[xp][Blizz-abs]command a party member to walk to a location.

Started by Shalaren, April 30, 2011, 08:02:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

Ok this is going to be so hard to explain, I'll do my best, please ask more questions if you don't understand the request.

3 party members in game play let's say, char1, char2, char3 (Char1 is the main character you control).
You walk to an event with whatever story line, and then monsters appear! There is a door that needs to be unlocked to escape.
now we can't set a move route to a character that isn't the main, setting a route moves all character, what the event does, is let's say moved character of ID: XX, in this case its 2, |Char2 to walk to Event ID:x (the event is the door), while this happens the two other characters are able to be active, meaning they fight, if char2 gets attacked the command is cancelled, so the two others basically need to protect him. as he gets to the door, there will be a countdown of a number of my choice on top of the character, again, if attacked the countdown is also cancelled and they will have to make the event give the command again. If the countdown was successful the "Event ID:x" will change a self switch, or just a normal switch.

Basically what I want to do is create a character that opens doors, by giving a command that can be activated by events, the character goes to a chosen event while the other characters stay still and fight, it will start a countdown to turning on\off a switch. But again it's a given command, if its interrupted by getting attacked or going out of screen view (meaning you can't see the character in the screen) command is cancelled and character returns to you. 

so another point is that if the location is really out of screen view, the character wont be able to reach it as it will cancel when he leaves the view.

I'd imagen the countdown tho is the hard part =\.

karldaylo

this might help(not the entire solution but partially)

at the entering of the room make an event that triggers autorun(or maybe when the player touches it..)
remove the party member that whom will be picking the locked door, and make it an allied event (some configuration within blizzabs confugeretor somthin) and tick fixed direction of that event.. fixed location.... anything that keep him movin away from the door, and i belive theres a command at blizz abs that can make an event invunerable... allies or enemy... you should do it to both pick locker and the monster

make the pick locker allied event triggers as event touch... so everytime the monster hit him.. the countdown restarts (or better yet.. make it add few more seconds XD)

the only i thing cant tell you is.... how could you make the monster attack only the pick locker.....
im also new with this rpgmakin, and im still bit confused with everything

hope i got the right answer
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

ForeverZer0

You can change the actual game player's/event's graphic and location around to appear as other characters, that way the one needing the protected will always be the actual game player, although it may not appear to be. This will allow you to use the default event commands. It could be scripted with only a minimum amount of little snippets used for conditions, but that's your call.

Check Zer0 Add-On Collection, there is a script in there for measuring distances and checking coordinates, etc of events in relation to others. It may be all you need to finish an evented system without a ton of work.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Shalaren

I tried these before I even posted this.
but this way it cant be interrupted, and thats what I need, that it cancels if enemies interrupt.

ForeverZer0

You can use coordinates for the "attack" factor, and in the script I mentioned above, there is an "on-screen" condition that can be used.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.