Items with diminishing returns

Started by GrieverSoft, May 04, 2011, 11:16:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrieverSoft

Now, when I ask for this, I ask on behalf of anyone who might want to use it.  I'm not even sure if what I'm working on will even come to fruition.  But, I still ask, anyway.

By diminishing returns, I mean that the more an actor uses an item, the less effective it is the next time they use it.  Alternatively, an item can have increasing returns, in that it is more effective the more it is used.  Finally, I suppose a script call is in order to increase or decrease an items effectiveness by item ID and actor ID.

Features requested:
*By actor ID, by Item ID, an item's effectiveness can diminish or increase by each use.  Items can be assigned this property through a configuration.
*By actor ID, by Item ID, the effectiveness can be increased and decreased by percentage through a script call.  Regardless of the item's assignment of the above property.

Potential applications:
*Actors can become addicted to an item through diminishing returns.  If they have an SP bar, and an Item to recover it, they would have to use more and more of that item to get the desired effects
*A la Metal Gear Solid 3, an item grows more palatable to the character using it, and it increases HP recovery as a result
*A booze-based buff can become less effective as a character's tolerance to the booze raises.  A drug that increases strength by a certain amount will become less effective as that certain amount goes down with use
*A character is hit with a state that reduces the amount an item recovers his/her health.  When the state is on a character, a common event can call the script and reduce the item's effectiveness for that actor.  A common event can undo this once the state is lifted.
*A character learns a passive skill, that, through a common event calling the script, can permanently increase the effectiveness of healing items
*A character equips an item, that, through a common event calling the script, can increase the effectiveness of healing items
I like pie.  The pie is also evil.