[XP] Event Proximity Icons

Started by ForeverZer0, May 16, 2011, 02:29:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

Thank you for fixing this.

level++

Fenriswolf

Glad I waited before using it, thanks a lot for the fix.

*lvls up*

Raziel 0128

Thanks for taking the time to fix this I appreciate it.

ForeverZer0

No problem, it only took a couple of minutes.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Vexus

Any chance you would see why this script: http://save-point.org/thread-2414.html conflicts with this script?

I get an error:

91 NoMethodError occurred.

Undefined method '[]=' for nil:NilClass

Line is:

$game_map.proximity_data[event.id] = [false, []]

I was thinking on trying a tileset swap for the footstep sound script of G_G to have different versions of sounds without having the need on doubling the maps in my game to be on different tilesets. (In my project you started bare footed so I want to use the bare foot noise then you change clothes and obviously stepping sound will switch too.)

Thanks

Current Project/s:

nathmatt

this should fix it place this below the tileset swap

class Game_Map

attr_accessor :proximity_data

alias zer02_proximity_setup setup
  def setup(map_id)
    @proximity_data = {}
    zer02_proximity_setup(map_id)
  end
end
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ForeverZer0

Yes, it happens because the author of that script does not know how to alias and overwrites the whole method. You *should* be able to simply change the order of the scripts and place this one below that one to fix it instead of adding a redundant alias method.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Vexus

It made it work, thanks.

Shame the sound doesn't change when I switch tileset but stops if I use a tileset from the database that doesn't give any sound :/
Current Project/s:

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Vexus on August 08, 2012, 10:33:33 am
It made it work, thanks.

Shame the sound doesn't change when I switch tileset but stops if I use a tileset from the database that doesn't give any sound :/

you using game guy's terrain step sound script right?
from what I see, the script change the sound based on terrain tag
you can just switch the terrain tag on the map instead switching the entire tile
http://littledrago.blogspot.com/2012/08/rgss-terrain-tag-changer.html

Vexus

This is going off topic but the same problem with tileset swap happens.

First time you switch sound it works but if you try to revert the sound no sound plays.
Current Project/s:

G_G

Sometime this weekend, I'll make an alternate version of my script. It'll allow you to have multiple sets of sounds per tileset, then with a script call, you'll be able to choose which set of sounds you want to use.

Vexus

No need to do all that work for me really I can just figure out a work around. (Having double maps till you find some shoes)

Still thanks if you do but if it's time consuming don't worry about it.
Current Project/s:

Vexus

Any idea why sometimes events in a whole map or certain event's icon doesn't show?

I got 2 identical maps (For the step sound script to have different sounds) and icons show on one but on the other no icon shows when I go near events.

There's also a problem but I don't know how to create it as it happened randomly (Tough less than 10 times) where an icon wouldn't go away unless you opened/closed menu, go in a new map or go near another event which shows an icon.
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

No clue.
I would guess that it is some sort of script conflicting with it. Hard to say without a repeatable example.

Vexus

Well it seems to give problems (Error) if I place it under blizz abs, could it be the cause?
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

Might be, unfortunately I have no clue what scripts you are using, what order they are in, or a definitive answer as to when it occurs. This makes it pretty much impossible to give you any type of help with the matter.

If you uploaded a project, and maybe got a better idea how to make it reoccur, I might be able to help. If you could even get an idea, like it "it happens 1 out of every 10 times I do this:", it would help tremendously.

Vexus

August 13, 2012, 06:36:30 pm #56 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:57:15 am by Vexus
For now here's a screenshot of my script list:

Spoiler: ShowHide

[Edit]

Pmed you a demo.
Current Project/s:

ForeverZer0

August 14, 2012, 02:37:37 pm #57 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:53:09 pm by ForeverZer0
I found the problem, ABSEAL is not updating the events, which is what its supposed to do.

Here is a small script, which I will add to the main post, which will fix this issue.
It basically just tells ABSEAL to update the event if it is a proximity event and within ABSEAL's range.

class Game_Character

alias zer0_proximity_update? update?
  def update?
    if self.is_a?(Game_Event) && $game_map.proximity_data.include?(self.id)
      if @trigger == 3 || @trigger == 4 || self.name.clone.gsub!('\\eal') {''}
        return true
      end
      return in_abseal_range?
    end
    return zer0_proximity_update?
  end
end

Place it below BlizzABS the scripts.

Magus

yes, yes, yes, YES! *POWERS UP* I've been craving a script like this. To think I was about to call it quits with rpg maker. I have some new ideas :o
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Vexus

Sorry for the necropost but I'm getting an error on line 133:

flag = $game_map.proximity_data[character.id][0]

When an event is attacking me (Using Blizz abs)

Error is:

NoMethod error occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil:Class.

This doesn't happen all the time but it happens quite often.
Current Project/s: