What are the angles of the projection of RMXP's Tilesets?

Started by Ryex, May 08, 2011, 12:47:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

May 08, 2011, 12:47:34 am Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:13:03 am by PenguinEatingBirdramon
If I was to take a 3d program like Blender and attempt to render tilesets what angles would I have to place the camera at? I've put the camera in orthographic mode but I can't seem to get the angles right...

Edit. I think I got it 45 degrees with adjustments to the ortho scale property of the camera seem to render the right proportions
Spoiler: ShowHide
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

It's called fake bird's eye. It's not a real perspective. It's basically two perspective combined. It's a pure top view (90°) combined with a pure front view (between 0° and 10° probably, depending on a few things). And the camera is in orthographic mode. Basically you won't be able to render a whole tileset at once. Arshes is a pretty good example of the fake perspective. His whole body is front view while his face looks like it's under an angle. His hair is the weirdest because you can see the stuff that is visible in frontview AND the part that is visible under an angle.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.