Portal 2

Started by Ryex, April 29, 2011, 09:10:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I beat it in a little over 4 hours... the first time... Don't get me wrong it's an awesome game and the ending is simply awesome but the single player puzzles are not as hard as I would wish. the source mod "Portal Prelude" pretty much completely killed the possibility of actually stumping me with a portal puzzle. though I must say the new game play mechanics what with the
Spoilered for you protection: ShowHide
light walls, repulsion gel, propulsion gel, portal gel (made from moon rocks :P), and funnels that float you in mid air and are reversible. there was significant variety added to the puzzles compared to the first game, and the length is pretty much double portal 1's but it says a lot when what is supposes to be a 9-15 hours game can be beaten in a little over 4 hours on a first run. ah well, I havn;t tried the co-op play yet so I may get my $50 worth yet.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

I think Portal 2 is a great game, I just don't think it's worth anywhere near $50.

Kagutsuchi

A good game but too short to be worth the money imo. Took me around 5 hours.

AliveDrive

I took 12 hours.

Drunk Science! :D
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

stripe103

April 29, 2011, 11:03:54 am #4 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:05:43 am by stripe103
Took me a little less than 4 hours so I agree, it isn't that long, even though it is way longer than Portal 1(I think I finished that in an hour or so).
I think it would have been a bit longer if they would have had the crusher levels that is seen in the trailer(I think it was there). I hope they are going to release a map pack with all maps that they wanted to have from the beginning. I really would like to try them. I also hope they release more co-op maps as well.

But as Ryex said, the ending is really good. Probably the best I've seen in a game. I almost even cried a bit. And the credits song is just.. perfect :D

Bradley_Theory

I'll get it at sunday, for just 26,06 Euros! :D (that's less then you would normally pay, did much tricky stuff to make it cheaper. :P)
And it may be short, but the concept is so strong and orignal that it's worth the money. But that's just my opinion.

stripe103

Very much indeed. If you like puzzle games that you have to think out of the box in, you are going to love this!

Kagutsuchi

The ending was perfect ofc <3 Gladios, my favorite video game character

GAX

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

It took me around 6-7 hours. I was taking my time. I agree, the puzzles could have been harder. The puzzles in Portal 1 were more creative. Often you would do one part then another and then you would figure out that this isn't the full solution yet while here they were usually straightforward. I got a bit stuck only a few times, but I figured it out quickly.
Dialogue-wise and story-wise more entertaining than the first one. xD Also, the last boss was way too easy.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

So, who's ganna go for a co-op with me ? :D

nathmatt

i guess i will be waiting for it to drop around $20
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

@ Element
I can do it! I've already finished it but I'd like to play some more.

nathmatt

@element you know it might help if you tell ppl what system im guessing not ps3 since network is down right now
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

Didn't think of that...

Okay, if you are playing on PC, I want to play with you.

G_G

If anyone has it for the 360, add me, gamertag is Drislen.

element

Ok Didn't had much time.
So here Goes
Lf: Gamer for PC
my tag : elementisland

stripe103

I have no idea of what you mean by "Lf:" but when I search for elementisland on Steam, I get nothing..

G_G

I think elemantisland is for xbox and Gamer for PC is steam maybe?