ORPG-Making sites

Started by ShinyToyGuns, May 09, 2011, 01:22:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinyToyGuns

Hey guys (and gals),
I'm trying to spread the word about a series of online roleplaying game engines called First Star Online. Though similar to the RPG Makers we've all come to know and love, these engines take it one step further.

First Star Source (UnFunGames) - Unlike its name suggests, this source engine allows you to make your own ORPG with virtually no previous programming experience, and can provide endless fun for all. The only limits are the ones set by the imagination and your programming knowledge. The First Star game engines are programmed in Macromedia/Adobe Director with the Lingo programming language.

Return to Gaurdia (Temporary link) - Proof that with a bit of programming knowledge, and a dedicated team, one can create a successful ORPG. Built on the First Star Online 1 Engine, Return to Gaurdia is one of the most popular FSO servers left. With over 50 skills to train, Guild Wars, a Nation system, numerous events, and more, you're sure to have a good time making friends while having fun. 4 years after being released, RTG remains one of the best.

Gaurdia: Tactics (Temporary link) - Brought to you by the same people who brought you Return to Gaurdia, Gaurdia: Tactics is based off of the First Star Online Stratics Engine. As opposed to participating in real-time battles, you command a party of up to 5 hirelings and fight in turn-based battles which can earn you gold, items, and even equipments. Use your wits to conquer your battles in this 1 1/2 year-old game as you quest across a vast 2D world waging battles against player and monster alike.

Hope to see you there.
~Steven a.k.a. ShinyToyGuns~
Days
I've missed so many days
In a world that has become an unfamiliar place
Now to you, I'm just an unfamiliar face

~Shiny Toy Guns, Blown Away (2008)