Anyone else having issues sleeping?

Started by Vell, May 03, 2011, 10:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

In January I decided to start sleeping regularly - at 10PM to 5:30AM. This became cemented when I started having issues staying awake past 10! and woke up at 6 at the latest.

Lately though I've been having difficulty falling asleep, and even worse, been finding it impossible to wake up when I need to. I barely have time to shower, and forget getting a proper breakfast set up in that time. Either one, or the other (most days I pick the breakfast, honestly).

So has anyone else had this issue? It's beginning to annoy me.

ForeverZer0

I rarely sleep more than 4 hours a night during the week. Usually I get 3-4 hours, except for weekends, where I will sleep in and get a full 8+ hours of sleep.

I kind of forced myself to adjust to this schedule though, and now it seems normal, though at first was difficult. The body tends to like consistency, and will quickly learn a pattern of sleeping. If you deviate from it, like in your case, you will find that you have a hard time getting up, and not feel entirely rested.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

I sometimes have a problem where I wake up, want to get out of bed, then decide to sleep for another hour.  I think if you can wake up on time once, either by setting your alarm early, or playing pump up music, or whatever, you will have the momentum needed to keep the schedule.  At least, that is how I've fixed this problem in the past.

Spaceman McConaughey

Wanna talk about fucked up sleep schedules?

>.>

<.<

>.<

._.

I AM SO FUCKED UP THERE. :'(

Blizzard

I had various problems myself. It was mostly because it wasn't consistent. Currently the worst thing is when I try to sleep normally over the working days (which works fine) and then my schedule gets screwed up when I go out on Saturday night. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

*goes to bed 12pm*
*wonders how long I have been trying to sleep*
*2am, still not feeling sleepy*
Spoiler: ShowHide

My problem is that I start to think when I go to sleep <.<

Subsonic_Noise

I barely sleep at all anymore. At best, I fall asleep at 4 am, and still then i wake up every hour, and then end up oversleeping. Today, I just lay awake since midnight, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't get myself to get up either. Fun times.

Ryex

May 04, 2011, 06:56:43 am #7 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:28:41 am by Ryex
*is 4:48 am* I have a final exam tomorrow at 8:00. am I sleeping? no. we'll I actually wake up at 7:30 like my two set alarms want me to? possibly. have I missed important tests by sleeping too late before? twice, first time something happened and the prof didn't show to administer the exam so I got off the hook, one week latter I did the exact same thing and actually missed the test but manages to take it the next Monday during his office hours. Will I have any chance to make up this exam If I sleep through it. no, it is finals week, I go home Saturday, and the prof is highly unlikely to allow me to come in during finals week and let me take the exam when he has exams to grade and his own to take. Does this make me want to go to sleep on time? yes. and yet I still here at what is now 4:54 in the morning typing this message instead of sleeping. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME! it is now 4:56 I'm hitting the post button now.

Edit:
6:26 AM, I just finished watching the 2011 state of the union address by obama... I guess I'll try to get some sleep in the next hour before my alarms are set to go off...
6:28. *hits save button*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />