[XP] Creation System

Started by Blizzard, May 09, 2008, 12:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It's true, this system requires a lot of fine tuning for real use. I've put up v1.3b.

@SRK & Ace: You do realize that the level of the creation skill needs to be high enough (ATTR_LVL_LIMIT) so attribute changes (like STR) apply on created objects?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on July 21, 2008, 08:01:41 am
You do realize that the level of the creation skill needs to be high enough (ATTR_LVL_LIMIT) so attribute changes (like STR) apply on created objects?
If you're saying that you need to be a high enough level to use the item (Enough Creation Skill EXP/Level), then I already realize that, yes. I set myself to max every time I started that demo up. Oh well, now there's v. 1.3b  :up:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Xuroth

July 26, 2008, 03:29:42 am #22 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:49:32 am by Xuroth
version 1.3b gave me two syntax errors. one on 1490 and on 1498

if you get these errors, a fix is this:

1490     elsif @type == 0 && item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon)
         1491        @object.atk = item.atk if @object.atk < item.atk
         1492     elsif @type == 1 && item.is_a?(RPG::Armor)
         1493        @object.pdef = item.pdef if @object.pdef < item.pdef
         1494        @object.mdef = item.mdef if @object.mdef < item.mdef
         1495     end
         1496  end

change the elsif in
 1490     elsif @type == 0 && item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) 
to if, and remove the end on line 1496 but if you do not have these same lines on these numbers (depends on script link or script from demo) then on line 1924 there should be a command called end. delete it. (the longer fix is for the demo, the second one for if you used the script link.)

DONT MODIFY THESE LINES IF USING A DIFFERENT VERSION THAN 1.3b!!! Also, if you do NOT get these errors, then do NOT modify.

[EDIT]: Blizz updated the script. It works now... my bad...

My Rant: ShowHide
 I spent FOREVER reading through the code, and it didnt make any logical sense in those areas... I wasted so much time, because while I mentioned the error in another post, Blizz, the god he is, caught the error in no time flat, fixed it, and re uploaded it... poor me... {cries +4 Tears of Self-Pity}

diablosbud

Could you make this system support class creation?! This would be sick, instead of always using a pre-made class, you could make your own, selecting the skills that they can use, and spending a certain ammount of stat points, starting at certain default points made by the creator! It would be like in Oblivion, or CoD4. You name your class, spending a certain ammount of stat points, and then selecting every skill your class learns, each skill has a certain level learned at, so the game cannot be cheap, and easy. Could you please make this it would be awsome! Also a skill making system would be cool too, using items and things to make magic effects, and upgrade power, accuracy, and stuff.

Blizzard

This would require time. I most probably won't add any extra features to this script. I was thinking of a skill creation plugin, but I changed my mind.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

cstb

so Im not sure how to use this completely. how do i switch to make target animations?i press left and right but it never works...
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

March 29, 2009, 11:16:10 am #26 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:20:25 am by Blizzard
Crap, you're right. Lemme fix it.

EDIT: v1.31b is up.

cstb

YAY!cant wait to get this back into my game!

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

The fix was as simple as adding a "!" at the right position. xD

cstb

i think you forgot to post the script up...the script says the wrong version and i still cant switch:(

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Oops, sorry! I put it in the wrong folder on the server. I moved the file, now everything is fine.

cstb

...its still not working  :o

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

This line in v1.31b says that it does: "@anima_windows.each {|obj| obj.active = !obj.active}"

cstb

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Oh, you mean that you can't access the script. After you open the script window, you should press F5 to refresh it. Your browser is probably showing you the cached version. If it doesn't work, try restarting the browser.

cstb

aha!thanks blizz.Never thought of that for anything yet!who knows what the F5 button could do for me...

Final Fantasy 7

cstb

WARNING!Another bug   :<_<:. This time when you change item hit rate it gives an error.I don't have a copy of my game with the error so i cant give you any thing specific.

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

April 21, 2009, 03:39:58 am #37 Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:31:14 pm by Blizzard
I'll look into it.

EDIT: Fixed.

cstb

I thought some awesome games on CP would have a creation system. I guess mine will be the first.
(1/??? Scripts
1/500 Maps
0/50 Special Unique...Things...)

Final Fantasy 7

Mightylink

I was thinking of using it but it looks more like a dev tool then a crafting system.