Request: New Skills for "Thespian/Actor" class . . .

Started by Cates, February 23, 2011, 12:41:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cates

. . . and a couple others.

I'm creating an "Actor" class in my game and my ideas surpass my skill to make them happen, so here's a request for anyone to take a shot at one or all of the below skill requests.

Script-wise, the game will use among other things the RO Skills/Class Changing Script found here at CP, as well as the Tankentai sideview system, and several features from tons and Zer0's addons.

Skills I'd like to see in my game are listed below. Help/ideas/suggestions for any or all would be appreciated!

Death Scene
Effect: The character fakes his own death, and enemies ignore him completely. Taking an action (other than defend) will break the effect and enemies "notice" him again.
Notes: I love the skill name, so I'm open to many variations on this theme if one script method works better than another. Perhaps the effect only goes away when the character takes a hostile action.

Improvise
Effect: The actor makes something up on the spot, resulting in a random effect.
Notes:This is sort of like a gambling or roulette skill from old games. You select "improvise" (for relatively low SP) and any one of a number of effects could occur, some helpful, some harmful, some just plain silly.

Impersonate
Effect: The actor can mimic the skills of one of the other party members.
Notes: Again, I'm open to variations. Maybe an an FF "Mimic" style skill where the Actor repeats the last action. More desirable would be the ability to choose from among his fellow party member's skills. Given that the player can change classes with the RO script, the list of fellow party members' skills would change from game to game.

Give Alms
Effect: Damage foes by throwing gold at them.
Notes:Like the old Samurai "Toss" skill. Throw gold, either a flat rate or a percentage of the party's gold, and bad guys get hurt by such amazing generosity.  ;)

Taunt
Effect: Enrage an enemy into focusing his attacks upon the taunter.
Notes:Standard taunty-ness. I insult you, and you can't think about anything else but attacking me.

Impale - Working Title
Effect: A powerful melee attack that comes with a chance your weapon might break.
Notes: Not really one of the actor classes' skills, but one I'd like to include. For DII fans the concept comes from the Amazon's skill of the same name. I would be satisfied with a system that caused the weapon to "break" (ie, be lost completely from your inventory), but an even cooler system would be one that leaves the weapon in shards that must be taken to a smith and reforged.

Thanks in advance for any scripts or tips!

gerrtunk

Death scene: you have to modify the method thats used to set the target. random_target_actor, or enemy for enemies, in game party and game troop. Check if it have the state for example , @states.include?(id), and then make that battler isnt added to the roulette at all.
Note that smooth_target_actor for example, works for force_action i think, so you have to modify this method to making that dont add that actor.
Improvise: you dont need script for this, you can use events and little scripts additions to create a list of effects
and then make a random index
Mimic: you have to add a variable in the actor so it can save the actual battler mimic when he use the skill (skill efect, gambe battler 3, save there the ID of target actor, make the skill that can only target actors..)
in start_phase4 of scene battle, i think thats when all actors have the actions calculated, there you can iterate in game party looking for a actor that have used this skill: battler.action.kind(type, i think skill is 2), and the .skill_id, and then use the actor id saved of the mimic skill to extract the action to mimic in the other actor. Copy it to the that used the mimic and set the mimic value to nil to know that is disactivae.d
Then you
Taunt: easy to make in Xp using the make attack to actor event comamnd, force attack i say?
SPtoss: Im sure this exist
Impale: the easyest, in game battler 3, attack effect, you can multiply the damage by the configurated number and then break the weapon calling a equip(0,0) and lose_item to it.

winkio

don't gravedig, that member hasn't been active since about 7 minutes after he made the post your replied to, which was back in February.