Editor Icons Request Thread

Started by Ryex, May 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

May 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:42:26 pm by Ryex
The editor will, like most programs, have toolbar buttons. But we have no icons to place on them!

I'de also like to replace the icons we have now as they don't really look that good or fit their purpose too well

This thread will keep a running list of the icons that are needed and which ones we have

all icons should be 16*16 and should be in a png or gif format to support transparency. I'd like it if all submitted icons could be in a consistent style that would look equally good on OSX, Windows and Linux. the first submitted icon is open to the artist but after that a consistent or visually style to the first submitted icon would be much preferred.

EDIT: Now that we have accepted Icons all other Icons should be in a consistent style

Icons

Main Tool Bar

• New Project Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Open Project Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Save Project Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Undo Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Redo Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Cut Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Copy Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Paste Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce

Map Editor Toolbar

• Event Mode Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
    (an icon to act as a button to toggle the event layer in the map editor, the other layers are selected form a drop down list this is to better support the eventual 9 map layers, it wouldn't make sense to have 10 layer buttons would it?)
  • Dim Layers Icon Have Credit: legacyblade
    (previously an option in the menu bar now a toggle button so that the option can be toggled for every map open)

Database Toolbar
the "database" icon in RMXP is being expanded to have each of it's tabs opened as a new panel with it's own button

• Actors Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Classes Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Skills Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Items Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Weapons Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Armors Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Enemies Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Troops Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • States Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Animations Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Tilesets Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Common Events Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • System Icon Have Credit: ShadowPierce
  • Scripts Icon Have Credit: MikePjr

Map Tree

• Project head icon (in rmxp it is the folder at the top of the map tree) Have Credit: MikePjr
  • Map Icon (in rmxp it looks like a page with it's corner folded) Have Credit: MikePjr

Contributors:

• ShadowPierce 23 icons
  • legacyblade 2 icons
  • MikePjr 3 icons

Thank you for your contributions!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

mroedesigns

June 17, 2011, 12:07:16 am #1 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:56:27 am by mroedesigns
I can take care of some of these for you if you'd like. I'll make a few different stlyes so you can pick.

Let me know what you think!

--Removed by Author--

Ryex

well I know that I really don't like the new open and save ones sorry. I like your concept for the event and dim layers icons though. however the style really doesn't work, they look like they were designed for a 16 bit game not a modern computer program, I can understand why you picked that style but personally I hate it.

I hope that doesn't sound incredible picky...

and you don't need to make toggled versions
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

mroedesigns

It's all good, no worries :] I don't have photoshop on my new laptop yet so I did those in mspaint. I see where you're coming from. If I can get photoshop installed again I'll rework these.

PhoenixFire

I'll definitely take a look into getting some icons done up :uhm: That's one of the few things I can do very well with image manipulation  :P
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Taiine

Why not use FamFam's icon set?
http://www.famfamfam.com/
These icons are free to use for anything pretty much.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Taiine on July 15, 2011, 10:57:40 pm

I think they want something original, though I could be wrong. :P

Ryex

Quote from: Tuggernuts on July 15, 2011, 11:38:17 pm
Quote from: Taiine on July 15, 2011, 10:57:40 pm

I think they want something original, though I could be wrong. :P

hit it on the nose

InfinateX

I'll try a few of them! What style should they be in? 3D, 2D, vibrant, dull, etc.? I'm busy with a dragon sprite that's probably gonna take me all week but I can do this still... I just don't really have time to thik about it :/
I made a signature!

Ryex

Use any style you want really as I said in the first post the first artist gets to set the style, my one stipulation is that they look modern. while a 16 bit game theme might be cool to some it just wouldn't go over well.

MikePjr

I would offer my artistic skills, but yeah they would end up looking like something midevil.. i like the midevil look, scrolls, pens chests... would all be cool.. shame we can't have an option to actually customise images used for the editor.. would be awesome.. maybe have lil like.. graphics packs for the editor.. just my two cents.

Ryex

what you described would be fine. what I meant by modern was not like 16 bit NES style. as long as they look smooth and properly shaded the first artist to submit a good icon gets to set the style.

MikePjr

August 14, 2011, 07:33:32 pm #12 Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:56:33 pm by MikePjr
Quote from: Ryex on August 14, 2011, 06:51:38 pm
what you described would be fine. what I meant by modern was not like 16 bit NES style. as long as they look smooth and properly shaded the first artist to submit a good icon gets to set the style.

The NES was 8 bit >_<
And cool.. i would love to make something that fits with a ... fantasy like look.

-EDIT-
I was going to make some, but it's too much stress, i would hate anything i make to be rejected.. i just kinda decided not to mess with it.. so please no one wait on me if anyone is.

ShadowPierce

September 21, 2011, 04:44:33 pm #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:52:17 am by ShadowPierce
->I was getting bored at ripping sprites, so I decided to give this a shot... I know it's in dire need of shading, but I'd like some opinions about the concept...  :^_^':

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Ryex

if you going to link an image form your drop box you have to make it public.

ShadowPierce

->Sorry, just made an account yesterday and that was my first upload... :P I have no idea how to make a folder public, so I just replaced it with a photobucket pic... :3

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

Ryex

Frankly, I LOVE it! they have a certain "vector drawing" feel to them and I just works well for an RPG editor. if you feel you need to work on the shading a bit more feel free to do so. but as far as I'm concerned the style for the icons has been set!

just so you know for them to be usable they will need to be split apart into 16x16 images not linked together.

as for the concept

the first one is a New project icon yes? it looks good but I think the green + needs to be a bit bigger and in the foreground (it kinda looks like it is behind the scroll)

the second one is an open project icon? This one is a bit harder to understand, the arrow is pointing into the scroll so it's meaning is a bit unclear. if your opening a project your bringing the information "out" of the file not putting it "in" as the arrow indicates

and the third one I like, Save yes? it gives the impression of writing information down to be saved. no conceptual problems there.

ShadowPierce

->Thanks, these are my first attempts at icon design & it's nice to have some good feed back... :haha: I don't really know much about spriting & palettes so if there are more skilled spriters there *cough* Dweller *cough*, I'll leave it to them... >:3 But if I get bored again, I'll try to improve it...  :D

1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 22, 2011, 04:23:10 am
->Thanks, these are my first attempts at icon design & it's nice to have some good feed back... :haha: I don't really know much about spriting & palettes so if there are more skilled spriters there *cough* Dweller *cough*, I'll leave it to them... >:3 But if I get bored again, I'll try to improve it...  :D

Nice work, I like the style too, but I really hate to work with 16x16 (or 24x24 like rpg maker icons) canvas.
Dwellercoc

Ryex

getting things to look right when you only have 576 pixels to work with (in 24x24, or 256 pixels in 16x16) is a real challenge. I've only made one Icon, it a door icon that can be found in the download for my menu system.

ShadowPierce

->Again, bored... Tried my hand on shading, and I am actually quite pleased with the results, though your opinions are what matters more... :haha: Also, I'm aware that 16x16 will be used, separating them when it's finally finished will be a piece of cake anyway... :3

I enlarged :naughty: the plus sign, recolored the arrow on the open icon to be more visible & darkened the borders of the scrolls... Thoughts?  :huh:

1161-0627-9890

Fantasist

What I'd suggest is reduce contrast on the scroll and increase it on the + symbols and such. Something like this:

Less contrast on background, more visibility of the actual symbol which indicates the action the button does.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ForeverZer0

I agree with Fant, it does look a bit clearer with the difference in contrast.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ShadowPierce

->Yeah, now that you mention it... :P

Anyway, I'm just glad I got to help... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 22, 2011, 11:17:03 am
Anyway, I'm just glad I got to help... :haha:

There is still more to be done, don't stop now! ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

wow, those look good!  I'm still of the opinion that the arrow on the open icon needs to point the other direction, out of the scroll to make it clear that it is an opening action.

Fantasist

September 22, 2011, 06:02:57 pm #26 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:04:00 pm by Fantasist
Yeah. Instead of up and down, just up, or up and right would look good. And might I suggest a star instead of a plus sign for new project?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ShadowPierce

Quote from: Fantasist on September 22, 2011, 06:02:57 pm
Yeah. Instead of up and down, just up, or up and right would look good. And might I suggest a star instead of a plus sign for new project?

->I lowered the contrast of the scrolls, tried to copy the spark thingy on New icons, and created 2 kinds of Open icons... Whadd'y think? :3

1161-0627-9890

Dweller

ShadowPierce I think the trick here is what Fantasist did in his edit, make a dark border to the symbols, like:

Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

I like like the second new open icon you made.
just two things,
I like the color the scrolls had before not this bright redish brown color
also the icon for the new project icon should in in the foreground not behind the scroll

legacyblade

September 25, 2011, 07:18:33 pm #31 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:57:56 pm by legacyblade
I'm liking how the scroll icons are turning out. However, I suggest (just to make it easier for people with worse vision) to make the "open project" scroll a closed scroll with an arrow coming up out of it. It'd be really irritating to have to lean close to the screen to tell the "new project" from the "open project" button.

Anyways, I made a "event mode" icon. If you don't like it, just say so. I was wanting to put an eyeball icon in the corner, but that's pretty hard to squeeze into 2-5 pixels x.x

-- edit

I also did up a "dim layers" icon. I figured a candle would fit well along side the scrolls.

Lore

I like the candles, good job on that.
The Event Mode icon to me is a bit lacking, I personally find it pretty bland and dull. Perhaps make it a book to fit with the current theme?
I like the first open icon over the second one.
Also, the star seems a bit strange, it looks more like a tiny explosion, but maybe that's because it's in the background. Good job guys :)
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

ShadowPierce

->I've been too busy ripping Trickster monsters for my project these past 2 days, so I'll take a break and work on these... :D

I think we better agree on these things, and I'll see what I can do... :haha:

Scroll's colors?
Writing on scroll? (Text or Map)
Outlines? (Yes or no)
New Project? (Star or Plus sign)
Open Project? (Direction & color of arrow)
Other stuff :3

@LB: I agree with Lore... The candles seem appropriate, but the Event button really doesn't feel right... :P Great job anyway! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

legacyblade

Alright. I figured the event icon was lacking, I just can't think of a better one that actually gets the idea across (sure, making a pretty icon is easy. It's just hard to put meaning into a 16x16 grid. Don't think those count as 1,000 words. lol). Glad you all liked the candle though. Twas originally gonna be a lamp, but I got lazy.

@shadowpeirce, I think new project needs a green plus sign. I like blue arrow for open scroll, and i think the arrow should be coming UP from the scroll (though that might make it look too similar to the new project, in which case you should keep it how it is.

Ryex

Scroll colors: the original colors but a bit less saturated, that light parchment color was good but it was just a tiny bit too bright
On the scroll: if you can do a map that would be VERY cool but this is 16x16 so don;t push you self there writing is fine
outlines: yes
new project: green plus sign is clearest best IMHO
open project: closed scroll, arrow coming out

it's only because of you awesome work so far that I was able to nail down what we wanted for these icons, so thanks for that.

ShadowPierce

->Thanks, will start on these right after work... :3 (We really need a smiley for this)

And, no, you're awesome... :xD:

1161-0627-9890

Lore

Quote from: Ryex on September 26, 2011, 01:44:43 pm
Scroll colors: the original colors but a bit less saturated, that light parchment color was good but it was just a tiny bit too bright
On the scroll: if you can do a map that would be VERY cool but this is 16x16 so don;t push you self there writing is fine

it's only because of you awesome work so far that I was able to nail down what we wanted for these icons, so thanks for that.

+1 to these.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

ShadowPierce

September 27, 2011, 04:24:48 pm #38 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:28:48 pm by ShadowPierce
Quote from: Ryex on September 26, 2011, 01:44:43 pm

->Here's my latest edit:

Anything missing/too much/etc? :haha:

EDIT:
->I forgot to ask if it should be shaded... I was wondering if I should have shaded them, since it seem to have heavily changed the color of the scrolls... So...

Shaded? (Yes or No)

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

Looking pretty good.
Would you be able to provide a shaded example so we have some for comparison?

ShadowPierce

->Actually those are shaded... Here's my first attempt, the one without shading:

1161-0627-9890

SquareMan

I think the shaded version looks better, but it's really up to the project managers I guess.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

ShadowPierce

->I haven't heard any replies for a while... So has it been decided yet? :D

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

I'd say the shaded. You never really did an unshaded version. Those are the old ones that use the different symbols. I still think I can tell enough from it that I would vote for the shaded, though. Now you must do MOAR!

Ryex

ya, keep the shaded ones, they look the best. the best being AWESOME!

ShadowPierce

->Thanks, and thanks for helping me out on my VB problem... Thanks to you, I still got time to make a few facesets for my project & 2 versions of Undo & Redo:

And a pretty cool Cut icon:

I thought the slash effect was appropriate for our theme...  8) I still haven't thought about the themes of the Copy and Paste icons, I'd like to hear from you guys... :haha:

Thoughts? Suggestions? Spontaneously violent and murderous reactions? :3

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

I like the second versions you have there with the non tapered end

First post updated folks. take a look because there are new icons to fill.

ShadowPierce

->I'm willing to take on a few more, namely:

Quote from: Ryex on May 03, 2011, 03:44:40 am
Database Toolbar
the "database" icon in RMXP is being expanded to have each of it's tabs opened as a new panel with it's own button

• Actors Icon Needed
  • Skills Icon Needed
  • Items Icon Needed
  • Weapons Icon Needed
  • Armors Icon Needed
  • Enemies Icon Needed
  • Tilesets Icon Needed
  • System Icon Needed

I want to know what you think about the concepts:

• Actors - Red bandana (?)
• Skills - Blue Magic circle/ Wooden Staff
• Items - Round vial with blue liquid inside
• Weapons - Normal Iron Sword with yellow handle
• Armors - Steel Body Plate
• Enemies - Orc Face
• Tileset - A couple of Mountains
• System - Wrench (?)

Of course, I'm not claiming them already, anyone can still race me to finishing these (you can try :troll: )... :haha:

BTW, if I donate a few icons from my project, does that mean it belongs to ARC when I do?  :huh:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

October 02, 2011, 03:10:56 pm #48 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:42:13 pm by Ryex
if your asking if we will claim the rights to those icons then no, they will still be yours. You could ask us to remove them at any time, and we would comply (abet we'd be a bit disappointing). we only have the rights you grant us.

so, what do you mean donate them form your project? are you saying that you already have a few of these icons you describe done and are intending to use them for your project? if that's the case I'm not sure how we should feel about that. I kinda feel like we shouldn't accept resources that aren't intended solely for our use if it is going to be embedded in the editor as this has the potential to cause us probelems. Blizz, Zer0, G_G? what are your thoughts on the matter?

Blizzard

Well, it depends on you, like Ryex said. If you want to give the icons to us so they belong to ARC or if you just want to grant us the non-exclusive right to use your icons in ARC, that's up to you. Keep in mind that, if you choose the second option, you can possibly cause us problems and we'd really like to avoid getting ourselves in a position where we can have problems in the first place. :/ But it's still up to you what rights you are willing to grant us.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Yes, ideally you would give them to ARC with full permission. This would remove any possible issues in the future that we would like to avoid.

ShadowPierce

->Actually, the only occasions the icons will be used are in my project and here... I think I'll just make new ones for ARC, I somehow forgot that the icons I have are 24x24... :P

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

October 03, 2011, 01:28:28 pm #52 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:33:52 pm by ShadowPierce
->After a few tries, I've finally accepted that I just can't sprite those other icons... :^_^': So I guess this will be my final submission for ARC's icons... I'll be willing to edit them upon request... :haha:

Thanks for the encouragement guys, but I think I've lost my touch... :P Maybe I'll try again when I feel like it... :3

1161-0627-9890

legacyblade

Good icons, but I do have some advice for ya.

magic circle - this looks kinda funky. I think you should redo the edges. The center looks fine though

item icon (potion?) - this looks like the male gender symbol, lol. Not only is it angled the exact same way as the sword, but it's hard to tell what it's supposed to be. I think you should make the neck of the bottle facing upwards. And it needs some shading on the liquid. Also, I think you should give it a more triangular base (since that's usually indicative of a potion bottle in gaming these days)

Sword - great, but could use a tad extra shading (if possible). It also needs a bigger handle. It looks weird.

zenvirzan

October 10, 2011, 02:04:38 am #54 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:14:00 am by zenvirzan
= Slight edit
Not necessarily make the handle bigger, but the handle and blade thinner :)

I do have a few icons to share - I made them quite quickly, and if you like them I'll continue ;)

(Enemies, Weapons, Armours)

The Sword and other thing there (I think it was meant to be an axe, but I dunno, aha. It was a halberd, then a spear, lol) were meant to be for the weapons, but that's already taken :)

ShadowPierce

October 14, 2011, 01:29:53 pm #55 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:36:20 pm by ShadowPierce
->After a week of absence, I got to work with a few icons... BEHOLD!

You can use it wherever you think it suits best, but here's my opinion:
Potion - Items
Magic Circle - Skills
Person in Circle (My tribute to the ever-cliche Arshes) - Actors
Hammer - System (?)
Sparkles - Animations
? Mark - States
Tower - Tilesets
Castle - Tilesets
Shield - Armors
Hat & Helmet - Classes
Paste Icon - Paste (Obviously)
Two Scrolls - Copy
Sword - Weapons
Gear - (Alternate) System
Monster - Monsters
Flag - Event Mode
Star - System/Common Events
House - I dunno, Tilesets?
2 Monsters - Troops

Also, since I'm feeling pretty generous, I've decided to give full & exclusive rights to any of my icons ARC will be using! (With credit, of course ;) )

This is the least I could do for all the help this community has given me... BROHOOVES FOR EVERYONE!!!  8)

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

Ryex

October 14, 2011, 03:09:57 pm #57 Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:21:00 pm by Ryex
*walk into thread after sleeping passed noon.* *sees icons* *faints and sleep for another hour*

You are one awesome person Shadow.

ShadowPierce

->Thank you... :D

Maybe you should ban me more often... :V:

So, thoughts and comments? I'll be improving them when I'm free... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

My only nitpick is that it is a little hard to tell what the magic circle is with out the contest of you telling us that there is supposed to be a magic circle

aside from that there are just to many choices!

ShadowPierce

->Hmm, I do agree that the star sign in the middle is too thin... Or maybe you're just using CP's dark theme... :???:

It should be changed IF ARC will support skins... If not, I'm sure that icon would suffice... Try looking with a light/white BG:

http://64.19.142.11/i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/giogdgd12/DBiconsset1-1.png

Also, tell me which ones will be used as is and which ones are rejected... Just curious... :^_^':

1161-0627-9890

nathmatt

or we could just avoid the star int the circle
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ShadowPierce

->But that would make it a boring blue circle... :P

1161-0627-9890

nathmatt

better a boring blue circle then the devil sighn
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ShadowPierce

October 14, 2011, 04:42:00 pm #64 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:22:16 pm by ShadowPierce
->Lol, it's not a pentagram but something like a 6-sided star, the one that Jewish use (I think :P )... But if you're really disturbed that much, I guess I'll try a new one, like a magic rod/staff/something or fire or lightning... :haha:

Anyway, expect an alternate Skill icon in the next few days... :D

EDIT:
->Changed the previous word to Jewish after my cousin told me it was racist... Sorry, no such thing as racism here in our area... :P

1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

Although I personally kinda like the magic icon, another idea would be a wizards hat or a wand. Just an idea, I'll leave the artistic stuff to the masters.

ShadowPierce

->Here's my new take on the 'Skills' icon:

@F0: Please tell me I'm not one of those masters... I do all my icons in MS Paint... :^_^':

P.S.
If you don't like the color, recolors will be easy so just focus on the design/theme... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

I like that hat. I like that hat. I like that hat?

legacyblade

That hat is a way better skills icon than the magic circle o.o

That being said, I thought your magic circle in the magic update post looked exactly like a magic circle, lol. And that's a star of david, not a pentagram, in the middle. The funny thing is the pentagram wasn't a satanic symbol, but a symbol of the path of venus and symbolized eternity and order. Dunno who decided it was satanic.

ShadowPierce

->I'm pretty sure Baphomet was the inspiration for it being a satanic symbol, where each ray symbolizes each of Bapho's edges (2 Ears, 2 Horns, Snout)... Anyway, I'm christian so we should probably stop this demonic chatter... :xD:

On a more related topic, thank you... I guess the skills icon has been decided... Both icons were actually inspired by Final Fantasy... :haha:

If anyone have ideas for icons, post it here and I'll try to sprite them when I have time (which, apparently, I still have even though my school presentation is less than a day away)... :xD:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->I think this should be resolved ASAP, so anyone who has ideas for the missing icons or any improvement on the ones I passed, please post them here... I need distractions from all the schoolwork... :P

Since I was bored, I tried making alternate icons for some of the ones I already submitted... Feel free to post your comments, suggestions & criticisms... :haha:

Will be expecting responses! :D

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

I really like that planet one, not sure what to use it for though. I'm not sure what the first one is, and the Ashes actor one is neat

ShadowPierce

->Because I'm bored... and an attention whore, I'm posting the compilation of my work that are most suitable for the missing icons...

This should answer your question Ryex ;): ShowHide

1 - Paste
2 - Copy
3 - Events
4 - Actors
5 - Classes
6 - Skills
7 - Items
8 - Weapons
9 - Armors
10 - Enemies
11 - Troops
12 - States
13 - Animations
14 - Tilesets
15 - Common Events
16 - System

I've been having a rough month so praises would be awesome... ;)

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

*praises SP* Feel better now? *gives SP a hug*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

October 20, 2011, 10:32:15 am #74 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:38:33 am by ShadowPierce
->*hugs back*
*feels a buttsqueeze*
I said praise, not sexually harass... :V:

ANYWAY, I think I'm done here, but feel free to point out fixes... I'd like to do them myself... :3

I'm off to work on the RTP's icons now! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Ryex

*Gives SP a long awkward hug* happy?

Ryex

updated first post. three more icons needed.

ShadowPierce

->Whoa, 23 icons?! Did I really pass that much?! :O.o:

Anyway, thanks for accepting almost everything I've passed so far... Maybe I should let other members contribute, too... If no one passes anything in a week, guess I'll try making some again... :P

Good luck ARC team! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

zenvirzan

October 22, 2011, 06:28:09 am #78 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:31:24 am by zenvirzan
Would it be possible to put these under the RTP DropBox folder (in a new subfolder of course!).
Easier access to the resources, that's all :)

Oh, and ShadowPierce
Your icons are great!! Great work!
They just need a little bit more shading - you need to make them look a bit smoother.

Blizzard

They're not really part of the RTP so they shouldn't be there.

ShadowPierce

->Yeah, I'm not really good with shading... :^_^': You can try improving them, if you want to... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

HmmMmm... Looks like no one wants to make more... :P

@Devs: Since the scroll has been taken by the Files icons, what do you think should the script look like? And any ideas for the theme of the remaining Map icons?

1161-0627-9890

MikePjr

November 13, 2011, 04:31:37 am #82 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:10:54 pm by MikePjr
I took a crack at the map icon and project icon, and also the script icon.

Map icon

Project icon

Script icon

Let me know how i did, and if they need some improvement.

ForeverZer0

Those are good.

I personally not super crazy about the project icon. Nothing wrong with the quality, it is superb, just the object itself. I'm not really sure what I would want in its place though, that was just my initial reaction. Even if its not used for a project icon, I'm sure it will have a use somewhere.

Thank you, and great job once again! :)

MikePjr

November 15, 2011, 09:19:37 pm #84 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:21:15 pm by MikePjr
I made it like that, cause when i think of a project, i think of a chest filled with treasure, or being filled with treasure, for someone to discover, and find joy in.. that's why i went with a treasure chest for the project icon.
Plus it fits with the style of everything else already made and in place.