should be an Elf, a Beast from Lore, or make something up entirely.

also, if your a Beast from Lore, like the Dragons and Wyverns, the humans WILL try to Capture you and Tame you. and if your a humanlike Species from Lore, they will try to either corrupt you to there side, or enslave you.

Nortos

:P cool oh and mine is a mix :P human head and rest animal so he can use magic atm he only knows the Dark Arts, but could we make it they can learn stuff? or not because in most cases mages take decades to master their arts

Vell

>.> all creatures can use magic in this world. and yeah, I'm planning on having this go on for a while, after we get five people(including me, once I make my character) Ima start it.

Nortos

People join up I wanna start it it's an awesome RPG

Vell

Vell

January 28, 2008, 06:38:09 am #13 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:39:16 am by UltaFlame
Name: Kieladron Nelfors

Race: Timeless Shapeshifter

Description: usually stays in the form of a simple human, copying the visige of a nearby human, has no 'true' form, and uses this ability for scouting missions. Kieladron likes to use the form of one of his allies in battle, but he also often uses his own form, which resembles that of a giant bird, made of lightning, when Kieladron is in his bird form, the cackling of thunder resounds throughout the battlefield, and a thunder storm quickly gathers overhead. Kieladron also is skilled in using a horse-like form, for when his humanoid companions who can't run fast need to get somewhere fast, he lets them ride on his back. his hair color is a light blue.

Personality: helpful when needed, though usually silent, this ageless person speaks only when he decides it necessary. he likes his hair color, and it is the same color in every form he takes on. capable of speaking any language, he can act as an interpreter, and often does so. uses his shapeshifting only for useful purposes, and remains in a human form normally, as he believes that if he is of an overly large size, he will only hamper the advance of his friends against the humans. untrustful, and an enigma, his respect and loyalty are difficult to earn, but when you've gained it, you are rewarded with a friend who will do his best to protect you. Kieladron was one human, or so says people who have known him over the centuries.

Abilities: shape shifting, any abilities that come with his form, interpreting any human language, and almost any language of creatures from Lore. incapable of dying from natural causes

Other: is a shapeshifter, and has an odd ability to read a person from a quick glance. (this is the guy i will use for foreshadowing of certain events)

Nortos

:( means your guy would kill the shit out of mine :P at least I can shadow-travel :)

Vell

actually he's not very good in battle, yeah sure he can copy allies or enemies exactly, but... well, he's not exactly practiced in that form or anythin.

Sally

January 29, 2008, 06:46:15 am #16 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:28:04 pm by Susys
Name: Sally
Race: Blood Elf
Description: (do after school)
Personality: (do after school)
Abilities:
Arcane magic - takes energy from the enemy.
Fire shot - Fires an arrow with fire powers.
Arcane shot - Fires an arrow with arcane powers.
Ice shot - Fires an arrow with Ice powers.
earthly shot - Fires an arrow with Earthly powers.
steady shot - Steadys the bow with exelence, massive damage to enemy.
toxic shot - Fires an arrow with toxic powers, may cause posion affects on the enemy.
tame beast. - tames a beast to become the users pet.

Other:
Class: archer/ hunter

Vell

i'll decide to let you in after you finish./

Calintz

January 29, 2008, 05:19:33 pm #18 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:34:35 pm by Calintz16438
Oh this is good!! >> If you wrote a book Ultaflame...>> I would read it!!  ;D

Name: Sarcanogist
Race: Karluppa
Description:
Karluppas are savage creatures that lead their lives in packs. They hunt down the weak and have no clue what the term "surrender" means. They kill for sport and bathe in blood. They are herbivores which makes their lust for blood a wonder. Upon defeat, they give signal of, to call upon renforcements to ensure that whatever has managed to kill them does not survive for much longer... >>pending<<
Personality:
Sarcanogist's personality is nothing short of lonely. He lives alone rather than in packs, and he likes it this way. He is more peaceful than most Karluppas, and is hesitant to kill. Violence lacks his nature and he loves nature. Sarcanogist likes to invent new things, and built his own home. >>pending<<
Abilities:
Magik >> Poison Breath, and Mind Tormentor...
Skillz >> Bloody Barrage...Skull Crusher...Disenlodge...Tailswipe...Solid Blade
Other:
Karluppas are a form of lizard. Their tales contain blades which can be used for many things. In Sarcanogist's case, it serves as a tool for his many hobbies. HE uses his tail to cut and shape wood for building projects, while most Karluppa use their tales to end the life of their enemies. Karluppan warriors are heavily armored and don'n know when to back down. Sarcanogist wears thin clothing and runs from battle. Karluppa have one gender and lay eggs to repopulate. Kinda like a Namek from DBZ.

Vell

cool. although what you put in Description would go in Other and Vice Versa, but whatever, ACCEPTED!

if i like Sally's finished character, we only need one more before we can go murderfy all huma- I mean.. ahem *clearing throat* save the dragons from the humans.

Calintz

Nortos

my charecter is the toughest :P I'll be the mythical Champion :P *hopes*

Vell

no, we're all pretty much on an equal basis here.

I am used more for strategic maneuvers, like, if we need a guy mounted on a horse, I'll be that horse, if we need someone to burn our foes with a dragon's flame, I'll be that dragon, yes, i can shapeshift into a dragon form. its just like a regular form tho, i mean, its not like I'll be using it very often. also, if we need someone to go in and infiltrate an enemy base without being seen, or spotted, I'll be that lion that kills, and then becomes an officer out on a stroll.

Calintz

Yeah maybe... >> But no one, and I mean no one can build houses like Sarcanogist!! Haha

Vell

your the guy who makes all the stuff we need, like, armor for my horse form incase its needed. also, you usually are the one who will set up our main base.

Calintz

Sounds like a plan...
>> Sarcanogist is more strategic than forceful...

Vell

yeah, but there all gonna have to fight at one point. we are five against humanity, so it will be tough.

Nortos

I would be better at infiltrating house I just shadow step into a shadow in the house then destroy everything there...>.>

Vell

well the humans DO have dragons ont here side, and Wyverns, I'll have you know.

Calintz

I'll invent some sort of ballistica to take 'em outta the skies!!

Vell

yeah, and fortunately, the dragons/wyverns are weaker now... no flames, underdeveloped wings... the like.

Calintz

Yeah, that'll only decrease the intensity a little though...

Vell

yeah... the dragons and Wyverns are such that if they werent weakened... we'd get pwnt 99739648648632868436979689463098509238947 ways to whatever day itll be in that many days.

Calintz

Vell

mainly because the nu,bers are just... like

ALL OF HUMANITY ALL OF DRAGONS AND ALL OF WYVERNS IN ONE CORNER...!!!

AND IN THE OTHER CORNER

umm...

a random group of five?

Calintz

Vell

we're gonna have to be stealthy in the way we do things.

STEALTHY!

alright heres mission plan number one.

*new guy appears*

CHARRRRRRRRRRGEEEEE!!!!!!!

*New Guy runs into enemy base*

*we're forced to charge in to save him*

*we almost get pwnt but make it out alive*

Calintz

Vell

January 31, 2008, 08:42:54 pm #38 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:44:21 pm by UltaFlame
SEE?! WE MUST BE SMART BOUT THINGS!

there, now maybe we'll get some members.

Calintz

Vell

Calintz

I guess that's because there aren't too many pplicants as of current..

Vell

COME ON, SALLY, FINISH MAKING YOURS, AND SOMEONE ELSE SIGNUP PLEASE?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Fallen Angel X

March 12, 2008, 02:24:29 pm #43 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:09:19 am by Fallen Angel X
Name: Tikoja
Race: Divine Human, Enchanted with the power of water.

Description: 5'9 and 180lbs. Tikoja wears special lightweight clothes that enable him to move freely. He is blind which is quite surprising considering his style of fighting. He has spiked red hair and wears a mask that covers his mouth(Like Kakashi from Naruto). His eyes are clear white and a scar going down his left eye. He wears a rosary on his neck along with a pendant and 3 rings on his right hand. He has a shortsword on his back as well as his bow and arrows. His shirt is tight and shows off his manly muscles quite well. It's just a normal t-shirt with intricate designs and is coloured red and black. He has black track pants so his movement is not as restricted. On his leg hidden under his pants he carries a knife. He has regular running shoes coloured black. He occasionally wears a hood and when he does, it becomes quite hard to see the features of his face.

Personality: Peaceful, calm and relatively quiet. Tikoja usually keeps to himself. He occasionally talks and makes annoying statements. He doesn't hesitate to help his allies and would be ready to risk his life for any task that would help his cause. He can however have wild mood swings in which he goes insane. When the conditions are right however, Tikoja ceases to exist. An alternate personality takes over that is far different. Aggressive, impatient, arrogant and quite loud, this other personality is the opposite of Tikoja. It will manipulate, lie, decieve it's teammates, anything that it can possibly do to achieve it's goals. This alternate being refers to itself as Mr. Hyde. However in actuality Tikoja is NOT Dr. Jekyll and the alternate personality simply refers to itself as Mr. Hyde. Tikoja usually manages to mask this alternative personality quite well.

Abilities: An expert marksman and the only person to have ever mastered the divine water conjuring. An elite spell that can create a holy water being. However the water being drains Tikoja of most of his energy usually leaving him immobile. It takes him several weeks to completely regain his strength. If a forced second attempt occurs, the worst case scenario is... Tikoja dies.

Other: He has ulterior motives to joining the group...
Also when Tikoja's alternate personality ensues his blindness temporarily disappears.

Is it big enough now?  ???

Vell

the description and personality are too short

Fallen Angel X

Yeah I said I'll finish it when I get to it  :o

Chaze007

March 12, 2008, 11:01:30 pm #46 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:42:58 am by Fallen Star
Name:Agmendamon
Race:DragonKin

Description: 7'2,890 lbs. Agmendamon is one of his DragonKin,part human and part dragon. Agmendamon has a special sword callen Rayne. Rayne is a mystical sword made of lightning capable of "Roasting" any creature of nonmagic and severely damaging any other. Agmendamon wears Human Plate Mail and tattered cloth, Occasionally a helmet for airborne battles. Agmendamon's enormous wings allow him to fly as high as a dragon,swift as a wyvren. and mindful as a human. Agmendamon is known to be the last of the Dragonkin. Agmendamon's Strong tail not only helps him maintain more balance than a human but also rely's as a third arm. Quitely for his looks and weight , stealthy.

Personality: Rough Uptight look, the kind you don't wanna mess with. Will risk his life to save his dragon kind and fellow human allies. He doesn't hesitate to attack any one in his way. Cheerful but quiet. Loves to make remarks about hobgoblins. But however he is overthrown by his thirst for power and glory. Has hate towards most humans, but this Dragonkin knows the difference between good and evil and therefore judges only some humans. Agmendamon HATES enslavers of any sort, he thinks everey creature should be free and work for their culture and themselves only.

Abilities:A master bladesman and swift flyer, also a shifty one.

Lightning of Jjhraid: Powers all his might and 2% of his lifespan to produce an enormous attack capable of destroying a whole fleet, even a castle in one blow.

Nerujhies Light: A Unexplainable serene calmness capable of healing quite any wound

Wyvren Feet: Uses his tail to hold up and thrusts a heavy kick that can smash clean through an ogre.

Devilish Blow: A sneak attack to rip his claws clean through any creatures back and rip out their heart from the other side

Other: Loves to listen to the waterfalls and the voices of forest nymphs

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Nortos

so it's like a dragoniod/humaniod? Also you need more in your personality section

Vell

yeah the personality comes three lines short.

also, there is no hiden village, although there could be a legend of one, since Earth is creating these last heroes to help defend her, remember? Humanity WILL try to control you, you know. its best not to side with them, but you can if you want...

Chaze007

i only made that in case any1 else wants to be one :P
and kk ill d the ersonality when i get home

Vell

March 13, 2008, 02:22:09 pm #50 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:23:15 pm by UltaFlame
i like, Accepted, how many does that now make?

allso, even if he judges the person he is in combat against to not be evil, chances are, itll be smarter for him to kill him/her anyway.

EDIT: and we're also going up against humanity, in general, so, the race is seen as an enslaver. so, the entire race is seen as being total *********(starts with a, ends with les)

Fallen Angel X

So does it like start now?  ??? Was mine fine or did it get rejected over FS's?

Vell

Accepted FAX, is that five people now?

Fallen Angel X

March 13, 2008, 05:33:07 pm #53 Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:38:47 pm by Fallen Angel X
It's 6 I think... Actually it IS 6 ;D

-Nortos
-Ulta
-Susys
-Calintz
-FAX
-SP (btw if you haven't figured out who SP is it's Fallen Star)

Vell

sweet. tomorrow we start. ILL SEND PMS NOTIFYING ALL THE MEMBERS! when i make the thread.

Vell

also, Sus wasnt accepted, she din make a Description or PErsonality.

Chaze007

KK like do we contiune the story ourselves or what. And i dont remember you explaining any rules
lol

Vell

well the ules are simple, no OVERPOWERING, you have minimal control, I tell the overall story, all discussion goes here, ABSOLUTELY NO BUNNYING OR GODMODDING! you can have a few subplots, but you must get my permission BEFOREHAND, for it at all. and well, you do what your caracter would, pretty much... yes, its kinda like continuing the story.

Chaze007

kk but are there any rules like

Quotesays

(and what not)

Vell

i myself use "blah blah blah" you can use quote if you want...

Starrodkirby86

March 18, 2008, 12:37:51 am #60 Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:41:51 am by Starrodkirby86
Name: Galdek
Race: Human

Description: One of the most regular, typical, human you can ever find, Galdek has the height of any athletic powerhouse. He's not buff, but rather slender, with a nice build. Galdek dislikes the mistreatment of Dragons and the corruption of humans, despite him being one. In fact, he wishes he weren't one in the first place, so that is why he is against the cause. Galdek has the right sort of build for an agile person, but dexterity is not his specialty, rather it is strength and sheer power. Of course, through this Galdek has grown a passion for accuracy with his swordsmanship, and it doesn't fail the warrior as well. Donning enchanted armor crafted and blessed by an experienced blacksmith, Galdek has gone so accustomed to the clothing, that when he wears it there is no longer an encumbrance, or some handicap that a person wears something new and heavy they turn mightily sluggish and incompetent. On the hip side, or the belt, Galdek has a large Falchion nestled into a sheath connected to the side of the belt for convenient use. You'll never see Galdek actually go without one of these, and if you do, the warrior actually has a backup weapon in a hidden, camouflaged, side pocket containing an old yet usable Great Knife found from dead enemies. Galdek has a little of a beard or a mustache growing, rather just those tiny dots you can expect from a nice shave, if you are a man that is. He has brown hair, with only a simple mullet. Yet strangely, you never notice the very mullet getting extremely dirty, even when doused in mud, swamp, bog, miasma, nuclear explosions, flames, you know the like...To sum it up, he has the eye color of brown.

Personality: Galdek is cheerful usually, however, he speaks in a serious tense no matter what. The voice is rather different from monotonous, but it's deep and booming, with a sense of raspiness you always get from someone of the build. You won't see the warrior gloomy at most times, which supports the cheerful statement, and he always hopes for the best man to win. Determination is within the man, but elegance and gracefulness is not. Galdek tends to forget many stuff right in front of him. For example, it is obsolete to tell him a long story about how you went to the market to purchase some items, he'll only remember the former part of that (Which is where you went to the market...but for what reason? The poor man forgot.). Galdek doesn't mind hitting anyone at all with his fists or arms, as he does it for a sign of regaining one's senses back into them when it is not the time to dawdle. Finally, he doesn't snore. :P

Abilities: The warrior has actually dabbled in some of the dark arts. Necromancy is his main art, but he cannot do much of anything correctly, except Curse some people. Which is cursing, as to haunt the victim for a senseless amount of time, crushing the victim's morale and destroying their competence to fight. However, Galdek learned how to enchant his Falchion with Fire and hurl searing Fireballs at enemies. They are weak though, as magic is not his forte, but it can start a campfire anytime. Where Galdek lacks in this area however, he comes back with these Weaponry skills. The warrior knows how to sidestep correctly, rolling out a dodge (BARREL ROLL!) in an agile motion, while countering back with the Falchion he equips. Eventually, an uppercut and a stab in the chest will do the job, as Galdek's accuracy is second to none, as aforementioned. Other than that, the only thing that should be worth mentioning that is extraordinary is the armor donned, which is mentioned earlier, but it won't hurt to state again. By the by, the armor he possesses is blessed and magical, forged by an elite blacksmith. It can deflect the typical arrow and bolt, while deflecting the weak magical elemental spells your average novice mage can suffice.

Other: He's a pervert. A big one. Well, not really, but you wouldn't be surprised if one person asks if they can go peep at a bath, and then Galdek replies, "Count me in!" Galdek also loves tranquility, especially the tropical forest and rain (When he's not in the rain of course).

Sorry for the horrendous length.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

no need to apologize at all, Accepted, and I know JUST how to include you into it. Kiel has an eye.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 18, 2008, 04:51:41 pm
no need to apologize at all, Accepted, and I know JUST how to include you into it. Kiel has an eye.
Woo, thanks, and I feel happy that I can intertwine with the story so well. :3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

you will be a survivor of the first town who we 'forgot' about *shifty eyes*