SMF Registration Mod + RMX-OS New User Data?

Started by G_G, May 08, 2011, 06:05:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

May 08, 2011, 06:05:10 am Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:00:30 pm by Gagmon
I want to create a small SMF mod that allows users to register through the forums to access the game. To do this, I'll need to modify the registration page and add the user data to my rmx-os database. And then when viewing profiles, you'll see their in game character and stats. I have somewhat of an idea on where to start looking for SMF but I'm curious as to what data a new user needs for RMX-OS. I remember making a registration page for it once but I don't have it anymore and I'm not sure how much RMX-OS has updated since I've last done that.

EDIT: Alright, I've managed to pass the user data into the RMX-OS database through the "registerMember" method. However, I'm using the "crypt" method with the correct salt and its saying wrong password. Which is leading me to believe I'm encrypting an already encrypted password. Does SMF use crypt? or something else? If something else, how would I get the bare password actually used?

EDIT 2: Alright so I'm not actually sure, but we're supposed to be using crypt right?

EDIT 3: Okay so I don't think PHP and Ruby 1.8.6 (the one RMXP uses) have the same crypt function and passwords aren't matching. Or back to my original theory that I'm crypting an already encrypted password.

EDIT 4: Okay, ruby's 1.8.6 crypt does not match PHP's crypt, however 1.9.x crypt matches PHP's crypt. Would there be anyway to modify the server so the password encrypting is done through there instead of RMXP? Man this blows.

EDIT 5: Blizzard you fucking snowball. Removing letters from the encypted password *tsk tsk*. SHAME ON YOU >:U

EDIT 6: Blizzard, do be warned, I am not happy with your two letter ninja removing there. Even though it was right in front of me, your ninja-ness made it hidden to ones eye. You blinded me with the storm of epic and then facepalmed as I finally figured out as if you didn't know the entire time. I'm watching you >__>

Aside from that, any idea on how I can create a profile mod? I wanna create it as an actual mod so I can install it on other SMF instances.

EDIT 7: Alright so registration via forum is 100% done. I've also managed to display the profiles equipment. Ha I win >:U

Blizzard

@5th & 6th edit: The removed letters are the salt. Leaving the salt in the encrypted password is offering the hacker a way to find a match a lot easier. I left a code comment in that section, don't say you didn't see it. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I was reading your edits and thinking "are you removing the first two letters of the generated string?" and then I got to the point where you did that :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

If anyones interested, I'm going to try and package the RMX-OS registration into a mod you can install.