3D rendered Tilesets

Started by Ryex, May 16, 2011, 10:10:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I'm trying to figure out rendering tilesets in blender sofar it is proving fairly easy. but getting the textures right is a pain in the ass at the moment I trying to get a good cliff texture.

this is what I have sofar. a grass texture and a wall texture.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

The Niche

*Goes skipping down the road singing "Ryex is awesome, Ryex is awesome"*

No really. Ok, I'm trying to establish what the actual three-dimensional part of the end-result is, but my luddite eye just doesn't get it. Is the point that you made it in three dimensions?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

rgangsta

O.o Those are really kick ass. Well done.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: The Niche on May 16, 2011, 01:44:28 pm
*Goes skipping down the road singing "Ryex is awesome, Ryex is awesome"*

No really. Ok, I'm trying to establish what the actual three-dimensional part of the end-result is, but my luddite eye just doesn't get it. Is the point that you made it in three dimensions?

The name "3D rendered tilesets" says it all, really.

winkio

I'm assuming its the front and top faces of a cube (beveled cube for the first wall), with a texture applied, rendered in 3D.

Ryex

not quite a cube but close. and it is rendered in ortho at 45 degrees above the horizon
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

I have recently found CGTextures so I'll be getting further into this. I think I basically going to start by remaking the RMXP tile sets (in terms of the contents not the images or style). hopefully I'll be able to do it, I have plans