New version of Ubuntu released

Started by ForeverZer0, May 07, 2011, 12:00:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

I happen to stumble upon this little bit of news when looking for some new themes for my Ubuntu 10.04.

Ubuntu 11.04

Although it is technically still BETA, it is stable and is now being used as the current version.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

I am so hopping on that Ubuntu the day WINE is perfect.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Pedomon on May 07, 2011, 12:00:04 am
I happen to stumble upon this little bit of news when looking for some new themes for my Ubuntu 10.04.

Ubuntu 11.04

Although it is technically still BETA, it is stable and is now being used as the current version.

Actually, 11.04 went out of beta April 28. I'm using it right now. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I quite like the Unity environment. My main complaint is that support for my video cards is spotty at best - the designer drivers don't work at all, and third-party drivers don't fully support Crossfire X.

For future reference, by the way, Ubuntu is on a six-month release schedule. You can tell when a version was released by looking at the version number. The first number is the year, the second is the month. Thus, 11.04 was released April, 2011.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: WhiteRose on May 07, 2011, 02:31:06 am
For future reference, by the way, Ubuntu is on a six-month release schedule. You can tell when a version was released by looking at the version number. The first number is the year, the second is the month. Thus, 11.04 was released April, 2011.

You beat me to it WhiteRose... And yes, it does have a decent environment. My only complaint is the face that my laptop ran 10.XX easy, but it doesn't like loading 11.XX. Even the newer Alpha's of it, aren't doing to great with support of hardware for mine.. Yes, it's an exception to the 'standard' support, because it's a 5 year old homebrew laptop, but even still  :^_^':
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?