Bin Laden, etc.

Started by winkio, May 16, 2011, 06:54:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

QuoteToday at 05:45:58 PM Reptile: I did and always will celebrate his death, and think of him as nothing more than scum. Fuck a trial, and that stupid shit. He was not worth it at all, and deserved nothing less than being killed on sight. Armed or not.
Today at 05:30:31 PM Smoke: @Winkio: although I agree with several viewpoints, you need to think about this point: Maybe to him, we were not innocent? Look at Christianity.. They killed off thousands of innocent people, in the name of their god as well... Does that mean I'm guilty because of my beliefs? Now, on the other hand, yes, he's dead. cool. But until my brothers and sisters from my unit can come home, I will not be happy. Also, Bin Laden didn't kill my mates in my squad.. Other foot soldiers did...
Today at 05:28:13 PM The Niche: I´m not able to watch Wink´s video, so I will leave it to my unshakeable faith in his awesome to believe that it is good. I will say however, that I´d shift on the trial thing. What annozs me is that no one had a long conversation with him about why he did these things.
Today at 05:21:28 PM winkio: y'know, I'm just gonna let these 8 year old's handle this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkKNPEU8oc&feature=relmfu
Today at 05:19:10 PM Subsonic_Noise: He should have been given a trial. They were basically fighting for human rights there, but broke them themselves by instantly killing him off instead of capturing him and getting him judged fairly, as it is embedded in our democracy. It's a matter of principle.
Today at 05:14:52 PM winkio: no matter what the circumstances are, it's never okay to kill innocent people.  I would have been fine with capture instead of straight up killing him, but we as a global society can't let these type of people continue to spread their destruction.  Yes, we must learn from it as well, but we must also take action.
Today at 05:04:58 PM Scorpion: I have to agree with Niche on the last part. Instead of being happy that somebody got killed, we should try to learn from it. Maybe we are the ones who created the monster. Nobody thinks about that kind of stuff.
Today at 04:49:19 PM The Niche: It is a real reason, Branden. Everything he did, he did for a reason. I don´t think we should be celebrating his death. We should be trying to establish what those reasons were and are, so we can learn something, actuallz make some right from all the wrong he caused.
Today at 04:45:45 PM Reptile: Do explain how you have any compassion for that scum, Niche. None of that "he was still a person" BS. How about a REAL reason?
Today at 04:43:56 PM The Niche: Do explain, Kyra.
Today at 04:43:15 PM Kyra: Not anymore.
Today at 04:41:42 PM The Niche: And that is why people kill other people.
Today at 04:39:42 PM Reptile: That is your opinion, Niche. I for one, look down on those who killed countless innocent people. Deal with it. I did not even consider him a person.
Today at 04:37:06 PM The Niche: Because whatever else he may have been, he was a person. It doesn´t matter what he did, it´s just plain wrong to be revelling in the death of another person.
Today at 04:31:19 PM Reptile: Why are you complaining about me being happy about that worthless scum's death? We murdered the motherfucker, and I couldn't be more happy about it.
Today at 04:27:23 PM The Niche: It is not a stereotype. I said patriotism wasn´t the right word. The point is you seem disturbingly happy about the death of a person.
Today at 04:16:34 PM Reptile: It's not about patriotism, it's about one less evil person being in the world. Why the stereotypes?
Today at 04:07:34 PM The Niche: Oh Branden. You´re so patriotic...or something along those lines. My writer´s vocabularz is failing me.
Today at 04:06:12 PM Reptile: Like Osama's head did. ZING! Never too soon...

So anyways, to your last shout Smoke, if he thought a tower full of office workers and the people below as well as random passengers on planes were all guilty of crimes punishable by death, he has a problem, and cannot be allowed to make those assumptions.  There were hundreds if not thousands of ordinary citizens who never did anything to anyone in East of the Atlantic Ocean that died.  Christianity is a religion, people killed all those millions of others during the crusades, they must accept full responsibility.  Your own beliefs do nothing to tie you to those killings, unless you believe they were just and would have done the same thing.

No, killing Osama Bin Laden isn't the answer to all our problems, it solves very little in the grand scheme of things.  But Osama Bin Laden was a man who spread a flawed ideology to everyone he met.  He even trained his own sons to be suicide bombers, according to one of his sons that ran away.  That is not the type of person that one can idle and watch ruin the lives of others.

Finally, if you are at war, you signed up for it, you signed up for a specific length of time, and you signed up for the possibility of death.  Nothing in the whole world is going to change that.

Blizzard

May 17, 2011, 02:19:56 am #1 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:21:11 am by Scorpion
Everybody deserves a trial, even him. If we convict and kill him without a trial, we're no better than him. We just assume he's guilty and take his life. That's what he's been doing all along. Do YOU want to be a terrorist? (Not you, winkio, I know your standing point. I am referring to the reader in general. xD)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Power Hungry Midget

Killing Osama Bin Laden, the way they did has damaged the American's standing, at least in my opinions. For a country which tries to perceived as being right in this war. Giving him trial could've had advanced the how people view the war on "terrorism". IMHO, Osama was killed for political reasons. Obama is gonna get re-elected now. Killing Bin Laden won't actually help the American's win the war on terror. I don't think they ever will. Dead or alive Bin Laden is a martyr. He is a symbol regardless. Radical Muslims won't be affected by this, they'll avenge his death but it won't actually damage they're capacity to operate. V for Vendetta may be fiction but it speaks the truth, Ideas are bulletproof. Ramble, ramble ramble. Osamabamarama.

The plot thickens......

I have a mind to join a club and then beat you over the head with it.
     -Groucho Marx
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
     -George Bernard Shaw

http://xkcd.com/303

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
    -Oscar Wilde

Spaceman McConaughey

My God. Why the fuck do we all talk like America is the worst place ever and has a piss-poor president? This debate should have died when it died in the shoutbox.

Power Hungry Midget

America is not the worst place ever. I lived in America for two years. All I'm doing is talking about the assassination of Osama Bin Laden. All governments do things with the main purpose of getting re-elected.

The plot thickens......

I have a mind to join a club and then beat you over the head with it.
     -Groucho Marx
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
     -George Bernard Shaw

http://xkcd.com/303

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
    -Oscar Wilde

Spaceman McConaughey

PHM, do you know what you're talking about? We did it not only because he was an incredibly evil person, but also because he took the lives of countless innocent people on American soil, which also broke our laws, and why he had such a high bounty. Nobody did jack-shit to get re-elected. Once you MURDER on our soil, our agencies can go after you if they so choose.

Just stop, if you do not know what you're talking about. Everything everyone on the internet that is from a foreign country has said something about the American government being corrupted or bad in some way, hunting Osama down for piss-poor reasons like you state, or that they caused 911 themselves, and it just fucking offends me.

I vote that this topic gets closed, completely. Just like religious and racist debates(was mentioned by Blizz, and a good idea if you ask me) on this site. As this is a VERY touchy subject for a lot of people, and people just come in and post about fictional bullshit they believe to be fact, which turns it into an idiotic debate.

Blizzard

June 02, 2011, 10:54:04 am #6 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:56:00 am by Blizzard
Request granted, topic locked.
It's one thing to talk shit about your own country, but something else to talk shit about somebody else's country. I don't have the best opinion of the US either, but that's my business. I don't go around insulting people for something they believe in, even if it's their government regardless of whether it's corrupt or not. I have my opinion and everybody is entitled to their opinion. But just because it's my opinion, it doesn't make me right.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.