[RESOLVED] Script Common Event Call... how?

Started by Jragyn, May 04, 2011, 10:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

May 04, 2011, 10:26:33 pm Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:54:28 pm by jragyn00
What would be the script call while using a full input module (Blizz-ABS) to detect whether or not any of the buttons have been pressed while on the map? (ie: the attack/defend/direction-arrows/skills/etc)

Trying to make a small event that counts the number of keypresses and saves them to a variable for later use... have managed to do each key individually, but I can't imagine how to do all of them X_X

EDIT: Also, is there a easy-ish way to call a common event via script-calling?
ie: $data_common_events[12].execute
???
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

winkio

Perhaps you are looking for ALL_KEYS?  as in, Input::ALL_KEYS, which is an array that contains all the keys that Blizz-ABS checks.

Jragyn

Quote from: winkio on May 04, 2011, 10:29:36 pm
Perhaps you are looking for ALL_KEYS?  as in, Input::ALL_KEYS, which is an array that contains all the keys that Blizz-ABS checks.

I'm sure if I would've just looked in the Blizz-ABS script Input module thing, I woulda noticed that -.-'' thanks Winkio, but wait, theres more! (while I sorta have you here?)

Is there a script call to just... execute/run a common event?
$data_commonevent[12].do_your_stuff
?? XD
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

winkio

assuming you are on a map:

$game_system.map_interpreter.setup($data_common_events[12].list, 0)

Jragyn

Clever!
Where would that call not be usable, though?
A menu?

winkio

well, the only other place you can call common events besides the map is in battle.

Jragyn

Derp, of course.
Well then, that answers that.
Thank you kindly for your wisdom, Winkio.

I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns.

ForeverZer0

Make sure you alter winkio's above script call if you are in battle to: "battle_interpreter" and not "map_interpreter"
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.