Gamepads

Started by Ryex, May 16, 2011, 10:29:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I went and bought a xbox 360 control to use with my computer because i figures that fable 3 for pc would be funner to play with the controller
the day i bought it I brought it over to a friends house to play portal 2 on the xbox and I was shocked at how different the game play was. using the dual analog sticks to control movements was simply strange. understandably considering I hadn't really used such a controller in three years. well, any way, I decided to get some practice in and opened up half life 2. a game that using a mouse and keyboard I excel at. I had it on hard mode and opened up my latest save file. it was right in the middle of the run between the lab and black mesa east. I got owned by three civil protection with pistols. simply put, for me the pistol is about as good as a sniper rifle. I can get consecutive head-shots on the move using a mouse, three being enough to take out civil protection. with the xbox 360 controller I had a hard time hitting them at all. thinking back I realized that while I was bad when I first started with a mouse and keyboard I was never THIS bad. I was having a hard time hitting  my target standing still for the most part from 8 feet.

conclusion. game play with a controller and with a mouse and keyboard is completely different. I find myself navigating thins differently with the controller. and the whole push the analog stick in to crouch or zoom thing really bugs me. I key crouching in the middle of a sprint and I have none of the fine control over the aim I had with the mouse. on the plus side I'm finding it much easier to hit far away targets because i can zoom in set the aim and not have mouse wobble while i shoot my pulse rifle. I'm using the same amount of ammo for the most part because while I'm missing more when they move I'm hitting more from far way. strange.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />