Protect project

Started by Melvin, May 04, 2011, 05:32:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Melvin

May 04, 2011, 05:32:42 am Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:35:58 pm by Melvin
Hi

How to protect my project before RGSSAD Extractor?
I search scripts Anti-RGSSAD Extractor but I have not found.

Melvin

BTW: Sorry for my bed english 8)

Ok. I know. Close.
Thx Ryex!

Ryex

short and sweet is that it can't be done. believe me people around here have tried but it truly can't be done, RMXP's encryption has been cracked and that is that.

ARC on the other hand should be able to use a much stronger encryption and there has even bee some thoughts about providing special builds of the engine that are customized so that the encryption key is different.

but for now there is no truly secure way to encrypt you game, especially not with a script.

I believe there is a think called DRGSS that can encrypt games with a costume key but it require you to unpack the rgss dll use a hex editor to modify the key and repack the dll. then you should be able to use the new key to encrypt you game with DRGSS and distributing you modified dll with the game should allow it to not be decrypted unless they go searching for the key which would still visible in the dll.
but I've heard of no success stories where this actually worked. and the process is highly technical and no one is going to walk you through it or do it for you so.
besides even with the dll modifying I could still find the modified key and decrypt your game in a manner of minutes if I wanted to.

tl;dr
it can't be done.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Melvin

So... I must change key in the dll?
Ok. And how to load everything into the exe file? (Data etc..)

Melvin